Ernesto Valverde - V1

Zidane82

We could be so much better on the pitch...

But since Raki, Busi and Suarez are undroppable no matter how terrible they play makes it impossible to see potentially successful experiments like a Arthur/Vidal/Coutinho midfield.

I think we have a really good squad this year, especially with the excellent performances we've been seeing from Dembele, Arthur, Lenglet, Vidal, Semedo...all of which were considered to be back-up players at the start of the season and now are showing that they are strong candidates for starting positions.

Too bad our manager is as conservative as he is. I could see a strong visionary manager turning this squad into ruthless machine.
I'd actually play a front three of Messi , flanked by Dembele and Malcom .
Midfield any three of Busqs Coutinho Vidal and Arthur .
Whilst my hero Busqs wasn't brilliant tonight I'd agree to dropping Suarez and Rakitic permanently.. I believe Busqs form has suffered terribly because he's playing alongside Rakitic who's simply too slow these days .. it looked like he running through sand tonight .. the severe lack of pace simply hampers Busqs effectiveness. He's also been playing in a team that's not played well for ages , one with Sergi Roberto at RB until his injury.

Last edited:

vlad

I'd actually play a front three of Messi , flanked by Dembele and Malcom .
Midfield any three of Busqs Coutinho Vidal and Arthur .
Whilst my hero Busqs wasn't brilliant tonight I'd agree to dropping Suarez and Rakitic permanently.. I believe Busqs form has suffered terribly because he's playing alongside Rakitic who's simply too slow these days .. it looked like he running through sand tonight .. the severe lack of pace simply hampers Busqs effectiveness. He's also been playing in a team that's not played well for ages , one with Sergi Roberto at RB until his injury.

Busquets is also slow player, very slow actually, while his best skill is reading game well, his reactions are slow and he is easily overruned, busi during pep was younger and barca players were always close to opponent player so busi could read game and react in the moment and would not need to cover alot of pitch to get the ball

Im for thanking him for everything he done for barca and for bringing some fresh blood hungry for trophies

gasgas

...................mats
wague....de ligt..umtiti...alba
....vidal.....ndombele...arthur
messi.......suarez.....dembele

serghei

Hey [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION], how confident are you that Alena will start in the Tottenham game, knowing Valverde? This is basically what a competent manager who cares about young players development would do.

For me, Valverde will earn some coins in my book if he starts Alena on tuesday, and proves again what an idiot he is if he doesn't.

Cillessen - Miranda, Lenglet, Pique, Semedo - Vidal, Alena, Arthur - Dembele, Suarez, Messi. Or rest Suarez who's just back after injury and start Coutinho, with Messi centrally and Dembele on the right.

That's the best line-up. Never gonna happen.

Last edited:

jamrock

He wont do any experiments against spurs, if he does I hope it's starting all of Vidal, coutinho,dembele,messi, saurez, the same time, alena should get a good 30 minutes though, that's good enough

Messigician

Funmy how spoiled you guys are. City play someof the worst football against Chelsea but no one talks about that. We have two ganes back to back we scored 4 goals and the manager is criticized for being pragmatic.

You should see what other forums think of our players and our pressing, the grass is always greener on the other side.

We 10p percent could have won the treble and gone undefeated in the league season where it not for a few minutes of madness

fergus90

Funmy how spoiled you guys are. City play someof the worst football against Chelsea but no one talks about that. We have two ganes back to back we scored 4 goals and the manager is criticized for being pragmatic.

You should see what other forums think of our players and our pressing, the grass is always greener on the other side.

We 10p percent could have won the treble and gone undefeated in the league season where it not for a few minutes of madness

Valverde deserves all the criticism he gets for that Roma disaster, he watched on as the shit show was unfolding and did nothing about it. If the whole world could see by half time it wasnt working so should he. However it's true when he does things well he deserves praise too, it works both ways.

Sorin

Never hated another manager like i hate this trash. We are a conservative 1 billion euro team. Fuck off!

serghei

Good team selection today. Now, if he could somehow play a slightly more ambitious football than giving the ball to Tottenham and park the bus at Camp Nou for a full half, it would be a step in the right direction.

shadows

He is developing a strong Denis Suarez boner.

And that worries me...

I wouldn't worry about that..Todays match was irrelevant and he realised that too..Hence the one half for his fav child Rakitic.. and No Vidal who at least gets some rest.. Hell the only strange thing was bringing Messi on..I would've just subbed in Denis Suarez and let the match finish...

Raketa10

Barcelona have lost the battle for possession in a group stage game in the Champions League (48.8%) for the first time since December 2006 against Werder Bremen. :(

Gaudi

For a defensive maestro I must say I'm shocked by our team defending. I never seen top club defend like that, basically one ball cuts through our entire team, and that happens often, glaring holes in between the lines. Is it down to lack of positioning or simple motivation i don't know, but I remember yesterday Busi waiving his arms when he saw space behind him (though it has to be said, ball passed through him)...this is one single thing that could/will costa us in tournaments like CL.

Home of Barca Fans