Jean Michaël Seri

Raketa10

Look guys whoever blocked the deal in this way is an absolute idiot. I don't know if Seri is good enough or not but it's absolutely outrageous to give up on a player after ONE game!!! You either follow the guy for some time or you don't even consider buying him at all.

A serious club for sure can't decide whether to buy a player or not based on one single game! So whoever it was, was it Robert or Segura or Valverde or all of them it's irrelevant. This is more than disgraceful. We are acting like an idiots and it's getting worse and worse.

And the worst of all is the explanation. "It's a decision of our technical stuff"??? So WTF was that technical stuff doing before we made an offer for Seri or why did we make an offer if technical stuff was not consulted before that???

It's clear that someone is lying big time here!

From my point of view only possible explanations are:

1. We didn't follow him at all so we panically made an offer and than realized after two games against Napoli that he is not what we expected to be (this is the worst of all)

2. Robert was in favor of signing him and he didn't consult with Valverde who blocked the deal after two games against Napoli (this is also disastrous since you need to consult with the manager before you make an offer)

3. With Gomes staying Roberto threatened to leave if another midfielder came. (this is the part I could actually understand from Roberto's point of view)

4. They were sure we'll sign Coutinho and we needed that money to be able to increase our offer. (if this was the case they only needed to delay the signing of Seri until it was clear Coutinho is not coming)

Last edited:

kilian

They probably lied to the president of Nice that it was a technical decision, so they don`t have to say that they underestimated the cost of Dembele and Coutinho or whatever. They didn`t realize that people will think that they are even more incompetent after that. Messing with player`s head like that is really beneath every level of normal behaviour.
This transfer window has catapulted us into probably the most cringeworthy club in Europe. This tw alone is enough to sack the whole board with a kick in their ass, let alone all the other shit they did before that.

Just leave you fucking bastards.

Barcilliant

Feel extremely bad for Seri and once again our board have demonstrated they are full of shit.

These guys are as bad as politicians. A bunch of unethical, lying snakes. Isn't there any sense of outrage in Catalonia? I sometimes wonder if the people are half asleep there or the majority support Espanyol.

Pepsbarca

I honestly don't know anything about him.

But even if he is not world class, if his profile suits us, he would be a better fit than Gomes - who is neither world class nor the kind of profile we need.

Where are all the other "controller" type of midfielders? I haven't been doing any scouting :p

And this is the problem that Barcelona have. The idiots on the board are not targeting the profile of the players that the team needs. They are worried about bringing in "World class" players instead of players that fit the correct profile for what the team needs. The team desperately needs a controller and Seri would have been a perfect fit. All you need to do is look at what Xavi said about him and that should tell you all you need to know.

5ergio_Busquets

You can't trust SPORT, but if true they should have asked Valverde before contacting the player or his club.
It was late but it was the right decision. We need a creative attacking midfielder and not another slow one who passes the ball backwards.
The fact that no other club wanted him for his relatively low price proves that he isn't good enough and it was the right decision not to sign him.

serghei

Nobody knows who ruled him out or not. Doesn't even matter at this point. We're left with this squad and if we don't have an absolute shit season the board will stay where they are. Nothing will happen with that no confidence motion.

I'd rather we start focusing more on football now and see how we can win La Liga.

mssarm

Why are we discarding the possibility that Seri was discarded due to PSG meddling. After all the player's agent and the player himself mentioned PSG meddling being the cause of the fallout. I don't think it is related to finances, we had plenty of cash and I don't think you would discard the player last second because of one game. I have no trust what Nice had to say about this because they were accused of being greedy by player's agent and he had no reason's to bash the club. I understand our board is incompetent and disastrous but that doesn't mean every fuck up is on them. I don't know if whatever is circulating in media today is true or I don't even know if we needed Seri. We need to sort out our midfield, sell couple of players before we bring someone in.

clemente

Why are we discarding the possibility that Seri was discarded due to PSG meddling. After all the player's agent and the player himself mentioned PSG meddling being the cause of the fallout. I don't think it is related to finances, we had plenty of cash and I don't think you would discard the player last second because of one game. I have no trust what Nice had to say about this because they were accused of being greedy by player's agent and he had no reason's to bash the club. I understand our board is incompetent and disastrous but that doesn't mean every fuck up is on them. I don't know if whatever is circulating in media today is true or I don't even know if we needed Seri. We need to sort out our midfield, sell couple of players before we bring someone in.

Why would PSG give a fuck about fucking us over? All the Verratti drama was bullshit because we never even bid for him, they stole our future player from us, and now they want to fuck with us over some transfer? And even if there was a reason, why would Nice even bother? They refused to sell the player to its dream club, just because some other club in France asked them to?

mssarm

Why would PSG give a fuck about fucking us over? All the Verratti drama was bullshit because we never even bid for him, they stole our future player from us, and now they want to fuck with us over some transfer? And even if there was a reason, why would Nice even bother? They refused to sell the player to its dream club, just because some other club in France asked them to?

Why would Seri's agent lie?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/24/psg-barcelona-jean-seri-fee

xXKonan

Which somebody would actually give am accurate account of what happened as this is just getting ridiculous now

-Seri's agent and Seri are pointing fingers at Nice for not honoring the 40 million agreement and Nice raised the price to 50 million and there's rumors PSG intentionally came in asking for Seri to fuck with the price.

-Nice claims we had a deal all done for 40 million but all of a sudden we backed out and Barto didn't even bother to pick up the phone after.

-Catalan press is claiming it's Valverde's fault/decision that we didn't decide to sign Seri and some outlets claiming we decided to save the 40 million we were going to spend on Seri to bid higher for the likes of Coutinho.

-Robert says Seri is a good player but we had other priorities and we just bought Paulinho or something along those lines.

in short who the fuck knows who's right. the whole thing is a mess.

Home of Barca Fans