Naby Keita

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
We will bid for him and FSG have given the green light to bid £70m for him.

Keita wants to come here (Liverpool I mean!) and he want to play for Jurgen, so that isn't a problem. The problem is of course that they do not want to sell and don't need the money. So it will be an interesting one.

behindbrowneyes

Yeah, no doubt. I understand RB's position here. They have money so they are not forced to sell. Though, at some point, just like in Verratti's case, there comes a time when the player will want to move to a bigger, more successful club and football sugar daddys should accept their player's wishes and compromise somewhat. Now i don't know if Keita wants to move at this moment, but if he indeed wants this, they need to realize that humans are not catle that they can force to do whatever they want.

Still think it's fishy how 2 different clubs can have the same owner. What if they meet in Europe? They can also evade the FFP rules by the daddy swapping money from one account to another.

Sure, this can happen. Mané forced his way out of Salzburg as he didn't show up on the departure of an international away game. They sold him to Southhampton and although it was a dickmove by him and his agent, he did everything right and was probably Pool's best player this season.

Officially, Red Bull doesn't own Salzburg anymore. They are their main sponsor, but not owner. Salzburg had a deficit for the first time in 15/16. Sure, it is fishy as they shift money in the same concern from one to another, so basically players that move from Salzburg to Leipzig don't cost them anything. More or less. However, I don't think Red Bull will influence games in either way should it come to a duel. They own two F1 teams too.

behindbrowneyes

We will bid for him and FSG have given the green light to bid £70m for him.

Keita wants to come here (Liverpool I mean!) and he want to play for Jurgen, so that isn't a problem. The problem is of course that they do not want to sell and don't need the money. So it will be an interesting one.

Yeah, it is kind the same with us and Verratti. Anyway, it is more realistic that you will get Keita than we will get Verratti. Good luck, Keita is a great player.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah, it is kind the same with us and Verratti. Anyway, it is more realistic that you will get Keita than we will get Verratti. Good luck, Keita is a great player.

Indeed and I want us to conclude the deal whilst you lot are pre-occupied with getting Verratti :D I'm still thinking we probably won't get it done, but let's see :D

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lovers::lovers:

£60m plus £13.5m in add ons (based on 8 different clauses). We'll see if Leipzig accept, I think they will as Keita has told them he wants to leave and Leipzig have made him 'available' i.e. at a certain price.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

:lovers::lovers:

£60m plus £13.5m in add ons (based on 8 different clauses). We'll see if Leipzig accept, I think they will as Keita has told them he wants to leave and Leipzig have made him 'available' i.e. at a certain price.

How high do you rate the chance of Coutinho leaving you? Sport is speculating that PSG wants to sign him which could be key for us to sign Verratti. With Salah and Mané on the wings Coutinho could have a different role in the coming season.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
How high do you rate the chance of Coutinho leaving you? Sport is speculating that PSG wants to sign him which could be key for us to sign Verratti. With Salah and Mané on the wings Coutinho could have a different role in the coming season.

This summer? 5% (to Barca or Real) 0% to anyone else. He wouldn't lower his standards going into the peak of his career in the French league. Plus we're a bigger club than PSG and we don't need the money and we are in the CL qualifiers.

Summer of 2018 about 85% (if he has a successful season and world cup) to a la liga team or Bayern.

Last edited:

Messi983

I don't believe Bayern will ever pay 90M or whatever it would take to get Coutinho.

Also, never underestimate the power of money. He's a Brazilian after all. They are going to China for money, so why wouldn't Coutinho go to PSG? They also have a lot of Brazilians there already who could convince him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are we linked to him now? In any case Leipzig won't sell yeah. Gotta admit I underestimated them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like Leipzig are open to selling him now, with a possible 70m fee being mentioned.

Home of Barca Fans