Naby Keita

jamrock

Saw like 3 games with he, all I will say is that he is very tidy with the pass, compose under pressure

I like that about him

CanadianCanadian

People rate him on the reddit soccer forum and he was Bundesliga Rookie Player for the month of January if i'm not mistaken. People compare him with Toure and Kante as if they did a fusion dance. He did say his dream was to play for Barcelona

Jombi

This is encouraging. Naby Keita and Thomas Lemar are precisely the type of players we need to boost our midfield. Two of the absolute best players in Germany and France respectively, good age and they are available.

behindbrowneyes

Bundesliga stats:
25 games - 7 goals - 8 assists

Impressive figures if you take into account that Keita plays as CM in most of the games. His ability to create and score in the final third is hard to beat by any other top 5 league CM at his ~age. Even Verrati, Mário and Thiago struggle to keep up with his statistics.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
2nd most completed dribbles in the Bundesliga too

Good dribbler, good passer, fast and agile.

His first season in Germany though.

behindbrowneyes

In March they wrote that he averages 3.23 tackles, 3.29 interceptions and 10.13 recoveries per game which is very impressive too.

Sooner or later we will need to replace the Don and Keita has a skillset very similar to Andrés'. Robert should keep an eye on him before he joins an English side.

behindbrowneyes

The 1st time i saw him with Salzburg he was so shit and now one of the best Midfielders in the Bundesliga.:lol:

Da war er ja auch noch ein unerfahrener Jungspritzer. ;)

In his second year he got voted as best player in the Austrian Bundesliga. In the same season Soriano scored 32 goals.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should try to sign him this summer as he's soon going to establish himself as an elite midfielder. Might be our best option for a midfield acquisition. He's kind of like Deco IMO, style-wise.

Joint best midfielder in the Bundesliga this season along with Thiago?

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

As far as l read, Leipzig is not a selling club and wanna be an elite club. l didn't see him enough to judge, as l was more impressed with Forsberg, walking assist machine.

Richard.H

Still seems very raw to me from the few youtube highlight vids I've seen. Would only advocate for his signing if it's 25 mill or below. Anything more and it's a serious risk.

clemente

I think we are sleeping on this guy, if there is a chance to buy, then him we should go for it. He's already a big upgrade from Gomes, Rakitic, Alena etc. Would take him over Coutinho any day.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Strongly linked with Liverpool, probably going to end up moving there. I imagine we'll try dropping 120 million euros on him in about 2-3 years then. Jean Michael Seri also strongly linked with Arsenal/PSG, Barca will probably miss out there too. Foolish fixations on a player like Coutinho who will be extraordinarily expensive and isn't even the type of midfielder needed.

Home of Barca Fans