Lliga | Round 32: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 3-2

GetIn

Mats

Umtiti Pique Masch

Roberto Busi Alba

Messi Iniesta

Suarez Neymar

Our biggest problem with the 3-4-3 is our empty flanks being left vulnerable to attacks as Umtiti and Masch cannot cover enough ground. The biggest problem with our 4-3-3 system was the lack of control in midfield. This tactic addresses both issues as Bob and Alba play as wing backs who can cover the flanks and can act as midfielders during attacks. It does require Alba and Bob to cover huge amounts of ground, transitioning from winger to full back at times, but I think we can rely on them to run their hearts out on the flanks more than we can count on Masch and Umtiti cover both the central and wide areas of the pitch on the defensive end. Yes it is an experiment, but thats all we've been doing for the past 3 months, experimenting.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It's either him or denis... I don't know who's worse. Gomes is bad, and denis anonymous every time he played. Both should be sold in the summer.

LW is probably Denis' best position and it is free for the next three weeks. Just try him there and see if we can build on that against Real.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dont compare Denis to that piece of shit. Denis is a very talented player with great potential if used right. Either play him as a winger or as an AM next to rakitic and busquets.

Agreed. He could turn out to be very useful squad player.

F

FlaFCB

Dont compare Denis to that piece of shit. Denis is a very talented player with great potential if used right. Either play him as a winger or as an AM next to rakitic and busquets.

Denis has played rw, and midfield many times. Always anonymous. He's as bad as Gomes. Both are not Barça level. It'd be much better to play Alena than any of those 2.

Neymessi

It's either him or denis... I don't know who's worse. Gomes is bad, and denis anonymous every time he played. Both should be sold in the summer.

At least denis hasn't had sufficient game time to prove his worth. Nowhere near gomes at least. I have no idea how gomes gets a start after this many terrible matches.

hulinat

Denis has played rw, and midfield many times. Always anonymous. He's as bad as Gomes. Both are not Barça level. It'd be much better to play Alena than any of those 2.

Hes always anonymous because he's being played next to the likes of Arda and Gomes in midfield. I dont recall ever seeing him play full 90 min as a rw, but thats not his position either.
He had a fantastic game vs Sevilla in the 1st part of the season when he got to play in Iniestas role full 90 minutes with the other starters.

F

FlaFCB

Wrong.

Wrong again.

And wrong again.

No, I'm not wrong. Denis had less chances than Gomes, but he was as unimpressive every time he played. Except when he played vs a 3rd division team. He doesn't have level to be a Barça midfielder.

The hype for mediocre players is one of the reasons for our bad squad.

F

FlaFCB

Hes always anonymous because he's being played next to the likes of Arda and Gomes in midfield. I dont recall ever seeing him play full 90 min as a rw, but thats not his position either.
He had a fantastic game vs Sevilla in the 1st part of the season when he got to play in Iniestas role full 90 minutes with the other starters.

He had a fair amount of minutes in the start of the season. People here were seeing stuff that wasn't there, like a supposed chemistry with Messi. But he's been fairly meh in every game he played. Denis is another bad signing, like all midfield signings from robert and lucho.

F

FlaFCB

its bad managament and lack of leadership that makes us suck. Everybody is being played out of position and players have no confidence. Blame the board

I do. I blame the board, lucho, robert and zubi. It's been downhill in the midfield since rosell won elections. And they have failed to fix the problems too. 1st Arda for rcm, then gomes and denis. While snubbing Kroos. Clearly shows they have no idea what to do.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I still say give some more time to Denis, his natural skill is better than Gomes anyday. And he is very hardworking.

No, I'm not wrong. Denis had less chances than Gomes, but he was as unimpressive every time he played. Except when he played vs a 3rd division team. He doesn't have level to be a Barça midfielder.

The hype for mediocre players is one of the reasons for our bad squad.

We really need to stop hyping mediocre players just because of muh La Masia.

Last edited:

gasgas

Both Denis and Gomes don't deserve to even be on our bench.

Both are average or below average at best
4.2/10 vs 4.6/10, what's the point, both are not good enough

We gotta ship them come end of the season

Home of Barca Fans