Jean Michaël Seri

Messi983

-Seri's agent and Seri are pointing fingers at Nice for not honoring the 40 million agreement and Nice raised the price to 50 million and there's rumors PSG intentionally came in asking for Seri to fuck with the price.

-Nice claims we had a deal all done for 40 million but all of a sudden we backed out and Barto didn't even bother to pick up the phone after.

-Catalan press is claiming it's Valverde's fault/decision that we didn't decide to sign Seri and some outlets claiming we decided to save the 40 million we were going to spend on Seri to bid higher for the likes of Coutinho.

-Robert says Seri is a good player but we had other priorities and we just bought Paulinho or something along those lines.

in short who the fuck knows who's right. the whole thing is a mess.

I believe that Nice wanted more money after PSG has shown interest but it's also possible that Valverde rejected to buy another midfielder not named Coutinho before we'd sell/loan some of our current midfielders which we didn't do except Samper.

Birdy

The scenario that Valverde ruled him out should be ruled out.

Knowing he has much more than common football-y sense (and common sense was all that was needed to make a decision on this one), i seriously doubt Valverde would have ever decided to give the 'OK' for Paulinho and veto Seri at the same time(and the argument that he watched only the Napoli games to make his mind is quite laughable).

It seems to me that a lot of dirty stuff had been going on behind the scenes and later attempted to be covered under the carpet by pointing Valverde as the one responsible.
But, we will find out in due time. Nothing stays concealed under the sun!

springfield

The scenario that Valverde ruled him out should be ruled out.

Knowing he has much more than common football-y sense (and common sense was all that was needed to make a decision on this one), i seriously doubt Valverde would have ever decided to give the 'OK' for Paulinho and veto Seri at the same time(and the argument that he watched only the Napoli games to make his mind is quite laughable).

It seems to me that a lot of dirty stuff had been going on behind the scenes and later attempted to be covered under the carpet by pointing Valverde as the one responsible.
But, we will find out in due time. Nothing stays concealed under the sun!

Who said Valverde said yes to Paulinho instead of going for Seri? Seri was ruled out after Paulinho was signed already. They said that type of footballer is not needed now. And with all the midfielders they have, it's true. If they can't get players to leave then there is again someone extra in the squad, more money on the bench again. That can be a good reason to try with the players Valverde has already. I don't believe in signing Seri this january. I hope they do and some others still leave.

Julien

[tw]908696050180947968[/tw]

Nice. How was he yesterday in Europa league?

According to french press, great (scored 7/10 to 8/10), and named playmaker of the game.

He really had something disturbing him during the mercato (mainly our fault, duh...), now he's back, and kicking.

But it was only Zulte.

M

MessiCam

Seri starting to irritate me. His transfer to Barca failed, he should get over it... Always talking about how bad he was made to feel and now criticising Dembele for pushing his transfer through.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Seri starting to irritate me. His transfer to Barca failed, he should get over it... Always talking about how bad he was made to feel and now criticising Dembele for pushing his transfer through.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Eh, Dembele was a dick to Dortmund by cutting off all connection and basically telling them to fuck off once Barca rolled around. Not that I care or blame him for it, but objectively it wasn't ethical.

Seri also should have plenty of reason to harbor resentment about his failed transfer here. Barca were total assholes to string things along so far for a player who was keen on coming only to blow him off at the last second. Paulinho was seen as a bigger priority than Seri and if that isn't a huge red flag regarding Robert's judgement and vision for our squad then idk what is. Seri going to PSG would be another L delivered to us after the summer of L's transfer window we had to endure. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out great for them too playing next to Verratti.

Looking at our midfield now it's unsurprisingly clear in hindsight that we should've got him. He probably would've elevated our midfield by a tier singlehandedly just cause we wouldn't have to start Rakitic, nevermind the fact that he'd be well suited to thrive for us with his style/quality.

M

MessiCam

Eh, Dembele was a dick to Dortmund by cutting off all connection and basically telling them to fuck off once Barca rolled around. Not that I care or blame him for it, but objectively it wasn't ethical.

Seri also should have plenty of reason to harbor resentment about his failed transfer here. Barca were total assholes to string things along so far for a player who was keen on coming only to blow him off at the last second. Paulinho was seen as a bigger priority than Seri and if that isn't a huge red flag regarding Robert's judgement and vision for our squad then idk what is. Seri going to PSG would be another L delivered to us after the summer of L's transfer window we had to endure. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out great for them too playing next to Verratti.

Looking at our midfield now it's unsurprisingly clear in hindsight that we should've got him. He probably would've elevated our midfield by a tier singlehandedly just cause we wouldn't have to start Rakitic, nevermind the fact that he'd be well suited to thrive for us with his style/quality.

Still, it doesn't make him the authoritative when it comes to how other people handle their transfer business. He should just say it's not his business when asked. The Dembele transfer was also a little more complicated... Dembele was of the opinion that he had an agreement with the club that they would facilitate his transfer should Barcelona come knocking but they welched. If that's the case then Dortmund got what they deserved.

So what? He's not the first player it's happened to and he won't be the last... Does his failed transfer mean he can blabber off at every opportunity? I don't think he that good anyway... He can go to PSG for all I care. A level above Rakitic sure but more mediocrity in the grand scheme of things.

Home of Barca Fans