Jean Michaël Seri

ini4ever

But football evolved for 10 years since then and midfielders need more physique than before.

They don't, dude stop with this nonsense being strong, tall, etc. Modric, Kroos, Kovacic, Isco, they're all playing well against opponents and especially tough teams ( e.g Atletico Madrid, mind you Real k.o Atletico every year in CL unlike us and Real's midfield dominate the game easily. ) don't tell me they're in need of more 'physique'.
David Silva, Mkhitaryan, Marchisio, Kante, Pjanic, they are other examples as well.

Your first part is correct tho, football indeed evolved over the recent years, but you get it wrong, in today's football era midfielders need more 'brain' to know when/how pass, press, run etc. and that's what makes a midfielder world-class player.

So, it is very questionable whether the original Xavi himself would have such an impact today compared to 2002, 2005 or 2009.

Your question is so dumb. He would, without a doubt.

gasgas

They don't, dude stop with this nonsense being strong, tall, etc. Modric, Kroos, Kovacic, Isco, they're all playing well against opponents and especially tough teams ( e.g Atletico Madrid, mind you Real k.o Atletico every year in CL unlike us and Real's midfield dominate the game easily. ) don't tell me they're in need of more 'physique'.
David Silva, Mkhitaryan, Marchisio, Kante, Pjanic, they are other examples as well.

Your first part is correct tho, football indeed evolved over the recent years, but you get it wrong, in today's football era midfielders need more 'brain' to know when/how pass, press, run etc. and that's what makes a midfielder world-class player.

Those players you mentioned have very good technique with acceptable level of physicality, work rate.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If they have made an agreement with him they should have honored it, period. I feel bad for Seri.

So we managed to piss off three different clubs and potentially three players and made ourselves a piece of laughing stock in one window. Impressive.

Yannik

If they have made an agreement with him they should have honored it, period. I feel bad for Seri.

So we managed to piss off three different clubs and potentially three players and made ourselves a piece of laughing stock in one window. Impressive.

as far as I know that "agreement" ran out on July 15th

BBZ8800

Those players you mentioned have very good technique with acceptable level of physicality, work rate.

I know but in BBZ's world, it's not enough.

Ok, let's say it this way:

Level 1: Barca's current midfielders: Technique 5/5, Pace 1-2/5, Strength 2/5, Workrate 3/5
Level 2: RM's midfielders: Technique 5/5, Pace 5/5, Strength 3/5 (still stronger than Xavi-Iniesta-Busi), Workrate 5/5
Level 3: My pick: Technique 5/5, Pace 4/5 (slightly lowered), Strength 4/5 (upgraded), Workrate 5/5

So, it is NOT only about strength.
Our midfielders are slow as turtles, extremely weak, they can't press, they struggle in defense.

Prime Xavi and Iniesta were good in passing, technique, workrate.
They struggled somewhat in Pace and Strength.
But again, they played in golden era with Messi and all weaknesses could have been neutralized by Messi and by Xavi-Iniesta-Busi.

Just remove Messi from those maths and it is questionable how much would have Barca ruled the world.
The same as Spain, we would have won some CLs, but we would be nowhere near Messi's Barca.

Now, my point is:
Xavi and Iniesta were weak in physique, but we managed to win due to ALL of them playing together, Xavi-Iniesta-Busi+Messi.
Since Messi will happen never again, THAT MEANS that the same type of a player like Xavi will struggle MORE in the future than in Messi's era.
1st, we won't have Messi
2nd, football has evolved and became more physical

So, a player with equal skills as Xavi will be less efficient in 2018 than in 2006 and 2009.
And then, since NO ONE can be like Xavi, that means that Xavi's type of midfielders (or, his weaker copies) will be quite average in today's football and in Barca AFTER Messi.
You see, I am not a fan of Gomes or Paulinho.
But I am also NOT a fan of physically weak turtles in 2017/18 (shadows/bad copies of Xavi-Iniesta).

Isco, Modric, Kovacic?
All of them are technically GOOD enough.
All of them are very fast (except Modric, but he is still faster than our guys).
All of them are physically stronger in duels than Rafinha, Iniesta, Busi and Seri.
Workrate and movement, a few levels above us.

As I see that this talk offends some of our fans, then instead of saying: Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't work anymore, I will say: weaker copies of Xavi and Iniesta CAN'T be competitive anymore in 2018, if their technique and decisions/control is weaker than Xavi/Iniesta and if their physique is equally as poor as of those geniuses.

So, our choice shouldn't be: either Paulinho or Seri.
None of them is perfect.
Paulinho is strong and not creative.
Seri is a good passer who can't run and defend.

On the other hand, one more time, Isco, Kovacic, Modric and other guys...
They have both technique and physique :sherlock:

Last edited:

Lutece FC

Fuck Nice and all the other clubs milking us for money.

La Masia is the way to go. At least that will get the board impeached

La Masia produces a talent every decade like all academies.

Seri is good but not Barca material. If you just judge me according to the yesterday match, it's not reasonable. Napoli is one of the best team in Europe IMO. they would destroy 80% of Champions League teams. Last year Real faed great difficulties to beat them.

I don't know why nobody on this retarded barca direction tries Fabinho ...

Monaco would sell him but not to Paris even if the player wants to play for PSG. But i'm pretty sure he would be happy to play for Barca.

He is far far better than Seri more polyvalent, he can plays as 6, 8 or RB, and he is younger ...

[tw]900366094073856006[/tw]

[tw]900369340289220608[/tw]

Release clause in France have no legal power. Maybe Nice fucked Seri, but that's it. His attorneys should shown that this kind of agreement means nothing in France.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans