CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True, people correctly call out that we are bad, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

If our players are not motivated to vindicate ourselves, I don't what to say anymore.

Devils

Our players will be motivated on a whole other level for this game, so I'm optimistic. A win would be great, but it is too much to ask for a favourable scoreline as well.

Agreed. Our motivation will be on the highest level, we will step up and show everyone that our defeat against Malaga was just a bad day. We usually step back against better teams. I'm also optimistic about the tie.

You'd think that after the greatest champions league comeback of all time or team would have been motivated to beat Deportivo. But they weren't. You'd also think that after smashing Sevilla and Madrid dropping points in the derby that we would have been motivated to beat Malaga. But again, we weren't.

It's difficult to say we will be motivated because nobody truly knows what Barca will show up. Are we going to get the Barca that smashed PSG and beat Sevilla 3-0? Or are we going to get the Barca that got humiliated by PSG, Deportivo and Malaga?

Nobody knows, which is why this season has been such a massive headache. If you could give me a button that would end the season right now, I'd probably press it at this point out of pure frustration.

F

FlaFCB

I'm going to assume for now Gomes does not start. If Gomes starts, all plans, formations, tactics, prayers, motivation, will to live, form, luck, etc. go out of the window.

Busquets suspension comes at a really bad time for us; when the lack in squad depth is really coming to the fore. The most logical option seems to be playing a 3-4-3 (a 3-5-2 in reality if you think about it) with Masch, Umtiti and Pique in defense; Bob playing DM with Don, Rakitic on either side of Messi who heads the diamond. Suarez and Neymar on the wings. The only question now is - do you play Alba on the left between Umtiti and Neymar, and hence have no right wing; or do you play Denis suarez on the right side?

Anything other than this formation/lineup is a risk, IMO. I feel Enrique will go safe and play Bob on the right side and put Mathieu in the CB position.

Again, this is in the hypothetical (and oh so jolly) universe where Gomes does not exist.

Gomes will start, as Busi's replacement. I'm pretty sure of it. Licho's nth attemp to give him confidence so he can prove he's so good.

Neymessi

You'd think that after the greatest champions league comeback of all time or team would have been motivated to beat Deportivo. But they weren't. You'd also think that after smashing Sevilla and Madrid dropping points in the derby that we would have been motivated to beat Malaga. But again, we weren't.

It's difficult to say we will be motivated because nobody truly knows what Barca will show up. Are we going to get the Barca that smashed PSG and beat Sevilla 3-0? Or are we going to get the Barca that got humiliated by PSG, Deportivo and Malaga?

Nobody knows, which is why this season has been such a massive headache. If you could give me a button that would end the season right now, I'd probably press it at this point out of pure frustration.

We were terrible some months ago no matter who we fielded or what we did.

But now after going 3-4-3 we have been way better. The defeats we have recieved after playing 3-4-3 recently have been more due to weird lineups. We would play average with or without bad lineups back then. But now we only bad when we start a bad lineup.

And if we start a sane lineup against juventus and that goes without saying means no gomes, there is a high chace we will see the barca that smashed PSG 6-1 or sevilla 3-0.

wisconsincule

Busi being out is huge. After how they looked in the first half against Sevilla I was fairly confident going into this match but Lucho goes back to the 4-3-3 and we shit the bed. Has to be 3-4-3. Not sure if I'd prefer Masch at DM or Roberto there. Its too bad Vidal is hurt. I would have played him at RW Roberto DM and masch in the back 3. If Gomes starts we lose. If Gomes does not play I'm confident we can get a favorable result. My prediction. 2-1 Neymar scoring the opener.

serghei

Bayern wouldn't have lost 4-0 in Paris, but wouldn't have scored 6 in the return leg either. On our day, when everything clicks in terms of motivation and form, we're still capable of beating anyone.

Salasciua

To be honest 95% of juventus fans are pretty convinced that barca was one of the worst pick for us (juventus)...

we have a very good defence but versus MSN if they play as they know there is NOTHING to do and we know it... as one of you said correctly juventus is a strong team but our strenght doesn't work against barca.

For example vs real madrid or atletico i would have been MUCH more confident

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest 95% of juventus fans are pretty convinced that barca was one of the worst pick for us (juventus)...

we have a very good defence but versus MSN if they play as they know there is NOTHING to do and we know it... as one of you said correctly juventus is a strong team but our strenght doesn't work against barca.

Welcome!

F

FlaFCB

Welcome! Think it's a 50-50 tie. No favorites to me.

Home of Barca Fans