Jean Michaël Seri

serghei

There's something impressive about him. The 40m. price has become normal for talented, unproven at the highest level players. Step by step, we, as a club, need to understand that, and don't back away when we hear those numbers being thrown out.

He's 25 and is named in Ligue 1's team of the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might be able to negotiate that fee down too.

Could be worth it for 30m if he's really as good as people say. Similar player to Verratti too from what I've heard, who himself is absolutely not available.

Sign him and Bernardo Silva/Coutinho and we're set. Can gradually introduce Alena to the team too and phase out The Don who is not able to play 50+ games anymore and might even retire in 1-2 seasons.

Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto, Seri and B Silva/Coutinho is a great midfield that offers tactical flexibility too. Then take into account that Iniesta and Rakitic might get replaced by Alena and another canternaro hopefully within the next 1-3 years.

Last edited:

serghei

Might be able to negotiate that fee down too.

Could be worth it for 30m if he's really as good as people say. Similar player to Verratti too from what I've heard, who himself is absolutely not available.

Sign him and Bernardo Silva/Coutinho and we're set. Can gradually introduce Alena to the team too and phase out The Don who is not able to play 50+ games anymore and might even retire in 1-2 seasons.

Iniesta, Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto, Seri and B Silva/Coutinho is a great midfield that offers tactical flexibility too. Then take into account that Iniesta and Rakitic might get replaced by Alena and another canternaro hopefully within the next 1-3 years.

Prepare to be disappointed. I know I have. None of the players who make sense from a style perspective will come. These guys only go for the safest options. It's a miracle that Umtiti happened, hoping for another is a stretch.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Have asked before but.... has anyone watched him regularly enough to form an opinion on him?

From the highlight videos not sure quite looks great in tighter situations but could be wrong.

Devils

Honestly I've never seen (or heard of) this guy, but checked out his highlight videos after so many papers were linking us to him this week.

His style of play is very impressive and looks to have the attributes that we desperately need in midfield. I understand highlight videos are misleading, but it's hard not to be impressed.

He made some interesting comments:

‘If Barça comes to sign you, you can’t say no. No way,’

‘I have supported Barça since I was a child, when I was still in my native country, in Ivory Coast. I was always a big Cule (Barcelona fan) and those who know me know it well. Then, when I moved to Portugal, I had the chance to follow their games closely.

‘He (Xavi) is the player I have always tried to look like. I can close my eyes and remember some of his games and passes with the Barcelona shirt. I always took attention to his football.’

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Like most of you I have not watched him play much but most of the people I spoke with, some Ivorian, are truly impressed with him.
He has been with Nice the last two seasons and he continues to improve. His passing is world class already, he doesn't like to dribble, values the ball a lot, his long range shooting is great, in the highlights it might seem like he takes a lot of long range shots, but that is misleading, he doesn't take many shots. He is also a very quick player.

Similar to Chelsea's Kante, he rarely makes bad tackles or gets booked.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Seri, who doesn't hide his ambitions to play for Barcelona, has always had Xavi as his idol and role model. "He is someone I looked at for a long time and analysed his game. Xavi has the ability to calm the game, not by voice but by what he does with the ball. He is thoughtful, makes simple but clever moves, and doesn't lose the ball.”

In fact, the Ivorian sees keeping the ball as his main duty on the pitch. It’s hardly surprising that he's completed 90% of his passes this season, while only PSG stars Thiago Motta and Marco Verratti have attempted more passes than Seri on average. That doesn't mean that the Nice architect is unadventurous: the midfielder is always looking to play the ball forward and is rightfully considered one of the most inventive players in Ligue 1.

Read more here

Home of Barca Fans