Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell who he doesn't seem to like or rate highly.

Arda-he had his chance in preseason but Valverde clearly didn't like his attitude and work ethic and he hasn't played a single min since the Nastic friendly.

Gomes-Played 20 mins vs Nastic and that dreadful game vs Real and it sounds like Valverde didn't like his training efforts and seen right away he's not the player we need in that Midfield to fulfill his vision. and you see that he's been linked away with moves to Juve.

Vidal-Disastrous at RB during this preseason especially vs Real. But Valverde clearly took him out of RB and is trying to experiment him at RW to see if he can provide more there than he can at RB.

I think even if we got Coutinho you will probably see him experiment with some B players as well at some point in the season. That's the risk that we need to take as well. I wonder if the Board thought that Valverde would be okay with this current squad +a few additions.

Surprise it's clearly not the case. Valverde wants more out of his players than just hard running and muscular dudes. the likes of Arda,Gomes etc do not provide any of that, players who were constantly getting game time under Lucho.

Paulinho though we will have to wait to see how Valverde's opinion on him. It could go either way, he could make a decent impact/rotational player or he falls down the pecking order for other Midfielders. that would something would it.

As you deduced, it does seem Valverde is not as stubborn as Lucho. Also trying new things is a sign of flexibility. We are pressing more and playing more fluid.

I see many positive signs and he hasnt had a normal pre-season with that tour and shite with Neymar and lack of signings to work with.

Cool

As soon as we lose or draw against a big team everyone will be pointing fingers at Valvarde and asking for his head.

Gnidrologist

Not everyone. Just usual crybaby/gloryhunter suspects. We had lot worse conditions in the past, but (probably) young people, who started following Barca after Pep/Messi are clueless and want instant gratification. Yes, i do too, bet let's be real, k.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not everyone. Just usual crybaby/gloryhunter suspects. We had lot worse conditions in the past, but (probably) young people, who started following Barca after Pep/Messi are clueless and want instant gratification. Yes, i do too, bet let's be real, k.

Success does spoil people.

Gaudi

I'm not happy because I see all the same problems. We can disscuss who should or must we buy, but even mediocore teams can shot us down and that is unacceptable even with our current team. We simply play slow and static football and that is something coach needs to address.
I know it only picture but it happens all the time:
stcQQOr.jpg

All our players are standing and waiting for ball, no penetration no off ball movement, every team that parks this 2 lines will just slowly move from left to right and block us easily, then we'll wait for Messi to break 4 players and creates something.

serghei

I'm not happy because I see all the same problems. We can disscuss who should or must we buy, but even mediocore teams can shot us down and that is unacceptable even with our current team. We simply play slow and static football and that is something coach needs to address.
View attachment 7392

All our players are standing and waiting for ball, no penetration no off ball movement, every team that parks this 2 lines will just slowly move from left to right and block us easily, then we'll wait for Messi to break 4 players and creates something.

Agreed 100%. Can only hope that it is temporary.

Jurij

BFpaMvY.png

All our players. Based on playing time on the team and a few other things. Players without numbers not included.

Change the lineup here to make Iniesta a starter again!

http://lineupbuilder.com/new.php?sk=f9gy9

Gnidrologist

View attachment 7392

That's bs though. We always seem ''static'' against extreme bus parkers, it was the same in Pep's time, because how else a team can look, when the entirety of opposite team is settled in their own box or slightly around it. What counts is the movement that's used to penetrate it. I won't argue that this was great match, it wasn't, but it was obvious that we were dangerous even in this type handball type siege. There was a lot of movement, especially through the middle. It didn't always work well because of our arguably mediocre mid play and fact that this is just a start of season with lots of probing from Valverde's side, but it still looked way more direct and self conscious tactics/movement wise than last two Lucho seasons. Also some players being in bad shape (like Pique) may have made it worse, but that's not on V.

dostoevskij

This idiot is sending Marlon on loan while keeping a defender made of glass and another semi retired as our only CB backups.

well marlon needs playing time and is not ready seemingly for a barca Cb role
masche is still a very good option as CB nr 3
vermaelen will only be here until january, then Mina will come as CB 4

Gaudi

That's bs though. We always seem ''static'' against extreme bus parkers, it was the same in Pep's time, because how else a team can look, when the entirety of opposite team is settled in their own box or slightly around it. What counts is the movement that's used to penetrate it. I won't argue that this was great match, it wasn't, but it was obvious that we were dangerous even in this type handball type siege. There was a lot of movement, especially through the middle. It didn't always work well because of our arguably mediocre mid play and fact that this is just a start of season with lots of probing from Valverde's side, but it still looked way more direct and self conscious tactics/movement wise than last two Lucho seasons. Also some players being in bad shape (like Pique) may have made it worse, but that's not on V.

I don't agree, first we had slow buildup maybe but lightining switches, this is wath tiki taka even means, I even remember Xavi saying one touch rule. Now everything is slow, we don't have quick movement at all.
Second, even if you are right we had Xavi and prime Iniesta for that as well as opposition who didn't know what to do....time has passed, Xavi is gone, prime Iniesta as well and oppostion adapted meaning we must as well. We now have different players and good coach gets the maximum of his players and changes a system accordingly, Valverde must do the same.

Home of Barca Fans