Jean Michaël Seri

Jombi

Of course. One of him or Gomes doomed to be well and truly fucked this season. Gomes needs to leave if Seri comes. If Roberto was really close to leave after Paulinho, he'll surely leave now if no other midfielder does...

Gomes, Arda, Rafinha and Samper should all leave. Probably Denis and Rakitic as well. But we are incapable of shifting players.

Total-Football

sign seri and go for coutinho .. Fuck the dembele deal ..i would be extreamly pleased with a midfield of : busquets - Roberto - seri - coutinho with messi and suarez at the front. with iniesa and rakitic as our back ups and we some god mysetrious plans we can make that bitch work.

khaled_a_d

Seriously, if Seri comes what does that mean for Bob? More reasons for him to leave?

Depends on who leaves. But right now at least two or 3 players need to leave. Rafinha/Arda and probably Gomes all need to be gone
Busquest/Paulinho
Rakitic/Roberto Seri/Iniesta with Denis used there when needed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they manage to get Coutinho too, then Gomes, Rafinha, Denis all have to go. In fact you could argue the case for Rakitic too.

Iniesta, Coutinho, Seri, Roberto, Busquets, Paulinho. You could arguably squeeze Rakitic in there too if you want Coutinho to play on the wings from time to time.

Paulinho signing messed it up IMO. Seri and Coutinho would have been gold along with Iniesta, Rakitic for another season, Roberto and Busquets. You could change the entire midfield trio without a huge drop in quality like last season.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Paulinho signing messed it up IMO. Seri and Coutinho would have been gold along with Iniesta, Rakitic for another season, Roberto and Busquets. You could change the entire midfield trio without a huge drop in quality like last season.

Liverpool isn't selling, they are trying to make a point in front of their fans. Probably would sell him next year for us if we are still interested (may be with cheaper price than this year) or PSG. Seri is a back up plan. Paulinho is a shit signing because he is an average player that isn't needed and we paid 40M for him but I really don't think he missed a missed anything regarding current squad unless Roberto decided to leave.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Liverpool isn't selling, they are trying to make a point in front of their fans. Probably would sell him next year for us if we are still interested (may be with cheaper price than this year) or PSG. Seri is a back up plan. Paulinho is a shit signing because he is an average player that isn't needed and we paid 40M for him but I really don't think he missed a missed anything regarding current squad unless Roberto decided to leave.

Just a hypothetical scenario.

Both Paulinho and Coutinho's agent is Kia Joorbachian.

I wonder if he promised us he'll bring Coutinho to Barca if we completed the Paulinho deal. Not saying it's shady as they're most likely clueless, but that he sold us the impression of the Coutinho signing getting easier or smoother if we brought his other client along too, which is why they jumped onto it and paid his buyout all of a sudden.

khaled_a_d

Just a hypothetical scenario.

Both Paulinho and Coutinho's agent is Kia Joorbachian.

I wonder if he promised us he'll bring Coutinho to Barca if we completed the Paulinho deal. Not saying it's shady as they're most likely clueless, but that he sold us the impression of the Coutinho signing getting easier or smoother if we brought his other client along too, which is why they jumped onto it and paid his buyout all of a sudden.

We were interested in Paulino before Coutinho IIRC, we tried to get him early in summer while we tried with Coutinho after Neymar saga. So I don't know tbh

Co0ter

Signing Paulinho was a statement by the board. They basically said "fuck you" to all the fans, declaring they will do whatever, whenever they want. Signing Paulinho destroyed any chance of signing Seri, especially since they paid 40mil for him (total LOL that they paid 40mil for another 29 year old, so bad that you just have to laugh).

Signing Seri, Coutinho and Dembele is just a pipe dream. Honestly, signing two of them would surprise me....although I'd gladly be pleasantly surprised. However, they've given us no reason to expect the best of them. Neymar was going to be a good signing no matter what, he was young and quality. They probably didn't know that or care, they just saw him as marketable and with Nike. They were lucky he turned out pretty decent for us. As far as Suarez goes, everyone knew he was World Class when we bought him, he carried LFC almost single-handedly (sp?) and everyone knew it.

Any other signing that required any sort of thought or planning into what we actually needed and where.....was fail. Rakitic was a player that we didn't need at all. He was just another player we bought and played him in a position, and with a role, that totally did not suit him....but he made the best of it and did a decent job while MSN carried the team. Fucking Paulinho would of been a better fit for the role Rakitic played that first treble year with MSN.

The board is total shit, always have been. With the money we've spent we could be the best team on the planet, by far. Real Madrid has an awesome squad and we could of been even better if we bought players where we actually needed it, only a few players, but quality players.....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we sell Denis and Rafinha, our LW and RW options are even thinner than what we currently have. Let's say we don't get Dembele, who is going to be our starting LW this season? Deulofeu? The RM game had me in serious doubt. And if he is injured and we don't have the likes or Denis and Arda, we play Digne as our LW?

How about the RW position?

Last edited:

xXKonan

Our Midfield recruitment is just awful and rage inducing.

We have been interested in Verratti for a long time now which is not surprising since he's the type of Midfielder we desperately need. But he plays for PSG who don't sell. Okay one would assume we move onto a new target who shares similar characteristics him aka Seri.

Nope we buy Paulinho, who isn't anywhere near the style of Verratti and Seri and he's just another Box to Box Midfielder. Then we target Coutinho who we consider our "Iniesta Successor" but it looks like it's not going to happen and you know who we are targeting as a different option?

None other than Seri, who is a player we should have bought after Verratti deal didn't happen instead of Paulinho. The only gif I can sum this up with.

incredulous.gif

We could have avoided buying Paulinho in the first place and got Seri the first time around after we gave up on Verratti. I mean it's great we are trying to get Seri and all but we are stuck with Paulinho when he shouldn't have been a option in the first place.

I just don't get the logic of our second backup option behind Verratti being Paulinho of all players who's skill set is nothing like his and we already are loaded with players who share the same skill set as Paulinho.

Paulinho was a shady deal. I can chalk mediocre La Liga signings like Gomes up to Robert's stupidity but not freaking Chinese league signings. I don't give a fuck what Robert or the board said on this matter, we all know that they lie all the time. It was a shady deal to line Bartomeu's pockets. It's as obvious as it was with Douglas. No one buys mediocre Chinese or Brazilian league players for sporting reasons.

I think Coutinho was the backup plan to Verratti. Seri is plan C.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Paulinho was a shady deal. I can chalk mediocre La Liga signings like Gomes up to Robert's stupidity but not freaking Chinese league signings. I don't give a fuck what Robert or the board said on this matter, we all know that they lie all the time. It was a shady deal to line Bartomeu's pockets. It's as obvious as it was with Douglas. No one buys mediocre Chinese or Brazilian league players for sporting reasons.

I think Coutinho was the backup plan to Verratti. Seri is plan C.

Some people here wouldn't agree that it was a shady deal. I remember someone pedantically arguing here back then that douglas wasn't a shady deal. :lol:

Maybe it was jamdav I am not sure.

Home of Barca Fans