CL | Quarter Final - 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Juventus 0-0 (0-3 agg.)

Galning

How many goals did Juventus concede in the CL? Two? This is going to be freaking hard, especially with our current form :rolleyes:

ejuventus

Barça may obviously go through, but Juve may as well

There are two possible scenarios:

1) Barça succeeding in pressing Juve and jamming us in our midfield, scoring some goals and putting qualification in real balance.
But, in 90 minutes, it's likely that Juve will score at least 1 goal , so at the end we'll have a clear victory for Barça (ex. 3-1) but Juve going through

2) Juve won't suffer that much Barça's pressure and can handle the situation almost easily, scoring a goal in the first half, making almost 1 hour of useless football...for a typical 1-1 result

Afterwards, we may also have 2 extreme opposite kinds of match:
- a Psg-like Barça's performance (with ET as option)
- a 2013 Bayern-like Juve's performance......with a clamorous win for us, like 0-2 or 1-3

So, only a particular option is favorable to Barça.
But I'm that far to consider closed the qualification contest.

And it's important the physical conditions of both teams.
Last consideration.......it seems that LE has moved to a 433 formation, with J. Alba coming back: that would be good for Barça, for both their defence and their attack. But all is still in the hands of Juve

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=9847]ejuventus[/MENTION]

Juventus will definitely be under siege for most of the game and pinned back. Difference will be in how you tackle it mentally and how successful your counter attacks will be.

ejuventus

[MENTION=9847]ejuventus[/MENTION]

Juventus will definitely be under siege for most of the game and pinned back. Difference will be in how you tackle it mentally and how successful your counter attacks will be.

obviously that's the most possible scenario, and I agree with you

but I don't exclude some pressing tactics from mr. Allegri, and, if we succeed in scoring an early goal and in taking confidence with the match, there may be a surprising match, once Barça's players get little discouraged.
It depends also by the physical conditions of both teams, and of course it's the most favourable option for us.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I really don't want us to go through this time. We simply haven't been good enough in the knockouts and for the team to be naive enough to think they can do this twice in a ROW, let alone in the same campaign, is really worrying to me. Every game has to be played like a final in the position we are in and we have not demonstrated that recently.

Besides, I actually think Juve could go all the way this season and I really wouldn't mind seeing Gigi win it this time. Just anyone but Real.

dakt

One successful counter to smash our moral and it could end up as a disaster.
We need to strike hard, make them shit their pants and loose the compass before we do.
We need that energy back, quick passes, fast recovery like we did under Pep. Force them to make mistakes as often as possible and quickly move the ball towards MSN.

We just need to play like this:

:D :D :D

We just need to teach Gomes "the Xavi ways" of football.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Both are ready to mount another comeback.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...super-motivated-for-juventus-comeback-5976574
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...goes-well-will-mount-another-comeback-5976270

Juve have chosen not to train at Camp Nou before the game and will instead take their session in Italy in the morning. Strange decision imo.

This is the only way I could ever have an ounce of hope. Messi and Neymar on their day can do ANYTHING.

Dybala might not be injured after all, I pray that he is though. One less crucial player to worry about, more incentive for Barca to push forward. Busquets' return for this game hopefully makes the difference too. His presence will improve Messi as Masche was severely lacking in distribution to Leo and Iniesta will probably benefit too as he and Busquets rely a lot on each other. Neymar needs to have his remontada motivation level back and Pique/Umtiti/Masch need to be no-nonsense tanks at the back. MATS too needs to keep his nerves steady, if we let even 1 goal in the complexion changes as the diminishing probability of scoring more than 3 goals is more grave with Juve than with PSG.

All in all, I'm a lot less hopeful this time. Moreso frustrated and conflicted that Barca, in their naivety, have let this situation happen once again. I'd sell my soul to the devil for Barca to win the CL this season but luck alone can't do the job. It's up to the team, they are the only ones who can control their destiny. Even though there's the slight remontada hype building up, my optimism is very limited. It all depends on which version of the team shows up on Wednesday because the Barca of the past 3 games WILL be eliminated for a fact. There's no way that level of disorganization is sustainable in an attempt to overturn a 0-3 deficit.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We're all suckers for Barca I guess. That's why we're all here.
But dreams do come true. Noone would have guessed Frank, Pep nor Lucho could win CL. All had dodgy starts to season and coming after disasters.
PSG come-back too was out of the blue and something we will all remember for rest of our lives. Maybe that was swansong of Lucho's Barca. But maybe Wednesday we'll yet have another great story for our kids.
We'll see soon.

Barcilliant

Both are ready to mount another comeback.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...super-motivated-for-juventus-comeback-5976574
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...goes-well-will-mount-another-comeback-5976270

Juve have chosen not to train at Camp Nou before the game and will instead take their session in Italy in the morning. Strange decision imo.

Yes, I thought it was very strange indeed. Their line of thinking is not to be psyched out and worry. Instead they'll just fly in and get straight to the job.

You'd think they'd want some time to adjust but Allegri clearly has other ideas.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That could work in our favour if they get more intimidated by the size of the stadium and atmosphere not having had time to get acclimatized to it

Best case scenario for us re: Dybala is that they rush him back and he plays injured. At least I think it is. Watch him deliver an MOTM performance while injured that puts him out for the rest of the season, handing RM the CL.

I think penalties are our best shot. No way we're putting 5 past them. Well, there's no way we're putting 3 past them either but whatever. Mats is pretty good at penalties plus Camp Nou will hopefully give us a psychological edge.

I know I already asked this in the other thread but when was the last time we had a penalty shootout in the CL?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans