User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Squad wages

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Squad wages

    Started looking up our squad's wages after we came to the conclusion Paco is earning more than Rakitic here is a list of things I found for people interested.
    In my opinion this is another reason why we are struggling with transfers in general, too many poor players on high wages. Pay the stars a lot and the rest less, because some of these figures are ridiculous. Of course it's impossible to say if these numbers are 100% correct so just assume it's more or less accurate. All prices in euros and rounded.

    Messi: 303.000/week -> 14.5M
    Neymar: 300.000/week -> 14.4M
    Luis Suarez: 237.000/week -> 11.4M
    Andrés Iniesta: 178.000/week -> 8.5M
    Piqué: 155.000/week -> 7.4M
    Mascherano: 155.000/week -> 7.4M
    Sergio Busquets: 142.000/week -> 6.8M
    Paco Alcacer: 107.000/week -> 5.1M
    Mathieu: 105.000/week -> 5M
    Arda Turan: 100.000/week -> 4.8M
    André Gomes: 95.000/week -> 4.6M
    Jordi Alba: 90.000/week -> 4.3M
    Rakitic: 89.000/week -> 4.3M
    Aleix Vidal: 71.000/week -> 3.4M
    Ter Stegen: 65.000/week -> 3.1M
    Cillessen: 65.000/week -> 3.1M
    Digne: 65.000/week ->3.1M
    Denis Suarez: 47.500/week -> 2.3M
    Umtiti: 47.500/week -> 2.3M
    Rafinha: 45.000/week -> 2.2M
    Sergi Roberto: 24.000/week -> 1.1M
    Masip: 18.500/week -> 890K

    On Loan:
    Vermaelen: 66.000/week -> 3.2M
    Douglas: 42.000/week -> 2M
    Samper: 12.000/week -> 576K
    Munir: 6.000/week -> 288K

  2. #2
    Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Behrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Posts
    3,775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this a fucking joke? No wonder we have to basically pay to offload our deadwood

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those figures for Rakitic are what he was said to be on before he signed a new contract in March.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roberto's wages are shocking.

    Jesus Christ. Get Arda the hell out of this club and give a significant portion of his wages to Roberto.

    It's unbelievable that Arda, Mathieu and Gomes can earn so much. There is so much wrong with this club.
    Last edited by Devils; 9th May 2017 at 01:46 PM.
    Puyol #5

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Roberto's wages are shocking.

    Jesus Christ. Get Arda the hell out of this club and give a significant portion of his wages to Roberto.

    It's unbelievable that Arda, Mathieu and Gomes can earn so much. There is so much wrong with this club.
    Throw in Paco and we pay 20m a year for those four who are at best rotation players for random CL teams

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overall wages are not that bad. A few are on too much but the vast majority could get more elsewhere.

    I doubt there is a big club out there who dont have some players no longer needed on big contracts.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent 122M Euros last summer on utter crap (other than Umtiti). Instead of buying 5 mediocre players for over 100M we could've just got someone like Veratti. Quality > Quantity.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GetIn View Post
    We spent 122M Euros last summer on utter crap (other than Umtiti). Instead of buying 5 mediocre players for over 100M we could've just got someone like Veratti. Quality > Quantity.
    None of the players bought were or are 'utter crap' although Gomes has played like it at times.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busquests needs a raise, paco & Mathieu is getting too much, the rest is about right.

    We are struggling with transfer because we have a crap board, who doesn't have the right feel for the sporting side of things.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    9,720
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paco is getting that much because he is accepting a bench role at Barca, when he could be starting in many teams from La Liga. Money needs to be good to accept that.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GetIn View Post
    We spent 122M Euros last summer on utter crap (other than Umtiti). Instead of buying 5 mediocre players for over 100M we could've just got someone like Veratti. Quality > Quantity.
    lol just get fucking over Verratti already. He's not coming to Barca

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat on-topic it is just reported that Zlatan makes 22 M € / year in United!

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Somewhat on-topic it is just reported that Zlatan makes 22 M € / year in United!
    Worse than that they give Lingaard £100k a week and Rooney £300k a week.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    None of the players bought were or are 'utter crap' although Gomes has played like it at times.
    Paco, Denis, Gomes and Digne have all been mediocre to disastrous. Cillessen has been a serviceable backup and Umtiti has been great. Calling them utter crap is obviously a hyperbole, but most of them have not impressed at all. Not mention the season before that we brought in Arda for 35M. Imagine what a half decent board and sporting director would have been able to build with the resources we have available here.

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tanzania
    Posts
    6,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    Started looking up our squad's wages after we came to the conclusion Paco is earning more than Rakitic here is a list of things I found for people interested.
    In my opinion this is another reason why we are struggling with transfers in general, too many poor players on high wages. Pay the stars a lot and the rest less, because some of these figures are ridiculous. Of course it's impossible to say if these numbers are 100% correct so just assume it's more or less accurate. All prices in euros and rounded.

    Messi: 303.000/week -> 14.5M
    Neymar: 300.000/week -> 14.4M
    Luis Suarez: 237.000/week -> 11.4M
    Andrés Iniesta: 178.000/week -> 8.5M
    Piqué: 155.000/week -> 7.4M
    Mascherano: 155.000/week -> 7.4M
    Sergio Busquets: 142.000/week -> 6.8M
    Paco Alcacer: 107.000/week -> 5.1M
    Mathieu: 105.000/week -> 5M
    Arda Turan: 100.000/week -> 4.8M
    André Gomes: 95.000/week -> 4.6M
    Jordi Alba: 90.000/week -> 4.3M
    Rakitic: 89.000/week -> 4.3M
    Aleix Vidal: 71.000/week -> 3.4M
    Ter Stegen: 65.000/week -> 3.1M
    Cillessen: 65.000/week -> 3.1M
    Digne: 65.000/week ->3.1M
    Denis Suarez: 47.500/week -> 2.3M
    Umtiti: 47.500/week -> 2.3M
    Rafinha: 45.000/week -> 2.2M
    Sergi Roberto: 24.000/week -> 1.1M
    Masip: 18.500/week -> 890K

    On Loan:
    Vermaelen: 66.000/week -> 3.2M
    Douglas: 42.000/week -> 2M
    Samper: 12.000/week -> 576K
    Munir: 6.000/week -> 288K
    Paco,Mathieu, Arda, Gomes have no business being paid that high

    They are easily the worst players of the season,

    Probably among worst players i have watched this season all together