President of FC Barcelona
Red+Bull+Salzburg+v+West+Brom+Friendly+Match+ZwknFcUa3gTx.jpg

Full Name: Naby Leye Keita

DOB: 10th Feb, 1995

POB: Conakry, Guinea

Height: 1.72m

Position: Central Midfielder

Current team: RB Leipzig

Bundesliga's sensation and a standout performer for Leipzig according to many people.

Might be linked to Barcelona

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170303/42483400430/naby-keita-robert-barca.html

DonAK

Anyone who's watched him regularly who can tell what kind of player he is? I've heard his passing is great and that he got pace and got good defending skills too, but would still like to hear a bit more. Even if he wasn't linked to us today, people been raving about him all season

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Worth pursuing?

Apparently PSG are interested in signing him. Wtf are they gonna do with all these midfielders

Yes, I think he is the kind of guy we should sign if Messi continues to play in the center, someone who is going to do the dirty work but also very competent in attack.

Yannik

Anyone who's watched him regularly who can tell what kind of player he is? I've heard his passing is great and that he got pace and got good defending skills too, but would still like to hear a bit more. Even if he wasn't linked to us today, people been raving about him all season

Kinda box to box, combative midfielder capable of covering mass ground but also intricate passing. I've seen people compare him to Kanté, but I think these are nothing more than presumptions built on their similar statures and energy levels. In truth, although he prides himself on interceptions, big tackles are not really Keïta's forte but he isn't shabby at them either. His offensive qualities are definitely his strong suit. He's athletic, fast, has tireless stamina, a good dribbler and passer with an eye for through balls aswell as making the runs by himself. He's one of the leagues best 3 mids this season and Leipzigs success is basically down to 1. Forsberg 2. Keïta 3. Werner in that order.

To give you an idea how he looks like, these are some highlights for his last season (strongly advice you to mute the vid). I couldn't find a more recent one on his Leipzig performances, because YouTube is taking down BuLi content, but I guess it'll do for now.

Worth pursuing?

Would be a gamble tbh. It's his first season in a top league and he is absolutely panning out, but I'd give it another year to see if he's worth a big fee because he wouldn't leave for anything below 30m€ (if even) considering that Leipzig doesn't need the money. There's no way you can make a steal here, but you might get a pretty fucking good 22yo.

DonAK

Sounds like a very promising player guys.

I'm not sure who wouldn't be a gamble though @Yannik

There's simply no midfielder we can sign who got the reputation and proven ability to make an instant impact. Everyone are bets in their own way. Only question is whether we need a midfielder like him and whether he would be a good fit. @te amo barca got a point about Messi and his posiiton staying in the middle so perhaps a high energy, good dribbling and passing midfielder like him, who is decent defensively would be a good bet?

I'd love someone with the profile of a proper CM though, but no one available. Only players like Dahoud who could be signed for that role, but he seem to be off to Dortmund to become Gundogan's proper replacement

Yannik

Sounds like a very promising player guys.

I'm not sure who wouldn't be a gamble though @Yannik

There's simply no midfielder we can sign who got the reputation and proven ability to make an instant impact. Everyone are bets in their own way. Only question is whether we need a midfielder like him and whether he would be a good fit. @te amo barca got a point about Messi and his posiiton staying in the middle so perhaps a high energy, good dribbling and passing midfielder like him, who is decent defensively would be a good bet?

I'd love someone with the profile of a proper CM though, but no one available. Only players like Dahoud who could be signed for that role, but he seem to be off to Dortmund to become Gundogan's proper replacement

Not sure if he fits Barca though. He's a good passer, but more of a direct player than a holding mid distributing possession. Consider that he tries risky plays, through balls and dribblings and will often be dispossesed in the process. It doesn't really fit the profile of other players that were previously advertized on this forum like Verratti, Gündogan, Koke or the return of Thiago. Keita is a an attacking box-to-box mid.

But who knows who the new coach is and wether he might actually want a player like Keita in his mid. Apart from the fact that Keita is not absolutely proven yet, I can still understand why there's this hype around him. He seems to be quite unique in his playstyle, can't really name some player that is similar to him. I think he just needs to work a bit on his decision making and improve his tackling just a bit more and he'd be the complete package

btw I found clips of two good goals he scored this season
vs Freiburg - https://track4.mixtape.moe/ecucpf.mp4
vs Bremen - https://track4.mixtape.moe/fnmvjk.mp4

behindbrowneyes

This guy has massive potential. As Austrian I know him well from his time in Salzburg and he dominated the league in his second year here like Mané did. >One could see with every ball contact that this guy is something special compared to Austrian league standards (which are very low tbh). Now he performs on a great level in German Bundesliga without long adaption time too, which clearly is an indicator that this guy is very good.

Good enough for Barça? Hard to tell. His pace could do wonders in our midfield.

Yannik

The best player on the pitch tonight aswell

FC Augsburg 1-1 RB Leipzig - Werner 25' (Assist by Keïta)

[gfy]UnsightlyIndelibleDaddylonglegs[/gfy]

Last edited:

DonAK

Yeah watched the game and he was very impressive and quite the elegant midfielder too.

Home of Barca Fans