Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

Alena should get more minutes than Denis Suarez, that should be clear to everybody imo. Denis should still get minutes as well.

FCBfan22

How to fuck up the coach situation at Barca:

1. Renew Valverde in January with a hefty pay-out clause.
2. Crash out of the CL in quarters.
3. Sack him after that paying all of that money.

I know our fuckery of a board is more than able to achieve that.

Messigician

Valverde: Lyon will not be easy

"The fact that they won away to*City*tells you how difficult any game in the Champions League is.

"We aren't in a position to take anything for granted and have a month and a half to prepare for that tie."

delancey

I completely disagree. Everyone knows Denis is a bottom feeder at Barca. Playing him 10 minutes a game the month before he's going to get sold is nothing but stupidity.

Valverde's job is to win games and major trophies, and give minutes to our developing players that have a future here, like Alena. He's not a salesman.

I agree. I would like to add that his job is to win games and tournaments "in style", with an emphasis on an attack minded brand of football.

Raketa10

One word: CHARACTERLESS! This guy has no personality and no imagination at all. His football knowledge is also questionable. Even birds on a tree knew who and when will he sub. Disguisting way of managing a big club like Barca.

Leo_Messi

I am counting the days to his removal. Dreadful and chicken football once again. Sitting back at the Camp Nou for the 100th time in 1.5 years as if he was coaching Athletic. Busquets and Rakitic remain untouchable as usual. The obligatory 70 minute substation of Dembélé as well. Zero guts, zero risks taken, continuous misuse of several players main strengths, dreadful rotations as usual, zero long-term visions etc. If just the football was entertaining on average I would somewhat accept it and not complain. Winning the league is not much of an accomplishment against the worst RM in years and with this squad, the GOAT (Messi) at your disposal and our wage structure (the highest in the world apparently). If he fails in the CL again (which unfortunately is quite possible) I don't want to see him coach this team for a second longer. In fact he should have been kicked out after that dreadful Roma game last year.

How many games have people here genuinely enjoyed (talking about the quality of football - not the result) watching during his tenure? I honestly struggle to mention more than a handful if that can do it. In fact I struggle to mention 5 games at the top of my head where I genuinely can say that we witnessed a football spectacle. I think that we as fans can demand that seeing our squad, the GOAT playing for us and the quality of most of our rivals throughout the season in comparison.

There is no system and the entertainment and results are due to the individual class of players not the system or any coaching abilities. It should be evident even for the greatest Valverde fan. Napoli under Sarri (to make just one example) with twice as average players, played twice as good football as we have been playing on average with Valverde as the coach. That is not acceptable. This is Barça not Athletic.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans