Robert Navarro

messi1995

Busquets, Puyol and Pedro are all La masia prospect. They all were signed to play for Juvenil A. Youth players from pre Benjamin to Juvenil A are all considered as La masia prospect. But anyway it doesn't matter if a player is la masia or not. If he's playing for Barca B impress, he deserve a chance and promotion.

Who have not been good enough? You can't judge someone by being not good enough after few games? Theh barely get chances mate. So Gomes and Paulinho deserve more? Samper is good enough for being Busquets backup. If Gomes and Paulinho are, then Samper is that too. Atleast Samper has all the technical ability to play for Barca. Every time I see him play he play calm and good. Every time I see Paulinho play I want to kill myself. What does Paulinho has that Samper doesn't? Samper is bad in defence, but he can improve like Pep did under Cruyff. Pep was bad in defence and was never trusted by his youth coaches. I watched Samper in Pre season and he's very talented. Ofc I demand more because as a DM it's important that you can defend. The only reason you are hating on Samper is because he didn't impress with Granada. First of Granada only plays with workhorses and they are a defensive based team. In Las Palmas he played in a system that suited him very well because of Paco jemez. he was an very important player until he got injured. They fell apart and had zero control in the midfield without Samper. Grimaldo was a very promising LB and impressed but we sold when we knew that Adriano is old and Alba needed a backup. You can say whatever you want but Benfica fans rates him highly and they couldn't believe that we sold him only for 1M. Disasterclass by Barto.

This board want a Brazilian Barca. Not against buying Brazilian players but why buy Paulinho when you have Samper? You shouldn't even buy Paulinho with Samper or not. Go and chase a technical player. And why chase Rodrygo and Vinicius? They have zero EU experience and they cost alot. When we had Mboula we chased Vinicius. People are questioned them for prefer Brazilians over La masia talents. Both Mboula and Vinicius are unproven talents, but one plays in Europa, in la masia and the other one is a random Brazilian that will cost alot. Both Vinicius and Rodrygo are now in Madrid, thank god for that.

No I'm blaming them for not caring about youth players. Roberto was nada and they were ready to sell him until Lucho stopped them. This means they didn't bother renew his contract, but had to let him stay because of Lucho. They don't care about youth players leaving too. The only thing they care about is their signings. If Paulinho doesn't play it would have been a bad image for this board for paying 40M for a player that doesn't play. Do you like a board that rates Paulinho and other workhorses over La masia talents? Seriously?

Lies. Pep played average players like Jeffren. Also players like Tello and Cuenca. Even in El clasico some of them played and got chanches and left when after many chances. Bojan played for Barca from 2007-2011 and got chances. Samper barely get chances and was even loaned out just because this board like Paulinho. Pep lined up a team with only la masia players in a UCL game while Aleña barely get called up. Valverde is also someone you can blame. But please Pep gave chances to players that wouldn't even played for 10 minutes today. If the biggest talent in our academy only played in 1-2 matches (No CL) then I doubt average youth players to play under this board. Would this board promote a 21 year old Pedro? They would look at his age and then decide to sell him because he's not 18-19.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Is Pablo Moreno also leaving? Haven't yet seen any official news.
Really sad to lose players like this. Who knows if Xavi Simons is the next?
Mboula and Navarro are the biggest loss so far..hopefully, they both succeed at Monaco.

mejji^

Very sad he is leaving, had lots of potential. Our board is in shambles but the players take their own decisions, he had a contract offer which was refused.

Porque

Beyond caring about who goes these days. They go for the money? Fine.

But if they go for the develop yet don't try one season at Barcelona B then it is usually to the players loss. Even someone like Cesc left for the benefit of his career early, and came back looking like a tampon in midfield compared to La Masia developments.

Look at Mboula, he could of had a year in La Segunda, instead he went to Monaco and got 21 minutes in the last 4 games of the season. Thats less first team action than someone like Araniz got before injured, and a worse development league than B all season.

Were not perfect, we can slot the young talents more in La Copa games and in LaLiga games.

We also have to change our game a bit too. Look at Marlon, one season at the B team, loaned to both develop and hide his flaws, and then going to be sold at an increased market value. Meanwhile if he was developing at a Barcelona level he would be back in the 25. Like Madrid done with Casemiro, Lucas, Carvajal.

That is the way forward. Anyone who goes to the no hope extortion clubs like Dortmund, Monaco, Arsenal can forget a future here unless they wind down their contracts.

Last edited:

Devils

QIQg.gif

God Serena

I don't care how talented you seem to be in the youth ranks, if you leave early like this you were probably just another player who was never gonna cut it, anyways. Making the first team is hard, but it's always looked more favorable than going to another team and inevitably falling into obscurity like every non-Grimaldo talent to leave us pre-first team has.

Messi983

Strong rumours Monaco is willing to sell Navarro and he'll return to La Liga this summer. There are three clubs interested but Bilbao is apparently the most likely destination.

Messi983

Apparently Navarro will join Sociedad today. He'll start to play for their B team under Xabi Alonso but will eventually also get first team opportunities.

So from our three "future superstars" who have left last year one is returning to a midtable La Liga team while the other two are on loans at Huesca (Sergio Gomez) and Cercle Brugge (Jordi Mboula) respectively. Not saying that they can't still make it at Dortmund (though they are always bringing younger talents and also proven players to compete with the ones they already have) or Monaco (harder now when they've changed their philosophy and started to sign more expensive and proven players instead of just talents) but so far it didn't exactly worked out as good for those kids as they were expecting when leaving. Had they stayed maybe Navarro or Mboula would be given a first team chances in our current situation instead of Fati. Or we could also loan/sell with buy-back them to better teams they'll play for this season.

Home of Barca Fans