Never been to a football match, will be in Barcelona next week

kiera

So, I moved to Europe not too long ago and my mates have been gradually dragging me into the football phenomenon. I'm loving it so far; I've gotten to the point where I've been borrowing books on tactics, and generally have been finding the whole game and history and culture endlessly fascinating.

I won't lie, I don't really support any particular team yet, because I'm not entirely sure how to pick one. But what I've seen of Barcelona has been pretty incredible.

As the fates would have it, I'm in Barcelona next week for work, including for the evening of March 1 when they're playing a home game against Sporting. It looks like there are still a bunch of tickets available on the official website, and I figure, where better to watch my first ever live football game than at Camp Nou??

Again though, I'm new to all this. Given a budget of say €150, absolute max €200 for a ticket, what part of the stadium would be the best to go for? Are there any pubs nearby that people are likely to hang out at before or after the match? Any other recommendations people have?

By Wednesday I'll have spent several days in the city so I'll have plenty of time to explore Barcelona itself beforehand - just looking for some advice about how to get the most out of the experience of seeing FCB play.

kiera

Well, I bought a ticket for Wednesday night. Lateral 1 Central. Also found a bar to sit and watch the game on Sunday afternoon, which was great fun - can't wait to see them play in person!

Would still be interested in any advice anyone has about when to get there, where to get a drink before or after, etc. etc.

kiera

Thanks for the reply - much appreciate the message <3

I met a few guys at the conference today who are locals and big football fans, and told me I should get to my seat at least half an hour in advance. I want to see the players all coming out of the tunnels, apparently. This guy also told me I don't need to buy any blaugrana kit, but that I should be prepared for a life-changing experience: apparently there's nothing like ~100,000 fans living the dream of seeing their team live.

Anyway. I'm now much, much more excited than before about tomorrow :D

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans