Víctor Machín Pérez (Vitolo)

Truthist

Athletico sending an early statement of intent this transfer window. It could well be the 2 Madrid teams fighting it out for top spot.

Catta

To much money, he will just be a squad player, nothing more, they would have been better spending that money on mahrez or lemar

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't spend more than 20-25m on Vitolo, but Mahrez is just a one-season wonder.

They can play with a midfield of

Vitolo - Saul - Fabinho if he signs - Koke

Or even use him as a striker alongside Griezmann or Costa if they land him.

xXKonan

A Sevilla fan with the Username sevillista on reddit translated this interview from Sevilla's president on Vitolo.

Here is my attempt to translate some of Castro's radio interview.
"I don't regret making the announcement. Over the weekend I had many calls from Vitolo and 18 kilometers of whatsapp messages asking us to accept Atlético's payments in installments, saying he did not want to come back to Sevilla. I told him that was impossible and that all of the media tactics were disrespectful to the club. I went out and said he had 3 years on his contract and a club would need to pay the release clause in full if they wanted him."
"He spoke with me and the vice president and afterwards we concluded that we could meet Atlético's salary offer. If you want to resolve this, then stay. He sent me messages saying he was happy. He asked me to defend him in front of the fans when he came to sign. He arrived and gave me his word that he would sign for five seasons for the agreed amounts and an increase to the release clause. We prepared the contract during the morning. We delayed the player presentations [Banega and Pizarro] to prepare the contracts with those figures. His father gave the OK. His agent too, by email. All that was left was to sign because he had to come. The player told me to make it public. We didn't do it [until later] because we wanted a document of acceptance from the father and agent."
"If you can't count on the word of a person who has been here, who we have given everything, well I don't know."
"We're not angry. We're indignant."
"Vitolo used us to extract more money from Atlético. He made us look bad, telling us to make public a deal he did not follow through on. He disrespected our club and our fans. He failed us as a person. The reality is that he urged us to fix a problem for him, and what he did was create one for us."

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sev...lo-usado-sevilla-hecho-quedar-mal/111544.html

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's pretty bad. Especially the part about him putting pressure on them to make it public.

Messi983

Will be interesting to see Sevilla fans reaction when he returns to Pizjuan. There is even a possiblitiy he could play there with both Las Palmas and Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans