CL | Round of 16 - 2nd Leg: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 (6-5 agg.)

snowy

Referee will be the german Deniz Aytekin. He was the ref for a Camp Nou game before, the 1-0 win vs APOEL.

cool, he's known as a bad ass no non-sense 197cm super strict ref in the BundesL. He's likely to protect ney, messi & don (if he plays) from bad tackles
just a few weeks ago, he booted Big Papa out of the Dortmund-Berlin game for protesting too much (warned him not to make the gesture after the 2nd time, but Papa went on for another 3. That's why they call him Big Papa :music:)
Fantasy scenario: we score 2 surprise lucky goals within the first 20 min. PSG retreats and parks the bus. We switch from 4 4 3 to 3 4 3 and start blitzing. Should they keep a high defense line, MSN can beat them with surgical passes and sprint through the gaps. Should they cram the box like sardines, we switch to dribbles and put the nails in the coffin with penalties/red cards.

[MENTION=8896]Machina[/MENTION], you're right, it's almost impossible. Dunno what the odds are on the betting scene but defo super low for a remontada. Every1 hoping for it kinda switched to fantasy trance and is aware of it but ... if it does happen, it would be One for the ages, The Win against all odds. And that just might be the kind of fire that would put our squad in Super Sayan God mode. Tell the best of the best they can't do something, and they'll wanna do it even more. Could be EPIC.

ps. folks often think I'm high even when I'm not lol

Last edited:

Machina

[MENTION=8896]Machina[/MENTION], you're right, it's almost impossible. Dunno what the odds are on the betting scene but defo super low for a remontada. Every1 hoping for it kinda switched to fantasy trance and is aware of it but ... if it does happen, it would be One for the ages, The Win against all odds. And that just might be the kind of fire that would put our squad in Super Sayan God mode. Tell the best of the best they can't do something, and they'll wanna do it even more. Could be EPIC.

That's why I said that it's better to be pleasantly surprised, rather then being disappointed. I prefer not to hope right now and if they pull it off, I'll have another 09 Chelski SF Iniesta moment.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Players should just forget about overturning the result and concentrate on playing entertaining football. That's all I am hoping for this match.

bismp

People keep mentioning the reason that striking 4 past PSG is tougher than usual because they will be prepared to not let 4 goals sink in.

In that case we also have more chances to score 4 than in any other la liga match because we have to hit 4.

That logic :/ No offense...

In regular matches(usually against weak La Liga sides),when the opponent concedes 2-3 goals,they usually collapse and start conceding more,as,at this point,they have nothing to lose.

On the other hand,PSG will be ready to defend.Even if we play really well and score 1-2 goals before halftime,even then PSG won't collapse.They will park the bus.In other words,we have to score 4-5 goals against a parked bus(IF we actually dominate the possession).Every goal will almost feel like scoring the first goal again and again.

ronniecro

i don't think there's any realistic chance in proceeding,i just hope messi will score hat trick and soothe the overall score

Neymessi

That logic :/ No offense...

In regular matches(usually against weak La Liga sides),when the opponent concedes 2-3 goals,they usually collapse and start conceding more,as,at this point,they have nothing to lose.

On the other hand,PSG will be ready to defend.Even if we play really well and score 1-2 goals before halftime,even then PSG won't collapse.They will park the bus.In other words,we have to score 4-5 goals against a parked bus(IF we actually dominate the possession).Every goal will almost feel like scoring the first goal again and again.

When the teams collapse even we lose out our steam and don't attack that much and make substitutions to rest players.

When the teams collapse even we lose out our steam and don't attack that much and make substitutions to rest players.

That depends on the mood of the team, they sometimes try to keep attacking. Also totally irrelevant to the point that was raised.
Apparently i already replied to this, so here it is again
Put differently, let's say there is a 1 in 10 chance that barca would beat PSG 4 0 or worse at home, in a one-off game. Play a hundred of those games ? About 10 4-0 victories. Ok.
Now imagine PSG is coming to defend a 4-0 win. How many of these games is barca going to win 4-0 or more ? Probably zero. It is immensely more difficult.
Last edited by TornAndFrayed; 1st March 2017 at 07:15 PM.
Why is it more difficult ? Because barça need 6 goals to get out of danger. PSG probably won't have to park the bus even if things turn sour for them, because barca can't overcommit as a single PSG goal ruins everything.

Only way to kind of hope for barça going through is to massively underestimate PSG, which is definitely the case here.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi is on fire though, players are hopeful with the new system.

And our passing game is much better at home because of a better pitch. 2-3 goals in first half is possible.

Not realistic to expect it, but we can definitely hope.

Lutece FC

Sorry but i can't imagine Paris will not score at least one goal ...

Cavani, Lucas, Draxler, Pastore even if Di Maria doesn't play. It's too much.

First of all why are we so dubious about our own team. I know it's a daunting task, against a star-studded PSG line-up. But remember, we have the world-class players too in our squad. The only thing now for us to maintain our concentration on the pitch and give it all we have. PSG are a good team, but they cannot endure 90 mins of rabid, attacking football from our guys. No matter what the result is, we have to score goals, more goals, and I believe we have the attitude. Players determination will be the key here to overcome this lead.

I don't know why I am saying this but Iniesta should be benched for the first half. He will be more effective in the second half play.

Visca el Barca!

Neymessi

That depends on the mood of the team, they sometimes try to keep attacking.

Pretty sure we don't attack with the same intensity continously if we are 3-0 up in comparison to 0-0 or 1-0

Why is it more difficult ? Because barça need 6 goals to get out of danger. PSG probably won't have to park the bus even if things turn sour for them, because barca can't overcommit as a single PSG goal ruins everything.

Why 6???? We don't need a comfortable cushion win. A comeback is tough as it is and we are clutching at straws and scoring 4 should be our aim to keep the game alive in 90 min and not concede somehow.

Only way to kind of hope for barça going through is to massively underestimate PSG, which is definitely the case here.

Not really. To be honest PSG aren't all that. They are good yeah but nowhere near special that a team like barca can not even hope for a small chance of a comeback and go all out. PSG played well at paris but we were more terrible than they were good. And we are finding form recently.

The atmosphere at camp nou will be electric as fuck. The players are definitely gonna go all out and so will the fans. Lets at least hope that we create history.

F

FlaFCB

First of all why are we so dubious about our own team. I know it's a daunting task, against a star-studded PSG line-up. But remember, we have the world-class players too in our squad. The only thing now for us to maintain our concentration on the pitch and give it all we have. PSG are a good team, but they cannot endure 90 mins of rabid, attacking football from our guys. No matter what the result is, we have to score goals, more goals, and I believe we have the attitude. Players determination will be the key here to overcome this lead.

I don't know why I am saying this but Iniesta should be benched for the first half. He will be more effective in the second half play.

Visca el Barca!

The first leg disaster is the reason for being doubtful. If we had at least one away goal, or the result was 3-0... And Psg is not a weak team. I don't know how people are still underestimating them. And our team is currently a shadow of what it once was. Goal fests vs gijon and Celta won't change that.

Barça best result ever against psg is 3-1. Or 2-0. Pulling this off would be the feat of the century, something that would be talked about forever. It's not as simple as some are painting it to be.

F

FlaFCB

Pretty sure we don't attack with the same intensity continously if we are 3-0 up in comparison to 0-0 or 1-0

Why 6???? We don't need a comfortable cushion win. A comeback is tough as it is and we are clutching at straws and scoring 4 should be our aim to keep the game alive in 90 min and not concede somehow.

Not really. To be honest PSG aren't all that. They are good yeah but nowhere near special that a team like barca can not even hope for a small chance of a comeback and go all out. PSG played well at paris but we were more terrible than they were good. And we are finding form recently.

The atmosphere at camp nou will be electric as fuck. The players are definitely gonna go all out and so will the fans. Lets at least hope that we create history.

6 is the amount of goals needed if psg score one. Psg players will also give their all. They have done enough to not be underestimated.

Home of Barca Fans