Ernesto Valverde - V1

Horatio

You're welcome
Madrid played us last season without many starters on Camp Nou (1-1). That's not an excuse. You can lose games like these, but we need to play consistent. So, basically not demanding we win or even draw, but what happened in the Supercup can't happen again.

Okay fair enough. So if we end up losing but we played consistent we will have passed this supposed 'big test'? The one of which it date seems getting postponed with almost every game?

I am slightly worried people will be too eager to jump to conclusions based on the match result of this clasico. As Jamdav pointed out don't think the Clasico will be a game to draw much conclusions and expectations from for the remainder of the season.

serghei

Okay fair enough. So if we end up losing but we played consistent we will have passed this supposed 'big test'? The one of which it date seems getting postponed with almost every game?

I am slightly worried people will be too eager to jump to conclusions based on the match result of this clasico. As Jamdav pointed out don't think the Clasico will be a game to draw much conclusions and expectations from for the remainder of the season.

If we lose and get outplayed that's 3 games out of 3 in which Madrid has outplayed us, and it would mean that out of 5 games against Spain's best, we've won 0, drawn 2, and lost 3. Not a very good record. For me, if we get outplayed, it would mean there is a clear sign that we've built our lead beating the smaller sides, while not being impressive at all against the big ones. Which is still a good way to win La Liga, but doesn't give me a whole lot of hope in CL facing the big teams as we always seem to do year after year (no Besiktas or Basel for us sadly).

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Think we are only undefeated team left in all competitions in Europe, will be tough game as always, do not really expect many goals, but i see us winning with a small margin 0-1 or 1-2.

Messi983

Think we are only undefeated team left in all competitions in Europe, will be tough game as always, do not really expect many goals, but i see us winning with a small margin 0-1 or 1-2.

Considering all competitions we are not undefeated because we lost both Supercopa games. :)

LeeRomeno

Considering all competitions we are not undefeated because we lost both Supercopa games. :)

Supercopa at least for me is more of last game of last season (between La Liga and Copa Del Rey winner of previous season), but sure, if you count than then not. Let me rephrase then, only team who has not lost in league, cup and european cup competitions...

dostoevskij

Madrid played us last season without many starters on Camp Nou (1-1). That's not an excuse. You can lose games like these, but we need to play consistent. So, basically not demanding we win or even draw, but what happened in the Supercup can't happen again.

they played with Navas-carvajal-ramos-varane-marcelo- modric-isco-kovacevic-ronaldo-benzema-vasquez. casemiro came in as a sub, james stayed on bench

So no kroos yes, and no bale( but is he even a starter???). so only one starter missing, i wouldnt call that playing without many starters:p

just for the record!

xXKonan

Ziganda kept Valverde's system but that's about it. going by what Bilbao fans say despite keeping his signature 4-2-3-1, they aren't nearly as good as it was under Valverde. the pressing, tactics and in general Motivation just aren't there.

Valverde did all he could with that squad.

Nothanks

Paulinho on Valverde
"The impression I've gotten from him is that he's a great human being. Since I came here, he's always tried to talk with me so that I could understand the way we played quickly. He does a great job. After the games, if he has to correct me on something, he always speaks to me. He's a person that I am going to keep affection with because he has shown me that he is a great human being and he's demonstrating his ability of leading the team to the top."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paulinho on Valverde
"The impression I've gotten from him is that he's a great human being. Since I came here, he's always tried to talk with me so that I could understand the way we played quickly. He does a great job. After the games, if he has to correct me on something, he always speaks to me. He's a person that I am going to keep affection with because he has shown me that he is a great human being and he's demonstrating his ability of leading the team to the top."

Great compliment for our manager.

behindbrowneyes

Paulinho on Valverde

Reflects what ex-players said about him before he joined us. Messi seems to have a good chemistry with him too.
We shouldn't be too hard on him because we had problems with Dembélés injury and our squad isn't as good as he once was. Tactically we look very well prepared in every game. Clásico will be interesting. He had too less time for preparation for the Supercopa games so I don't rate these games in any way.

FinBarcelonafan

Reflects what ex-players said about him before he joined us. Messi seems to have a good chemistry with him too.
We shouldn't be too hard on him because we had problems with Dembélés injury and our squad isn't as good as he once was. Tactically we look very well prepared in every game. Clásico will be interesting. He had too less time for preparation for the Supercopa games so I don't rate these games in any way.

True. Barcelona games might not be the most entertaining at the moment, but so far he has brought results. Of course, our roster was in bad shape, so his tactics make a lot of sense. I assume we will play differently with Dembele.

Home of Barca Fans