Jean Michaël Seri

xXKonan

I think there's more to this than Valverde turning him down.

I'm guessing there's some truth to Nice trying to pump up the price and we weren't willing to play ball.

or these guys are trying to use Valverde as an excuse to end interest so they can use the money and to bid more on fucking Coutinho. Which wouldn't even be shocking in the slightest at all.

blaugrana1987

I'm guessing there's some truth to Nice trying to pump up the price and we weren't willing to play ball.

or these guys are trying to use Valverde as an excuse to end interest so they can use the money and to bid more on fucking Coutinho. Which wouldn't even be shocking in the slightest at all.
That would be smart actually. Buying Coutinho and Dembele, while selling Rafinha, Gomes, and Arda and then fucking off would make job for next board much easier. We need WC players. Seri while good, his defending is horrid. Not only that but he really hasnt proven himself over two or more seasons.

In any case if this board actually buys the players like Dembele and Cou and then stays in power, then better no one to come.

Pepe Silvia

White handkerchief protests may have worked before, but this calls for drastic measures. Barca fans need to gather by the tens of thousands outside of camp nou in peaceful protest against this board.

Banners, flags, megaphones the whole bit. Strikes me as odd that socis have not organized anything like this yet. What are they waiting for?! There are only so many quiet lunches the players and coaches can organize. Fans need to rise up.

5ergio_Busquets

Rejected PSG or not he is still not good enough.
People who want him can you tell me what would he add to our midfield?
He is slow, bad at defending, not really creative and his ball control and agility aren't special.
We have enough midfielders who can do what he doe's, what we need is aother Xavi, a special top class midfielder.
If he was really a top class midfielder costing only 40m he would have been already gone by now, we are in the last days of the mercato and there many teams who can afford him.
Barca only showed real interest in him in the last couple of days, so don't tell me he has been waiting for Barca especially after they signed Paulinho.

Messi983

I think it's this.

But it could also be Valverde telling the board to get rid of some midfielders before buying another one. So it's not like he rejected Seri personally because he wouldn't like him but he knows we already have too many players. And maybe (but that's just speculation) he's affraid Roberto could really decide to leave if we'd get another midfielder without selling/loaning some of them before.

Whatever the reasoning behind this is if it was truly Valverde's decision to not sign Seri then I can accept that. But he should let Robert&Co. knew that before they started to negotiate and almost reached a deal with Nice and Seri if reports were true.

It's impossible to know what's really going on but I think there are just to many cooks in one kitchen and everyone of them has their own preferences. I also have a feeling everything has started to go down since Pep Segura has taken over in his new role and got more power. I think Seri was Robert's personal favourite as there were rumours a long time ago he liked him even before we signed Paulinho and he was focusing on Ligue 1 market a lot since he's here. Again, if it was Valverde's decision then I'm ok with that but if it was Segura who rejected Seri for whatever reason then I can't get behind that. I know Robert is far from perfect but just look at how he dealt with most transfers last summer when he was working alone and what's going on right now. It's like night and day. Of course some of that is depending on Neymar unexpectedly leaving and left us with 222M to spend and other clubs knowing that but I still think we'd do a lot better if Segura wouldn't be included in transfer decisions. And of course if he'd just shut up in the media and stay diplomatic instead of saying we are close to sign Dembele and Coutinho when that was clearly not the case. Maybe I'm wrong and truth is different but I don't know what exactly he's trying to do and he brought nothing but a negativity since he got promoted a month and half ago so I believe he's our biggest problem in this transfer window by far.

5ergio_Busquets

We don't want him. We don't need him. He is not good enough.
People are getting emotional and are feeling sorry for him, but this is a football club not a charity organization for dream realization.
Again his price is relatively low in this inflated market, so if he really was a barca quality midfielder you would have bids coming from every direction for him and he wouldn't be available now.

George_Costanza

We don't want him. We don't need him. He is not good enough.
People are getting emotional and are feeling sorry for him, but this is a football club not a charity organization for dream realization.
Again his price is relatively low in this inflated market, so if he really was a barca quality midfielder you would have bids coming from every direction for him and he wouldn't be available now.

Yes, how can we go from a world beater player like Paulinho to Seri?! Fans are so stupid nowadays. Paulinho is Barca quality and we are lucky to beat clubs such as Madrid, PSG, City, Bayern to sign him. I absolutely believe in Roberto Fernandez, Pep Segura and the rest of highly qualified footballing experts at Barcelona.

5ergio_Busquets

Yes, how can we go from a world beater player like Paulinho to Seri?! Fans are so stupid nowadays. Paulinho is Barca quality and we are lucky to beat clubs such as Madrid, PSG, City, Bayern to sign him. I absolutely believe in Roberto Fernandez, Pep Segura and the rest of highly qualified footballing experts at Barcelona.

Before calling someone stupid tell me how you came to the conclusion that I think Paulinho is a good player?
So for you Serri is bad = Paulinho is good? Lol

5ergio_Busquets

Yeah and can you please, now that you are smart and not one of those "stupid fans", tell us why you would like to sign Seri?
What can he add to the team, enlighten us please!

George_Costanza

Yeah and can you please, now that you are smart and not one of those "stupid fans", tell us why you would like to sign Seri?
What can he add to the team, enlighten us please!

Do you think a stupid sporting directors like Robert, Segura or fans like yourself will know better than Xavi? If Xavi thinks Seri is good enough for his position, who the fuck are you to think otherwise?

Enlightened? You are welcome!

Home of Barca Fans