IMO

...................Mats....
Maschrano....Pique.......Umtiti.....
... ... ...... S. Roberto
......... . .Rakitic.... .....Iniesta
.... .......... ...... Messi....
Rafinha..............Suarez.... .........Neymar

GetIn

I feel alot more comfortable playing 3 at the back against a team like Juventus than one like Dortmund whom would burn us with their pace on the counter. Their team is nothing special, they're just lucky the Milan teams are going through a rough patch. Then again this team isn't all that great either and are capable of losing to any team on a given night.

ManusXavi

My feelings: Busquets loss is huge. I keep trying to find a positive only to find myself painting blaugrana over cracks.
I like the 3-4-3. I feel that Messi needs to play up front on the right instead of Rafinha (who I would shift into the midfield for this match due to the absense of Busquets). We can trust Rakitic to work hard off the ball. The key man for me is Rafinha off the ball.

serghei

My feelings: Busquets loss is huge. I keep trying to find a positive only to find myself painting blaugrana over cracks.
I like the 3-4-3. I feel that Messi needs to play up front on the right instead of Rafinha (who I would shift into the midfield for this match due to the absense of Busquets). We can trust Rakitic to work hard off the ball. The key man for me is Rafinha off the ball.

Could be a good option. Maybe Messi should move right, and we play Rakitic Iniesta Roberto Rafinha as the midfield 4. Iniesta could also play as a no 10 behind MSN in that 4 midfield. Rakitic DM, with Rafinha and Roberto on the left and right.

JamDav1982

Whats wrong with

Mats
umtiti pique alba
masch raki
rafinha iniesta
messi suarez neymar

Umtiti to play on the right of a three is a risk. Not the way they have been playing but I would rather Masch in the middle organising things and allowed more of a freer role to go try to win ball early like Luiz does at Chelsea.

Think Raki will play DM and Roberto will come into the midfield.

The way Barca is approaching the 3-4-3 is starting to feel too attacking. Chelsea have the best balance of that formation this season and play it in totally different way.

Neymessi

Umtiti to play on the right of a three is a risk. Not the way they have been playing but I would rather Masch in the middle organising things and allowed more of a freer role to go try to win ball early like Luiz does at Chelsea.

Think Raki will play DM and Roberto will come into the midfield.

The way Barca is approaching the 3-4-3 is starting to feel too attacking. Chelsea have the best balance of that formation this season and play it in totally different way.

Umtiti at RB was the only thing i felt weak in that lineup. A roberto instead of umtiti there would be fine.

Yeah I agree a 3-4-3 isn't doing many wonders and we still have holes and flaws but I don't see lucho starting with a 4-3-3 or anything. He will definitely go with 3-4-3 and all that remains to choose from is the lineup and this should pretty much be it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will be interesting to see who will play instead of Busquets in Torino. I'd vote for Roberto but then who will play on right wing?

raskolnikov

Our lack of depth and bad lucho line ups are killing la liga this season. But we are still in cl. With our 3-3-1-3 star formation we can still take a shot at cl glory.
I favour Bayern but bar then we can beat anyone and if we get by Juve 2 strong teams will be out.
I still dont trust the 3-4-3, feels like watching a heavy handed boxer with a glass jaw brawling it out.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Maybe this line-up,
[formation=barca,2]
ter Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Pique-0-0-Umtiti-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
Rakitic-0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Roberto-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Ney
[/formation]

Not ideal, of course, but we are screwed without Busi anyway...

Home of Barca Fans