CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

gasgas

If we look at the squad, we should be top 4 in Europe, only Bayern and Madrid have better squads, and not necessarily better first elevens.

Altetico Madrid and Juve have worse squads than us. But Simeone and Allegri are skilled managers. I've supported Lucho a lot, but it's very clear that he is the main culprit here. This team should play better than it does.

Erm No

Sasuke85

Watching Bayern vs Real now... The two teams run like crazy. They are fighting very aggressively. Players clearly show strong desire to win. Very high intensity.

Looking back on the poor performance and the "nobody cares" attitude of Barca's players last night... they should feel ashamed about themselves.

kilian

Watching Bayern vs Real now... The two teams run like crazy. They are fighting very aggressively. Players clearly show strong desire to win. Very high intensity.

Looking back on the poor performance and the "nobody cares" attitude of Barca's players last night... they should feel ashamed about themselves.

Exactly. If they are tired of football then they should retire or go to Qatar and leave the wage budget space for new players that have the desire to win.

JerseyAddict

Why do you think they arwxtired of football? I think that half of our squad is incompetent for 1st places. They wont move out cause it is nice to be in Barça shirt and on nice payroll. It is simple as that.

Half of sqad needs to be "dumped" at all cost. Even if loosing money. Just to free the payroll budget and make room for better players.

kilian

Why do you think they arwxtired of football? I think that half of our squad is incompetent for 1st places. They wont move out cause it is nice to be in Barça shirt and on nice payroll. It is simple as that.

Half of sqad needs to be "dumped" at all cost. Even if loosing money. Just to free the payroll budget and make room for better players.

One thing that is constantly mentioned here is that our players are not motivated anymore, because they won everything multiple times. That`s why I said tired of football.

I get that someone like Iniesta can`t be motivated like a 20-year old. But he shouldn`t have a huge contract and be a starter anymore.

clemente

Rakitic and Roberto sitting on the lowest wages but running the most, someone like Mascherano or Mathieu should be ashamed playing so lazy while getting such paychecks straight to their bank

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

That's my major beef too. Lucho makes mistakes, squad is thin as our expensive subs are useless but our players are still too good to disappoint us like this do many times this season.

JerseyAddict

Yes. People tend to say that. I don't think it is possible not to be motivated to win. It is in human DNA. Specialy in profesional sports. Quicker higher stronger. Or something like that.

I think it realy goes down to not beeing able to be the no1 material.

Some never were and some are simply on the way down due aging or injuries.
Iniesta for 2nd group. He is willing but not able to be that Iniesta we are used to. Not at every match. He has manny injuries and that breaks his rythm and it becomes harder and harder to come back on WC level.

SeloBarca

It just feels like its TO much to fix.
Getting rid of the deadweight. Gomes, Denis, Arda, Paco, Mathieu, Rafinha, Vidal.
And then getting in atleast one WC CM and a talented AM. A good RW AND a good RB.
Thats a tall and expensive order we should have started working on years ago, but instead kept on trying to surf on the old players.

Devils

Well there you have it.

Over the course of 4 days we crashed and burned out of La Liga and the Cl.

Over the course of 4 days Real have one hand on the La Liga trophy and one foot in the semi-final of the Cl.

Football has been miserable for a whole entire year now.

Home of Barca Fans