Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

• Yes

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

LaPulga

As we might need a big overhaul of the squad, for which we probably do not have sufficient money, would you be willing to sell one of MSN to free up financial resources ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was thinking about it yesterday actually, but not due to financial resources.

My thinking was trading Neymar for Verratti and getting Hazard even though I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, but that would still end up costing us 90m.

Would not sell one of MSN now because even if we get 150m for one, guys like Verratti are not available. What are we going to use the money on? Signing more duds?

Get rid of all the deadweight first and free up space and money.

El Guaje

If the pathetic board of ours didnt spend money on the likes Vermaelen, Gomes and Arda, and actually tried to sell off our scrubs instead of loaning them until their contracts run out or sell them for a small fee - then MSN would not be a problem at all. Real sold freakin Jese for 30m and we cant even get a bag of sh!t for our players.
If Gomes and Arda are sold you have the money for one midfielder. The other midfielder and the RB are to be bought from the summer transfer budget + there are some money to be made on other players like Tello, Vermaelen, Mathieu etc.

It would be stupid to split the MSN trio. All they need is a midfield that can support and create for them. During the treble season we had both Neymar and Suarez making runs and even Messi sometimes. Look at the huge difference now. Instead of making runs, we have Neymar collecting the ball in midfield instead which makes him less of a threat. Same goes for Messi. Instead of mainly being near the opponents box he must drop down to midfield and create something himself. Suarez gets no service at all = wasting one of the best strikers in the world. If we 1 or 2 amazing passers to help Messi (like Özil for example) we'd have the trio to concentrate more on scoring goals and being in good positions to begin with instead of both creating and scoring all by themselves.

So no, i would not be willing to part with anyone of the MSN trio. Sell the players that bring nothing to the team at all. But if i had to pick one it would be Suarez simply because Messi is Messi and Neymar is like 5-6 years younger.

Devils

Messi - No chance.

Neymar and Suarez I would be more open to. Assuming that we get world class reinforcements in the areas that we need.

KingLeo10

i would be willing to part with suarez if we are able to get a striker in the mold of villa. suarez is undoubtedly a great striker, but in tight areas, his hold up play and passing break down so many of our attacks.

BBZ8800

This will happen in a summer of 2018.
Ney or Suarez, or both will be gone, after another poor season.

gasgas

If we were supposed to destroy MSN

I would keep Messi
Sell Suarez, sign Mbappe
Sell Neymar, sign Dybala

Team would look like

...,.............Busi.....
.....Veratti............Roberto
................Messi
.......Dybala.........Mbappe

BUT we are keeping MSN
So all this is irrelevant

BBZ8800

If the pathetic board of ours didnt spend money on the likes Vermaelen, Gomes and Arda, and actually tried to sell off our scrubs instead of loaning them until their contracts run out or sell them for a small fee - then MSN would not be a problem at all. Real sold freakin Jese for 30m and we cant even get a bag of sh!t for our players.
If Gomes and Arda are sold you have the money for one midfielder. The other midfielder and the RB are to be bought from the summer transfer budget + there are some money to be made on other players like Tello, Vermaelen, Mathieu etc.

It would be stupid to split the MSN trio. All they need is a midfield that can support and create for them. During the treble season we had both Neymar and Suarez making runs and even Messi sometimes. Look at the huge difference now. Instead of making runs, we have Neymar collecting the ball in midfield instead which makes him less of a threat. Same goes for Messi. Instead of mainly being near the opponents box he must drop down to midfield and create something himself. Suarez gets no service at all = wasting one of the best strikers in the world. If we 1 or 2 amazing passers to help Messi (like Özil for example) we'd have the trio to concentrate more on scoring goals and being in good positions to begin with instead of both creating and scoring all by themselves.

So no, i would not be willing to part with anyone of the MSN trio. Sell the players that bring nothing to the team at all. But if i had to pick one it would be Suarez simply because Messi is Messi and Neymar is like 5-6 years younger.

There are 2 options:
1. MSN from 2014/15 is a true level of MSN and they are just underperforming now due to Lucho, motivation, age etc
2. A current level of MSN from the last two seasons is a true level of MSN, and 2014/15 was just one crazy season where they played at 120% of their abilities (like Leicester or Atletico in their golden seasons) and 2014/15 will never repeat again. Especially if you add age and even less motivation in each new season.

We too often look at one short period of time and think about that period as "a true level" of Msn or Neymar.
If we look at larger samples, both at good and bad periods, plus if we try to make some "average form" over 3-4 years, imo, those estimations will be way closer to a real value than looking only at player's prime 6 or 12 Months.

KingLeo10

There are 2 options:
1. MSN from 2014/15 is a true level of MSN and they are just underperforming now due to Lucho, motivation, age etc
2. A current level of MSN from the last two seasons is a true level of MSN, and 2014/15 was just one crazy season where they played at 120% of their abilities (like Leicester or Atletico in their golden seasons) and 2014/15 will never repeat again. Especially if you add age and even less motivation in each new season.

We too often look at one short period of time and think about that period as "a true level" of Msn or Neymar.
If we look at larger samples, both at good and bad periods, plus if we try to make some "average form" over 3-4 years, imo, those estimations will be way closer to a real value than looking only at player's prime 6 or 12 Months.

i see your point about waiting to see how MSN perform post lucho but i think lucho or not, the 14-15 version of MSN was skewed as messi put together probably the best season of his club career (~60 goals, ~ 30 assists). i don't see messi performing at that level over another season again, and suarez seems to have declined a little as he is already ~30. so yes, the 14-15 MSN was a one off, and we should be thankful they willed a treble just on sheer attacking force. we shouldn't look towards them to carry the same burden in future seasons and instead return to a more traditional model of midfield + full back dominance.

Neymessi

The point is there is no one good enough to join us if we sell one of them to replace him. We could sell neymar or suarez for a huge amount but there is no guarantee that the replacements will outdo neymar or suarez.

But yeah our wage bill is too high to operate currently.

Home of Barca Fans