Barca completes greatest comeback ever!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca manager Luis Enrique dedicated his team's historic comeback against Paris St-Germain to those who believed they could do it.
Trailing 4-0 from the first-leg of their Champions League last-16 tie with PSG, Barcelona completed one of the most astonishing comebacks in history after thrashing PSG 6-1 to win the tie 6-5 on aggregate.

JS122865520_luis-enrique-sport-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqpm_LF87kdsxei4iXV0ieHBUWJNGpIhki2QV24JbpYyI.jpg

“I would like to emphasize those who didn’t have the faith when we lost 4-0 [in the first-leg],” Enrique said. “This is dedicated to them because we are not the Harlem Globe Trotters, this is football. I do not think any of us stopped believing. The team were spectacular. We were rewarded in the end."
“This is a unique sport. Unique. I can only imagine the children coming tonight, a night they will never forget.”

It was a night no-one will forget with Lionel Messi in tears as he hugged Enrique – who has already announced he is quitting at the end of the season – at the final whistle.

Midfielder Ivan Rakitic said: "No, I cannot believe it. It was really impossible. 15-20 minutes after the game, it is crazy and unbelievable."
"The first game in Paris was hard for us, a lot of people spoke hard with our team but the reaction was special. It is history. We want to keep going on."
"We had to believe. 4-0 was hard, but it is football. We saw it in the Super Bowl, what is possible in sport. Today was crazy. This is Barcelona, the best team in the world and we want to continue our dream in the Champions League."

Gerard Pique was even more colorful: “I have lived the goal of (Andres) Iniesta (in the last minute of the Champions League semi-final) at Stamford Bridge (against Chelsea in 2009) but it does not compare to today."
"It’s one thing to score a goal in the 95th minute, three in seven minutes. One can speak of miracle. Tonight I am going to party even though I have training tomorrow... They hire many nurses in hospitals for these times because today you’re going to make love a lot.”

Team-mate Samuel Umtiti added: “I’ve never experienced anything like that. The coach asked us [before the game] if we’d already pulled off a ‘remontada’ and nearly no one said 'yes’. We did what the coach wanted.”

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's build on this great comeback and shut those haters up by playing well and beating them convincingly.

:barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans