Ernesto Valverde - V1

fergus90

He's made some good decisions recently, e.g bringing on Dembele in the classico fairly early at 2-1. Something he would never of done last season, and also bringing on Malcom tonight. However, he needs to sub Rakitic from time to time.

serghei

Should have taken Rakitic off who was on a yellow and clearly looked tired.

Hated that sub. It almost becomes a bad cliche for Valverde. Sub Arthur keep Rakitic on. Otherwise got the tactics pretty well figured out.

Now, rest Rakitic vs Betis please, and start Malcom.

FCBfan22

Hated that sub. It almost becomes a bad cliche for Valverde. Sub Arthur keep Rakitic on. Otherwise got the tactics pretty well figured out.

Now, rest Rakitic vs Betis please, and start Malcom.

Yup. I would actually go

------------MATS-------------
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
------------Busi--------------
-----Vidal--------Arthur-----
Malcom---Suarez---Dembele

against Betis. With Messi coming on as a sub in the 2nd half.

serghei

Yup. I would actually go

------------MATS-------------
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
------------Busi--------------
-----Vidal--------Arthur-----
Malcom---Suarez---Dembele

against Betis. With Messi coming on as a sub in the 2nd half.

Keep dreamin' son. I think Valverde will use the same team as tonight give or take.

FCBfan22

Keep dreamin' son. I think Valverde will use the same team as tonight give or take.

Of course he will. But I am just giving an idea what a rotation should look like. 4 bench players (Semedo, Vidal, Malcom and Dembele) plus most of the starters should do the job.

But we all know Ernie and we know that only one spot is unknown (RW), unless Messi gets a green light tomorrow. Then he will start for sure.

Cule4life

The Culest
Does he fear that the Devil will ram a poker where the sun don't shine if he subs a senior player like Raki or Busi instead of Arthur?

Same old Mr. "I don't sub earlier because i don't know which subs can make a difference"

Looked pissed at Malcom scoring (which crushed Valverde fans defense of his handling of Malcom :lol:)

Roma like match management and looked frozen like a deer in the headlights

But sure it was a "semi perfect match" from him...

Barcilliant

So, when will you guys admit that Goatverde is doing great? Keeps getting result after result, even without Messi, oh, and Bilbao is falling apart without him.
Be happy that he signed a new contract, guaranteed to win just about every title then.

Feel free to hire Valverde. Troll.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
tbh - EV has typically set us up well in a pressure situation, including last year's fixtures against Juventus, Madrid, Madrid & Spurs this year. It is when the fixture looks simple on paper that he struggles! His reaction time is too slow which is the reason why he might struggle when he faces good managers.

OAaRV.gif

In fact, this year El Clasico sums him up well - Prepares well for the game, gets his team to dominate in the first half. But fails to react on time when his opponent makes some change!

Quoting myself - He does prepare well for big games. Not just the motivated players, his tactics work well too. At least in the first half! He does not react fast and we end up having tired/non-performing players still on the pitch or the opponent manager reading his game and making appropriate changes to hurt our game play!!

We played very well and created numerous chances in this game - The forwards definitely let him down and the non-performing players stayed on the pitch completely

Andresito

Staff member
Arthur's incorporated.

Now it's Malcom's turn to keep building momentum.

After that we wait for Aleña to become part of the team.

Devils

EV masterclass since Messi got injured. Team has looked really good minus Rayo.

:wow:

GOATverde setting up a comeback in 2019. Like return of the Jedi or some shit like that.

Pepe Silvia

The real test comes in KO stages of CL. How will we react and respond when against the ropes.

His development aspect of coaching is terrible. Semedo, Dembele, Paco, Malcom... he has a way of alienating his players and crushing souls. It's annoying.

The only player I could truly see him trying with was Gomes. That one I give him credit for.

Pepe Silvia

We need a charismatic, aggressive, tactical mastermind, and someone who believes in academy and youth player development through inspiration and motivation...

In step Xavier Hernandez Creus

Home of Barca Fans