Ernesto Valverde - V1

jairzinho

i dont even know what to say anymore, we're winning i guess and our defense is solid.. i feel like we could fluke anything this season

We're definitely alot more organized defensively under Valverde. So he deserves credit for that.

But much of that has been down to Stegen and Umtiti who have both been in insane form so far.

With Sam out we''ll know for sure just how collectively organized we are as a unit. Hope we don't get exposed in the next couple games.

The one major issue i have with him like everyone else, is his use of the B team players. They could be incorporated a bit more and it would be good for us in the long run.

Hopefully he can realize that the project is long term and not just this season's success.

Messi983

Asensio, Varane, Lucas, Kovacic, with Theo and Ceballos in the pipeline (and though they don't get many minutes, still see more minutes than our B-team players). That is if you count Varane and Kovacic as young (they are both 24 and under I believe).

Of course their FIRST TEAM players get more minutes than our B TEAM players.

Neeraj

Of course their FIRST TEAM players get more minutes than our B TEAM players.

Yeah, the broader point I was addressing was that Madrid does have a decent amount of young players already functioning in the team.

Someone like Ceballos or Theo, though they are first team players they don't really get a look-in unless it's against minnows in the cup, or a dead rubber. However, in those games, they do at least get called up - including Mayoral. These situations Valverde plays Gomes, Vidal, Paco, etc. Okay they are young, but have proven they aren't good enough; we need B-team players playing in these situations, that was my point.

ronniecro

i really don't think we're gonna win anything this season under valverde,while i agree tat defence is better,our attack phase is hard to watch

Messi983

Valverde played B team players in both Copa games and I'm sure at least Alena and Arnaiz (and possibly one of the CBs) will be called up for CDR games again in January and will also get a chance to play with more first team regulars including Messi and Busquets which people wants to see.

There is just too much fuss about EV not calling up any youngsters for yesterday game imo. I think he has his reasons for that and I've mentioned them in match thread.

Sorin

I think we did fine last night. I'm among Valverede s detractors and believe that he is a wrong fit, however last night the team consisted of bench warmers for the most part and I think they did ok. IMO, we played better than in the first game against Sporting and we fielded the first 11 there.

henias

I think we did fine last night. I'm among Valverede s detractors and believe that he is a wrong fit, however last night the team consisted of bench warmers for the most part and I think they did ok. IMO, we played better than in the first game against Sporting and we fielded the first 11 there.

It's Sporting that did worse in general. They were much slower in pressing and tracking back but the only goals came from a header and an own goal. Barcelona is still the same old boring self, had Valverde benched Suarez, it would have been much better. So dont get ur hopes too high yet.

Last edited:

serghei

I think Valverde is the gamer and Barca is his MMORPG character.

He is a passionate gamer so he made levels nicely, but put too many points on defense and strenght, and not enough on agility and magic attack, forgetting that his character is a wizard, not a warrior.

He needs to play some more, to do some levels and gain points so we can improve our magic attack. It's just a matter of time. He's also lucky that he has a platinum paid account and not a free to play one.

henias

He is a passionate gamer so he made levels nicely, but put too many points on defense and strenght, and not enough on agility and magic attack, forgetting that his character is a wizard, not a warrior.

He needs to play some more, to do some levels and gain points so we can improve our magic attack. It's just a matter of time. He's also lucky that he has a platinum paid account and not a free to play one.

Exactly what I wanted to bring across, but in a more abstract manner :D

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Sounds like my Runescape account 10-15 years ago.

khaled_a_d

Last time I played one of those was back in 2004-2005 and wasn't even 3D.

Never really played online games actually and wasn't much a gamer. That is the problem when you share PC with older siblings (much older actually) who doesn't play games, video cards is the cheapest and you find yourself playing FIFA 1999 in 2003 :lol:

Windhook

Never really played online games actually and wasn't much a gamer. That is the problem when you share PC with older siblings (much older actually) who doesn't play games, video cards is the cheapest and you find yourself playing FIFA 1999 in 2003 :lol:

Well, the hardship gamer years. I'm with you on this. :D

Home of Barca Fans