Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

I actually wonder myself how many of our players are actually trying to save energy for the World cup since it's getting closer by the day.

I mean this doesn't totally excuse Valverde's handling of the Roma leg but I wouldn't be surprised if some dudes were more concerned about saving themselves up for the WC since we already had a 3 goal lead in this tie and a 11 point lead in the League.

KingLeo10

I actually wonder myself how many of our players are actually trying to save energy for the World cup since it's getting closer by the day.

I mean this doesn't totally excuse Valverde's handling of the Roma leg but I wouldn't be surprised if some dudes were more concerned about saving themselves up for the WC since we already had a 3 goal lead in this tie and a 11 point lead in the League.

all of them. and some of them like pique are useless imbeciles for this reason. for a team of football geniuses like messi, iniesta, busquets they can be thick in their approach to CL despite repeated failures.

FCBfan22

I don't fucking care. If Suarez wants to preserve his energy, fine. Then play Paco or Dembele in his place. At least they defend. Same with others.

Barcilliant

Thank you.

I'm glad someone gets it. You can't be outraged about a competition you are irrelevant in.

We need a huge overhaul starting with the board. There is no plan with Barca at the moment. Buy expensive players, hire underwhelming managers, youth set up a mess, aging core of players..... List goes on

Barcilliant

I doubt it. There were pictures yesterday where Pique and Iniesta questioned the game plan. It is mostly on Valverde plus the players have been overworked.

Zidane priorities are in the right place. Our idiot managers thing CDR is greater than Cl. Pathetic.

#Valverdeout

Total-Football

a domestic double and a real Madrid 0 tituli would give this season a solid 8 of 10, all things considered. Especially with Enrique's Heritage ( i had to borrow that Jose). Yes, our season evaluation, admit it or not, always depend on Madrid and vice versa.

Richard.H

Stop with the bullshit saying these professional athletes are saving themselves for the WC. That's a shit excuse. They are getting paid millions to be in tip top shape and perform everyday like it's their last. I don't see RM fans saying CR or Marcelo are trying to save themselves for the WC/Euros...

FCBfan22

For me, this season can be a 6/10 max, regardless if Madrid wins something or not. Maybe a 6.5 if we finish the league undefeated. What I would label a solid season is League+Cup+CL Semis (losing against better opposition while we play our kind of football).

However a club like Barca cannot simply exit CL like this. Never.

Scale: La Liga: 5 points, Copa: 1 point, CL Semis: 2/4 points, CL Final: 3/4 points, CL Win: 4/4 points.

Half a point rewarded if we remain unbeaten.

Devils

[tw]984230634544443393[/tw]

[tw]984230982239703042[/tw]

I'm shocked he still had a job tbh.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

[tw]984230634544443393[/tw]

[tw]984230982239703042[/tw]

I'm shocked he still had a job tbh.

next manager needs to be someone with some level of clout. valverde is a nobody for players like messi iniesta and busquets and therefore the relationship between managers and star players boils down to finger pointing rather than being a synergistic endeavor. not a coincidence CR7 enjoyed the best spells of his career under SAF and zidane, both of whom are immense figures in football. that's also why i'm not so much in favor of sarri as the others. would rather gamble everything to lure allegri...and if only simeone was more attacking minded he'd be an option too.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
a domestic double and a real Madrid 0 tituli would give this season a solid 8 of 10, all things considered. Especially with Enrique's Heritage ( i had to borrow that Jose). Yes, our season evaluation, admit it or not, always depend on Madrid and vice versa.

There's no stopping Real Madrid from winning the CL - Go easy on your heart there mate

Home of Barca Fans