Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Real 2-3 Barca (2 goals)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Windhook

I'd say last night's performance was his best for three reasons:

1) Currently Real Madrid is considered to have their strongest squad since Galacticos days, circa 2002. And we were doomed like it's was the final days of the Rijkaard era, all over again.
2) He made a complete fool out of the best defensive midfielder in football right now, Casemiro. I'd love to see a GIF-image of that trick Messi pulled on the Brazilian.:lol:
3) His second goal in the dying seconds of the game could prove to be the turning point for our club. Just like Xavi's karate lob over Casillas back in 2004, that moment was the start of Barcelona's two year long exceptional form that won 2 La Liga and a Champions League trophy.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
This one is definitely up there for its context and the battle wounds Messi was carrying.
Team is still lacking, but he stepped up. A dribble goal and a late-late goal placed perfectly.
It probably was an emotional game for him and was out to proof something, his epic celebration is very telling.

But this performance will gain more value if we actually win La Liga.

BarcaOG

Banned
I'd say last night's performance was his best for three reasons:

1) Currently Real Madrid is considered to have their strongest squad since Galacticos days, circa 2002. And we were doomed like it's was the final days of the Rijkaard era, all over again.
2) He made a complete fool out of the best defensive midfielder in football right now, Casemiro. I'd love to see a GIF-image of that trick Messi pulled on the Brazilian.:lol:
3) His second goal in the dying seconds of the game could prove to be the turning point for our club. Just like Xavi's karate lob over Casillas back in 2004, that moment was the start of Barcelona's two year long exceptional form that won 2 La Liga and a Champions League trophy.

I agree with most of what you say here except the claim that Casemiro is the best DM. He's good, but Busi is infinitely superior. I was more impressed by how easily Messi skipped by Carvajal for the first goal and on other occasions. He also pirouetted around Kroos like three times, making him look like a fool. It was great.

Windhook

I agree with most of what you say here except the claim that Casemiro is the best DM. He's good, but Busi is infinitely superior. I was more impressed by how easily Messi skipped by Carvajal for the first goal and on other occasions. He also pirouetted around Kroos like three times, making him look like a fool. It was great.

My mistake there. I didn't mention Busi, because he is on our team. But I cannot deny Casemiro's great display this season, the opposition is really struggling to get past this guy. Well, that was the case until yesterday - Leo challenged Casemiro to a duel literally and destroyed the Brazilian:surrender:.

Total-Football

I would have added his performance in the bernabeu in 2005 just for trivia. They were scared shitless of a 18 years old Messi and he played there as if he were doing it since forever. Unbelievable

Home of Barca Fans