Luis Enrique quits after this season!

Naroud

I don't think the Barca is doing a very very bad season. Yes, there have been complicated weeks in the liga. But they remained well placed and now they have returned in the race for the title. Yes, they fell against Paris in CL. A cup match is not necessarily the truth of a season. They can still make a big match in the Camp and go out with the right way (or even more but it will be difficult). Anyway, I find the decision of Luis Enrique too early... And that puts an end to the pressure, I don't think it will motivate the players. In case of defeat, only the responsibility of Luis Enrique will be engaged. It's a curious choice.

Barca may have lost some 'magic' in his football. The style with a huge possession worked perfectly with monsters like Xavi and Iniesta... And they tried to absolutely keep this style (Fabregas, Rakitic,...). It's not easy to find such a complementary pair. Other giants arrived (Neymar and Suarez) but with different qualities. The game system changes weekly. The role of Messi on the ground is sometimes not very clear. And the way of playing this year is less good. Individual skills do the job but the collective works less well. That's what makes differences against teams of CL. The strength of the Barca is to reinvent itself. And maybe Luis Enrique is not in capacity to do that. This is what I conclude of his choice. Give a new breath.

Maybe Léo Jardim from Monaco. His team, less better and more younger, has the same offensive effectiveness than Barca. The show is at the rendezvous. The same game based on the pressing, but a more direct game in counter-attack (Neymar and Suarez could like that). His tactical approach (4-4-2) could give more freedom of movement to Messi in a central position, but with guys to defend in the right wing (currently that's ridiculously easy for the opponent to push into this lane when the ball is lost). To keep his system and for an easier integration, he could put in his luggage two players from Monaco with a great potential (Bernardo Silva and Fabinho). They know how to play in this tactical set. His personality is easy, he has a good relationship with all his players. It can bring freshness and prepare a new cycle. Wenger, more an accountant ya.

7ab7bad9287029e58ba93200e1679d8b.png

michelco

As an "outsider" of sorts (though I do watch most of Barcelonas games) I think the above lineup would be very exciting to watch whilst also tactically sound. Messi's lack of defensive work will not harm the team as it does when his position is RW. And TBH a player like Messi should not be confined into a system where he is required to track back and work defensively, which is essentially what he is required to do at RW though he doesn't and it gives you all sorts of defensive troubles. Messi is a player you build a system around, in order to let him have all the freedom he needs.

Home of Barca Fans