Ernesto Valverde - V1

BarçaBarça

Wow, came here to be negative, and see people wanting him to resign - calm down..

But how the f*** could this happen??
We had them in the bag, and it must be a perfect storm of too easy to shake-players, too little attacking-mindedness in the tactics and just not enough effort.
It is extremely disappointing, and given the 4-1 lead it is quite unforgivable.

After this HORROR this season is a failure for sure. And it will be even bigger when Real wins CL and they will for sure.

Imo Valverde should be blamed for what he does or doesn't accomplish with Barca, not for what Real does or doesn't accomplish, even though it is a hard task.

serghei

This season is never a failure. This CL campaign has been a failure though, totally agree. Can't even blame the hard draws or the refs this time. Fair and square not good enough, lazy as fuck, and managed by a clueless manager who thought Barca are well equipped to play old school italian fotball.

Cule4life

The Culest
People said we were conserving energy by taking our foot off the gas to defend slim leads and i was saying its not easy to step up gears when things start going against you. But no i was labelled a spoilt fan/tiki taka purist. Sad thing is a small part of my brain entertained the thought that Valverde might fluke CL ala Chelsea 2012 but alas it was not be. Don't even care about the league right now.

i think he'll want to win the league unbeaten then he'll get sacked

Fuck the coward's ego. Kick his ass out ASAP. Barca is not his ego massager.

MTL_Barca

The players are to blame too, but Valverde is such a coward. Playing this passiv as Barca is shameful and he didn't even react. Dembele being subbed in at min 85 says it all.

Can anyone see this man playing offensive football with Cou and Dembouz next season? I don't.

pepi

Would be decent of him to offer resignation.

Having said that, players are just as much to blame. They went in with lax attitude and werent worthy of that shirt.
Started playing football only after they were out.

Its Valverdes job to make them play with attitude etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wow, came here to be negative, and see people wanting him to resign - calm down..

But how the f*** could this happen??
We had them in the bag, and it must be a perfect storm of too easy to shake-players, too little attacking-mindedness in the tactics and just not enough effort.
It is extremely disappointing, and given the 4-1 lead it is quite unforgivable.

Sorry, but this unforgivable. He is NOT good enough to lead Barcelona to a CL title run. He's good enough for the league and just having these players would make most managers that, especially when Real Madrid and Atletico played like crap for the first half of the season.

Nothing can salvage the season for me now. We got the easiest draw of the lot in the CL QFs and we end up bottling it.

Win the league and Copa, whatever, what we saw tonight will extend over to next season if Valverde stays and we'll go trophyless.

Barto has given a pretty decent squad as well, no excuses.

serghei

Sorry, but this unforgivable. He is NOT good enough to lead Barcelona to a CL title run. He's good enough for the league and just having these players would make most managers that, especially when Real Madrid and Atletico played like crap for the first half of the season.

True. Basically the whole point. And we've been lucky in the league plenty of times. In many close games.

George_Costanza

Would be decent of him to offer resignation.

Having said that, players are just as much to blame. They went in with lax attitude and werent worthy of that shirt.
Started playing football only after they were out.

The last 10 minutes when he subbed few players and went for more offensive approach, we played good and created chances we couldn't the whole match. The players playing conservative was based on formation, tactics, and players EV chose. I really can't blame this team winning mentality as I have seen what they have done in the past.

Home of Barca Fans