Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Giving a coach new contract after 2 months of a season in which we play dire football.

If we go throphyless, we will need to pay out Ernie for him to leave at the end of the season.

FCBfan22

An extension means nothing. EV could still get sacked if we win nothing at the end of season.

A lot less likely. If his contract wasn't extended, we would just part ways. Now we'll have to fire him (unless he steps down, but I think he is too afraid of that).

MTL_Barca

An extension means nothing. EV could still get sacked if we win nothing at the end of season.

Possibly but renewing now would be a bad sign imo. It would show they don't give a shit about how we play and how the coach treats young players so if Real continues to lose every game pretty much handing us la liga for free he will stay another year.

Don't even want to think what that means long term for players like Dembele, Malcom, Alena then.

At least wait with renewing him, doing it now just to pay him a shitload of money if they decide to sack him later is just stupid. I mean its not like we have to be afraid someone might steal him from us :lol:

Devils

After watching Real Madrid win the CL 3 years in a row, we now have to endure EV for 3 years in a row.

Fffffssss it will never end.

ronniecro

awesome,so i'll watch barca play same type of football i witness in my country for two more years. i won't even talk about CL title hopes

Home of Barca Fans