CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

BarçaBarça

Our players will be motivated on a whole other level for this game, so I'm optimistic. A win would be great, but it is too much to ask for a favourable scoreline as well.

TrueCule

Agreed. Our motivation will be on the highest level, we will step up and show everyone that our defeat against Malaga was just a bad day. We usually step back against better teams. I'm also optimistic about the tie.

Neeraj

I'm going to assume for now Gomes does not start. If Gomes starts, all plans, formations, tactics, prayers, motivation, will to live, form, luck, etc. go out of the window.

Busquets suspension comes at a really bad time for us; when the lack in squad depth is really coming to the fore. The most logical option seems to be playing a 3-4-3 (a 3-5-2 in reality if you think about it) with Masch, Umtiti and Pique in defense; Bob playing DM with Don, Rakitic on either side of Messi who heads the diamond. Suarez and Neymar on the wings. The only question now is - do you play Alba on the left between Umtiti and Neymar, and hence have no right wing; or do you play Denis suarez on the right side?

Anything other than this formation/lineup is a risk, IMO. I feel Enrique will go safe and play Bob on the right side and put Mathieu in the CB position.

Again, this is in the hypothetical (and oh so jolly) universe where Gomes does not exist.

Last edited:

ejuventus

not sure if Allegri will prepare game-1 in a Psg-style (all pitch pressing) or with an attendistic tactic, with the hope of some counterbreak

I'm for the first option,
in order of which I'd put Dybala in the bench for another midfielder to line-up a 451, with A. Sandro as LW instead of Mandzukic and Asamoah as LB
The central forward, in this case, is a player that has to run a lot......and he can't do that all 90 mins. For that I'd let Dybala in the bench to make him sub around 60-65°minute.

we have to consider that Mandzukic is not very well physically, so at the moment we have only 2 strikers (just Higuain and Dybala), and we have the Serie A match on Saturday and the 2nd leg in a week.

So I'd do that.

------------- Higuain

A. Sandro -- Rincon ----Cuadrado
--------Pjanic --- Khedira

Asamoah -- Chiellini - Bonucci - D. Alves

-----------Buffon

with Rincon having the duty to start pressing in your midfield

Total-Football

Difficult to be optimistic with this team, honestly. Juventus is not an attacking inclined team but they are more than capable of scoring, however, i can already picture us going forward without a clear purpose like we usually do this season. Whatever happens, we need to snatch the away goal and go home with something at least.

MagIX

Same here, difficult to be optimistic with this team

I hope we won't enter the field tactically like amateurs

BUT FOR SURE:

Regardless of the 11 that will play, i want to see team spirit, running and fighting like lions (NO EXCEPTIONS, NO NAME IS ABOVE THE CLUB)....no excuses: they have to remember every second that they are wearing a barca shirt.

Antimadridista1

Not sure about our chances this season honnestly. The game against PSG was a great come back.
Juventus is gonna put a lot more pressure on us and I feel that Messi struggles this season in difficult away games.

If we lose, let's at least try to score a goal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No chance Juventus will put more pressure on us. PSG had more physical players and younger players at that. And there is 0 chance Barca will repeat same mistake from Paris no matters how Lucho stubborn might be.

It'll sooner turn out to be bore fest where noone will want to overcommit. Us, knowing how se fared in Paris and Juve knowing they held back Madrid 2 years ago at Bernabéu.

Neymessi

I'm going to assume for now Gomes does not start. If Gomes starts, all plans, formations, tactics, prayers, motivation, will to live, form, luck, etc. go out of the window.

Yep. Can't see us getting a good result if gomes starts. And with busquets,rafinha and arda out and us lacking options, I can see lucho maybe starting gomes.

BarcaGirl

As long as there's no Gomes/Denis/Mathieu in the starting line-up we should do good lol. Shame that Busquets is suspended :/

Home of Barca Fans