Icarium

Lifestealer
La Liga Round 36

20462440.png
-
38249363.png

La Liga | Match day 36
06/05/2017 | 17:30 CET

Villarreal are almost out of top 4 race, but they are still at risk of losing the 5th place. They will fight for this match to avoid a playoff into Europa League. But playing at home will give barca the advantage, with messi in form we are going as favorites.

P.S: This is my first match day thread, i really hope we win.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:cheers:

Villarreal are one of my favorite teams. They have been good this season but lost some strange matches too.

Don't be surprised if they challenge us for possession, particularly if Iniesta is still out.

Altomonte

Messi needs to respond to Ronaldo's hat trick, but Villarreal has one of the best defenses. Should be an entertaining match. Even without Iniesta we should be able to win.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't expect much from the Real Granada match obviously, so winning this match keeping the pressure is an absolute necessity.

GetIn

Messi needs to respond to Ronaldo's hat trick, but Villarreal has one of the best defenses. Should be an entertaining match. Even without Iniesta we should be able to win.

I doubt Messi even cares about Ronaldo, its more like Messi lives in Ronaldo's head 24/7 rent free. Anyways Messi could score 6 here and it still wouldn't get even a fraction of the coverage the CR7 hat-trick got and deservedly so, no matter how you want to spin it, it was 3 goals in the CL semis.

Just hoping that we can win out the rest of the way to keep Madrid under pressure. I don't think I could take it if ended up losing the title due to dropping points in the final games here.

Rory

Hopefully Villarreal won't turn up like Atletico last night. Real always manage to catch teams on an off day, or the linesman on an off day.

raskolnikov

I am going to be at this match! First live Barca match since that title game against Atletico, first time watching msn live :)
Also got a combination bet going where I will bank €500 if Barca win with two goals difference making this weekend trip to my favourite city in Europe free of charge if lucky:)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd start Denis instead of Gomes.

[formation=barca,6]
Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mascherano-0-0
Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Denis-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi,c-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar