User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 57.35%
  • No

    29 42.65%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    LaPulga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

    As we might need a big overhaul of the squad, for which we probably do not have sufficient money, would you be willing to sell one of MSN to free up financial resources ?

  2. #2
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,378
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking about it yesterday actually, but not due to financial resources.

    My thinking was trading Neymar for Verratti and getting Hazard even though I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, but that would still end up costing us 90m.

    Would not sell one of MSN now because even if we get 150m for one, guys like Verratti are not available. What are we going to use the money on? Signing more duds?

    Get rid of all the deadweight first and free up space and money.

  3. #3
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if we can get good players, i don't mind selling one of Neymar and Suarez.

  4. #4
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the pathetic board of ours didnt spend money on the likes Vermaelen, Gomes and Arda, and actually tried to sell off our scrubs instead of loaning them until their contracts run out or sell them for a small fee - then MSN would not be a problem at all. Real sold freakin Jese for 30m and we cant even get a bag of sh!t for our players.
    If Gomes and Arda are sold you have the money for one midfielder. The other midfielder and the RB are to be bought from the summer transfer budget + there are some money to be made on other players like Tello, Vermaelen, Mathieu etc.

    It would be stupid to split the MSN trio. All they need is a midfield that can support and create for them. During the treble season we had both Neymar and Suarez making runs and even Messi sometimes. Look at the huge difference now. Instead of making runs, we have Neymar collecting the ball in midfield instead which makes him less of a threat. Same goes for Messi. Instead of mainly being near the opponents box he must drop down to midfield and create something himself. Suarez gets no service at all = wasting one of the best strikers in the world. If we 1 or 2 amazing passers to help Messi (like Özil for example) we'd have the trio to concentrate more on scoring goals and being in good positions to begin with instead of both creating and scoring all by themselves.

    So no, i would not be willing to part with anyone of the MSN trio. Sell the players that bring nothing to the team at all. But if i had to pick one it would be Suarez simply because Messi is Messi and Neymar is like 5-6 years younger.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,637
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guaje View Post
    If the pathetic board of ours didnt spend money on the likes Vermaelen, Gomes and Arda, and actually tried to sell off our scrubs instead of loaning them until their contracts run out or sell them for a small fee - then MSN would not be a problem at all. Real sold freakin Jese for 30m and we cant even get a bag of sh!t for our players.
    If Gomes and Arda are sold you have the money for one midfielder. The other midfielder and the RB are to be bought from the summer transfer budget + there are some money to be made on other players like Tello, Vermaelen, Mathieu etc.

    It would be stupid to split the MSN trio. All they need is a midfield that can support and create for them. During the treble season we had both Neymar and Suarez making runs and even Messi sometimes. Look at the huge difference now. Instead of making runs, we have Neymar collecting the ball in midfield instead which makes him less of a threat. Same goes for Messi. Instead of mainly being near the opponents box he must drop down to midfield and create something himself. Suarez gets no service at all = wasting one of the best strikers in the world. If we 1 or 2 amazing passers to help Messi (like Özil for example) we'd have the trio to concentrate more on scoring goals and being in good positions to begin with instead of both creating and scoring all by themselves.

    So no, i would not be willing to part with anyone of the MSN trio. Sell the players that bring nothing to the team at all. But if i had to pick one it would be Suarez simply because Messi is Messi and Neymar is like 5-6 years younger.
    There are 2 options:
    1. MSN from 2014/15 is a true level of MSN and they are just underperforming now due to Lucho, motivation, age etc
    2. A current level of MSN from the last two seasons is a true level of MSN, and 2014/15 was just one crazy season where they played at 120% of their abilities (like Leicester or Atletico in their golden seasons) and 2014/15 will never repeat again. Especially if you add age and even less motivation in each new season.

    We too often look at one short period of time and think about that period as "a true level" of Msn or Neymar.
    If we look at larger samples, both at good and bad periods, plus if we try to make some "average form" over 3-4 years, imo, those estimations will be way closer to a real value than looking only at player's prime 6 or 12 Months.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    There are 2 options:
    1. MSN from 2014/15 is a true level of MSN and they are just underperforming now due to Lucho, motivation, age etc
    2. A current level of MSN from the last two seasons is a true level of MSN, and 2014/15 was just one crazy season where they played at 120% of their abilities (like Leicester or Atletico in their golden seasons) and 2014/15 will never repeat again. Especially if you add age and even less motivation in each new season.

    We too often look at one short period of time and think about that period as "a true level" of Msn or Neymar.
    If we look at larger samples, both at good and bad periods, plus if we try to make some "average form" over 3-4 years, imo, those estimations will be way closer to a real value than looking only at player's prime 6 or 12 Months.
    i see your point about waiting to see how MSN perform post lucho but i think lucho or not, the 14-15 version of MSN was skewed as messi put together probably the best season of his club career (~60 goals, ~ 30 assists). i don't see messi performing at that level over another season again, and suarez seems to have declined a little as he is already ~30. so yes, the 14-15 MSN was a one off, and we should be thankful they willed a treble just on sheer attacking force. we shouldn't look towards them to carry the same burden in future seasons and instead return to a more traditional model of midfield + full back dominance.

  7. #7
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    There are 2 options:
    1. MSN from 2014/15 is a true level of MSN and they are just underperforming now due to Lucho, motivation, age etc
    2. A current level of MSN from the last two seasons is a true level of MSN, and 2014/15 was just one crazy season where they played at 120% of their abilities (like Leicester or Atletico in their golden seasons) and 2014/15 will never repeat again. Especially if you add age and even less motivation in each new season.

    We too often look at one short period of time and think about that period as "a true level" of Msn or Neymar.
    If we look at larger samples, both at good and bad periods, plus if we try to make some "average form" over 3-4 years, imo, those estimations will be way closer to a real value than looking only at player's prime 6 or 12 Months.
    or 3: They have no support at all which makes their work much harder to do. That problem is easy to see. Why is Neymar collecting the ball in midfield area when he should be near to opponents box waiting to either get the ball or to make a run? Why does Messi have to drop so damn deep? Yeah thats right, there is nobody on the field except n declining Iniesta to bring the ball up or attempt to make a killer pass. Suarez is left all alone isolated with no service at all. The core problem is not the MSN trio, it is the subpar midfield.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    It doesn't work like that: you need a player for a player, or to get a better or an equal player.

    One more time, Masch is maybe the best Cdm in the world.
    Yet, in Barca, at least 3 guys play better on that position (Busi, Rakitic and Roberto).

    Zlatan was maybe the best Cf in the world, yet some other players who are 70-80% of him, could be a better fit here.

    So, you don't need a player who is as good as Neymar or Suarez.
    About a LW, even Pedro currently wouldn't be a downgrade from Neymar.
    Neymar as an individual is a better player. A current Barca with Pedro would be better, or in the worst case, equally as poor as Neymar's Barca.

    Further, we had Ronaldo the Brasilian in 1997 here.
    He scored 34 goals in 37 matches.
    We were 2nd, behind Real Mardid.
    Top scorers in La liga were: Ronaldo first, and the 2nd best guy scored 25 goals.
    Luis enrique scored 17 goals, all other guys in Barca 13 or less.

    So, back then it seemed: omg, if we'll sell Ronaldo, we will be 50% weaker than today.
    Well, let's see what happened:
    = in the next year, we bought different players in attackers Rivaldo and Sonny Anderson, and sold the best player R9.
    Rivaldo scored "only" 19 (top La liga scorer Vieri scored 24).
    Lucho scored 18.
    Barca won a title without Ronaldo R9, with 9 points advantage on top.

    A year after that we won another title with +11 points advantage.
    Rivaldo scored 24, Kluivert only 15, Cocu 12 and Lucho 11.

    So, we traded an individual player who was scoring like crazy and bought different, weaker players.
    But a team started to play differently and more players started to score goals and we didn't rely on an individual effort anymore.

    So, in our current case, we shouldn't use that logic: but every player is a downgrade from Neymar.
    Again, every player is a downgrade from a Cdm Mascherano or Cf Zlatan, and yet we played way better with different or inferior players.
    There is no reason at all to have Pedro instead of Neymar. He would never be able to pull what Neymar did vs PSG. He wont ever pull as neat combinations with Suarez and Messi as Neymar does. Hell he cant do anything else than receiving the ball on the wing and then pass it back which is why we were so god damn one dimensional and dependent on Messi to do something all the time because his partners were useless and you want that back lol. Nobody ever gave a sh!t, instead they could have 3 people on Messi. That statement of yours is making you look like a fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    If we were supposed to destroy MSN

    I would keep Messi
    Sell Suarez, sign Mbappe
    Sell Neymar, sign Dybala

    Team would look like

    ...,.............Busi.....
    .....Veratti............Roberto
    ................Messi
    .......Dybala.........Mbappe




    BUT we are keeping MSN
    So all this is irrelevant
    Yeah hopefully. As if it wasnt enough with signing sh!t midfielders for tons of money. Now we should also sell a superior player (Neymar) to get a inferior player (Dybala). Sweet Jesus...

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tanzania
    Posts
    6,228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guaje View Post
    or 3: They have no support at all which makes their work much harder to do. That problem is easy to see. Why is Neymar collecting the ball in midfield area when he should be near to opponents box waiting to either get the ball or to make a run? Why does Messi have to drop so damn deep? Yeah thats right, there is nobody on the field except n declining Iniesta to bring the ball up or attempt to make a killer pass. Suarez is left all alone isolated with no service at all. The core problem is not the MSN trio, it is the subpar midfield.



    There is no reason at all to have Pedro instead of Neymar. He would never be able to pull what Neymar did vs PSG. He wont ever pull as neat combinations with Suarez and Messi as Neymar does. Hell he cant do anything else than receiving the ball on the wing and then pass it back which is why we were so god damn one dimensional and dependent on Messi to do something all the time because his partners were useless and you want that back lol. Nobody ever gave a sh!t, instead they could have 3 people on Messi. That statement of yours is making you look like a fool.



    Yeah hopefully. As if it wasnt enough with signing sh!t midfielders for tons of money. Now we should also sell a superior player (Neymar) to get a inferior player (Dybala). Sweet Jesus...
    You missed the point
    The question implies we are in financial deficit and we can't improve squad unless we disband MSN

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    You missed the point
    The question implies we are in financial deficit and we can't improve squad unless we disband MSN
    We wouldnt be bale to buy all of Mbappe, Dybala and Veratti even if we did.

    And it is fully possible to improve the squad. 1st off, dont buy sh!t players like Gomes, Arda and Vermaelen. The damage is already done though, so we should cut or losses and sell these scrubs 1st. Their fees combined could land a CM. 2nd off sell ALL of our loaned out players. Then we have our summer transferbudget. And also, arent there a bunch of new sponsor deals kicking in?

    But yeah, as if Gomes is getting sold after just one season...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,637
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guaje View Post
    or 3: They have no support at all which makes their work much harder to do. That problem is easy to see. Why is Neymar collecting the ball in midfield area when he should be near to opponents box waiting to either get the ball or to make a run? Why does Messi have to drop so damn deep? Yeah thats right, there is nobody on the field except n declining Iniesta to bring the ball up or attempt to make a killer pass.
    Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
    That's just his new style.

    About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
    It works both ways:
    Pedro would have scored more goals.
    Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
    Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
    With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

    Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

    Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.

  11. #11
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,378
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
    That's just his new style.

    About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
    It works both ways:
    Pedro would have scored more goals.
    Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
    Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
    With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

    Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

    Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.
    Pedro might have scored more goals yes, but we don't know. I mean, Pedro had 5 goals in 2011/12 in the league and 13 in 2010/11 in our absolute best team ever. It's debatable at best.

    He wouldn't have missed the sitter since he wouldn't have created that chance in the first place, if you're finished trying to change the narrative then perhaps you'll remember that he missed the sitter he created all by himself. Does that mean it's okay he missed? Hell no, but Pedro wouldn't have created that chance in the first place. If it was a chance Messi created and he missed then you have a point, but it wasn't.

    Pedro wouldn't have been sent off, he's disciplined.

    That makes no sense whatsoever. Neymar isn't the one who signs our players or plays in the midfield How is Pedro going to create a "connection" between the attack and the midfield?

    As usual you're being incredibly unreasonable by trying to paint all our misgivings and bad play, bad management, bad board decisions on a single player since you hate him so much that you would love to see him fail as you admitted.
    Last edited by DonAK; 3rd May 2017 at 09:29 PM.

  12. #12
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
    That's just his new style.

    About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
    It works both ways:
    Pedro would have scored more goals.
    Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
    Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
    With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

    Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

    Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.
    He wasnt positioned in the midfield as often in the treble season. He was making lots and lots of more runs into space than he is now.

    We can keep spinning on this forever. Pedro scored 11 goals on 50 appearances back in 14/15. Oh damn, he is so good.
    edit: Pedro best season in amount of goals = 23. Neymar = 39. How come if Pedro is so much better on scoring? He had service from the best midfield trio in the world in their prime. Neymar has freakin Rakitic, Gomes and an againg Iniesta.

    Pedro might score a couple of more goals, but in return you get a player that the only thing he can do on the wings is to pass the ball back. He gets no attention from opponent defenders = more people to mark Messi and Suarez. We have already been there - we were extremely dependent on Messi and the only thing the other team needed to do was to shut him out and we were done.

    Pedro might have not missed that chance, but he 100% wouldnt even have gotten in that position to score. Do you know what would have happened there? Pedro would have passed the ball back to Iniesta. So if you're gonna bring up examples, do your research first pls.

    Pedro wouldnt have gotten red carded, agreed on that.

    How do you know that? How would Pedro connect the midfield with attack lol? Explain that please. And with Pedro the amazing comeback never happens. And how is Neymar causing that problem? He is the one actually solving it as he drops down in order to bring the ball forward. With Pedro that doesnt happen either. But that shouldnt be necessary though, but it is what it is, we have a sh!t midfield.

    As does Pedro. He brings nothing of use and we suffered from it when we were depending on Messi to do everything by himself, with Neymar he doesnt have to.

    What if game works both ways yeah, only thing is you have to bring extreme examples to fit your narrative. We can keep spinning on it forever.
    Last edited by El Guaje; 4th May 2017 at 01:13 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi - No chance.

    Neymar and Suarez I would be more open to. Assuming that we get world class reinforcements in the areas that we need.
    Puyol #5

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would be willing to part with suarez if we are able to get a striker in the mold of villa. suarez is undoubtedly a great striker, but in tight areas, his hold up play and passing break down so many of our attacks.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    El Barcelona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez yes! But only for a player with the likes of Verratti.