Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

But people didnt raise problems only after the Roma incident. People were already raising questions about the lack of plan B and the tedency to just defend the lead even when we are clearly struggling and in need of goals. I don't mind defending the lead but clearly Valverde just wants to pass and pass with slow conservative possession football with no inkling of how to counter attack even. No one is demanding to replicate Pep's football but you need to have some sort of system, some sort of gameplan. That's what throws Barcelona off because they don't know what they are doing under EV.

FCBfan22

How did we win this 5-0...

Well, considering the game today with very different tactics, our best formation is IMO:

--------------------MATS----------------------
Semedo-----Pique-------Lenglet--------Alba
---------------Rakitić/Busquets--------------
-------Vidal------------Arthur/Coutinho------
Dembele-------Messi-----------Suarez-------

Joan

If you want to sell a playery, you need to keep him relevant. Had he scored, it would've been a very good night.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If you want to sell a playery, you need to keep him relevant. Had he scored, it would've been a very good night.

I completely disagree. Everyone knows Denis is a bottom feeder at Barca. Playing him 10 minutes a game the month before he's going to get sold is nothing but stupidity.

Valverde's job is to win games and major trophies, and give minutes to our developing players that have a future here, like Alena. He's not a salesman.

El Gato

Villarato!
I completely disagree. Everyone knows Denis is a bottom feeder at Barca. Playing him 10 minutes a game the month before he's going to get sold is nothing but stupidity.

He's not wrong though. Who would come for him and for what price? You'd basically loan him out and lose him for free like a Keirrison. This way at least you may get 5 million for him from somewhere. Not that it's noteworthy gain.

Joan

Valverde's job is to win games and major trophies, and give minutes to our developing players that have a future here, like Alena. He's not a salesman.
Roles in the club are not strictly separated. Valverde will help the club make Denis somewhat relevant. Somebody talks about him now. Not like he subbed him in while we were losing a CL tie. Meaningless match (at that point), garbage time. The sooner Denis leaves, the more time will Alena get. It it has to be about Alena.

Neymessi

Read the last few pages. Truly baffling stuff to read that he is just a tier below the world class coaches like pep etc.

Shit lineups, shit rotations, horrible gameplay that puts me to sleep week in week out and then you read this. Gonna steer away from this thread for some time.

Home of Barca Fans