Lliga | Round 30: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 3-0

JerseyAddict

What a great 1st half we had. ;) except Nzonzi chance they didn't stood a chance. Messi GOAT. Suarez Superman. Rakitić likeable :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So are we still keen on Sampaoli?

Not as much but I still think he's a good coach.

Nice 1st half tonight and Messi proved once again that he loves to score against Sevilla.

Btw. Ref was bad. Forgave at least 3 yellow cards for Sevilla players and punished our guys for same stuff.

Devils

Our tempo dropped 10x in the second half.

Pretty obvious the game plan second half was to just see the game out without using much energy.

Altomonte

Neymar is again showing problems with his finishing, hesitating too much. He can still learn from Messi how it's done.

BBZ8800

Sevilla really falling apart Bielsa-style in the 2nd half of the season. Think me and DonAK discussed the possibility of that happening early in the season. Not that keen on getting Sampaoli anymore, tbh.

Some coaches force their team to play 120% in the first part of the season (to "buy" the owners and fans) and then they hope that they will solve the problem of fatigue in the 2nd part of a season eventually (through momentum, mental strength and some rotations if the results in the first part of a season will be awesome).

There is a possibility that Sampaoli pushed his players at 120% too early in the season and now they are just exhausted.

Or it could be 100s of other reasons, but this happens often with some coaches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sevilla looked a bit de-motivated.
My ignorant commentator said that there could be some brewing in the locker room because Sampaoli signed for Barca already. :lol:

JerseyAddict

1st half great. 2nd I switched to Che:ManCity. Obviously Barça was saving energy.

To bad Real with 2nd team destroyed Leganes. ;(

FC B

Sevilla looked a bit de-motivated.
My ignorant commentator said that there could be some brewing in the locker room because Sampaoli signed for Barca already. :lol:

Sevilla looked really demotivated to me, they seem lost.

Neeraj

Awfully quiet in here after a big mid-week game :crbust:

Good first half, energy saving second half. Having said that, I didn't really like our defensive shape. Time and time again we were exposed 2 v 2 or 3 v 3. It's just that Sevilla were quite poor and had no real striker to take advantage. Better teams would have scored more than once last night. Umtiti had way too much ground to cover and as a result, got beat by his marker on a few occasions.

As for Messi, those 2 finishes...good god..don't think people understand just how good those finishes were, especially the second one. My stupid commentator thought it was "lucky" that it missed all the legs in between, but it was anything anything but luck. It was pure, distilled genius.

PhilS

If the midfield can continue to play like this, Barca will win out. It takes huge effort for the midfield to play as hard as they did in the first half, subs are necessary every game. Aleña seems well suited to the hyper-active midfield role, I hope to see him come in off the bench regularly for the rest of this season.

Home of Barca Fans