Liga | Round 24: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-2

F

FlaFCB

I would in theory prefer that too, but we don't have enough CBs to commit to that system. One injury to one of our CBs and we're left with only three. Barca B also short on CBs.

Yeah, that too. There's more midfielders, though most are useless. I also think Gomes might start. Lucho to give him trust after the boos.

Think I'd put Iniesta as rm in your formation, with Messi centered.

xXKonan

I remember Pique saying he wanted to play three at the back more after the Leganes away game. but through out the first half of the season all of our CB's got injured one way or another at different times which probably lead to Lucho putting the 3-4-3 idea on the shelf.

Marlon couldn't play in the league and CDR during the first half of the season due to some weird shit with his transfer and add to Tarin tearing his ACL and Martinez being out for a extended amount of time Barca B ended up being short on CBs.

I guess all that is left is to try a 4-2-3-1 and hope it at least changes things around a bit.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The 4th goal is what makes this almost impossible imo. If PSG scores we need 6 goals. The tie ends when they score, or if we don't get 1 goal at least in the first half. If it's 2-0 at HT everything is possible, but I highly doubt a good team like PSG can be turned around after winning the first tie 4-0. This is not Wolfsburg we're talking about.

Hey man! I'm desperately clinging to that 1% chance right now :cry:

I don't disagree at all. I'm hoping we got one last remontada left in them:

[youtube]watch?v=3u5wACPSRgM[/youtube]

Core of the team played in this match. Granted PSG probably stronger than that AC Milan team but I just hope more than anything we show some pride out there. I don't care if we go through at this point, I just want them to show some kind of resemblance of the real players they are. If they even make it interesting, it will because of the players and ideally Messi, having the fight and fire needed to at least scare PSG. Its one of those things where we will all know how this game will go within the first 5-10 mins, its all up to desire at this point.

But at this point, they need form and hopefully the rest will at least give us a step on them physically. Hope Busi is much sharper, we really need some kind of excuse for a midfield and without him 100%, the MF battle gets even more slanted against us.

It'll be a damn shame if we piss away the work Sampaoli and Sevilla did today. They've opened up a crack in the window for us to get into the trophy room in La Liga now and between that and the heroic performance of City in the CL, if that doesn't inspire them to at least fight these next few games, nothing will this season.

At least Neymar seems up for this shit.

Honestly if we somehow manage to pull it off, we're going to get humiliated even worse in the later stages. Might as well exit with whatever dignity we have left. Unless we Chelsea/Madrid it which I'm surprisingly ok with because we're due some luck.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Granted PSG probably stronger than that AC Milan team but I just hope more than anything we show some pride out there. I don't care if we go through at this point, I just want them to show some kind of resemblance of the real players they are. If they even make it interesting, it will because of the players and ideally Messi, having the fight and fire needed to at least scare PSG. Its one of those things where we will all know how this game will go within the first 5-10 mins, its all up to desire at this point.

This, 100% agree.

Mido

There will be some tough fixture coming up :

26/02 Atletico away ; 1/03 Gijon home ; 4/03 Celta home ; 8/03 Paris home

The manager's line-up choices should be of paramount importance !

I really hope we try something different at least against Gijon.

The Atletico and Paris games will almost entirely rely on the players' mental aptitudes and the coach's insight in order to find the best line-ups according to the circumstances.

I got the feeling that Atletico are more beatable when they're taken by surprise or when you force them to make some mistakes. I would go with a Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic midfield against them but I wouldn't be surprised if, due to the massive shifts that have occured in our midfield, it could prove to be more efficient to have more of a "tear-up" with them, just like during the 1-2 away win in th Copa Del Rey so that MSN may have more space to maneuver in. Unfortunately Mascherano is injured. But I would definitely go with the "classical" midfield if Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic are in top shape.

Last edited:

TrueCule

If Iniesta, Rakitić and Buski start the match, we will win it. And if our trio MSN will be motivated and determined to win the match, I don't even have a slight doubt who will be victorious. We will be more fresh and rested since we have had a week free of matches. Atleti played CL on Tuesday which will have some sort of toll on them. I think that we can turn our whole season upwards with the win on this match. With the victory, we can deal a massive blow to Real and boost our confidence to high level. Enough high to get back on the old barca way. Victory on this match is vital for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

If Iniesta, Rakitić and Buski start the match, we will win it. And if our trio MSN will be motivated and determined to win the match, I don't even have a slight doubt who will be victorious. We will be more fresh and rested since we have had a week free of matches. Atleti played CL on Tuesday which will have some sort of toll on them. I think that we can turn our whole season upwards with the win on this match. With the victory, we can deal a massive blow to Real and boost our confidence to high level. Enough high to get back on the old barca way. Victory on this match is vital for the rest of the season.

Genuinely admire your positivity.

BarçaBarça

The points is all there matters right now, because we have no form or style to fall back on. A hard-fought ugly victory in the last 10 minutes is my highest ambitions, but some kind of fighting-reaction on the basis of RM-loss can reasonably be expected right now, imo.

Total-Football

The people who be belive in a comback vs psg are still stuck in the denial stage of grief. Against atletico we need the grace of the old gods and the new to win. Only positive is them playing mid-week.

serghei

Hey man! I'm desperately clinging to that 1% chance right now :cry:

I don't disagree at all. I'm hoping we got one last remontada left in them:

[youtube]watch?v=3u5wACPSRgM[/youtube]

Core of the team played in this match. Granted PSG probably stronger than that AC Milan team but I just hope more than anything we show some pride out there. I don't care if we go through at this point, I just want them to show some kind of resemblance of the real players they are. If they even make it interesting, it will because of the players and ideally Messi, having the fight and fire needed to at least scare PSG. Its one of those things where we will all know how this game will go within the first 5-10 mins, its all up to desire at this point.

But at this point, they need form and hopefully the rest will at least give us a step on them physically. Hope Busi is much sharper, we really need some kind of excuse for a midfield and without him 100%, the MF battle gets even more slanted against us.

It'll be a damn shame if we piss away the work Sampaoli and Sevilla did today. They've opened up a crack in the window for us to get into the trophy room in La Liga now and between that and the heroic performance of City in the CL, if that doesn't inspire them to at least fight these next few games, nothing will this season.

At least Neymar seems up for this shit.

Yea, same. I just want to see they give 100%, because bad tactics or not, that wasn't the real Barca. If we give everything we got, with 90.000+ fans on our side, and with a great start, everything is possible. I don't expect us to go through, but if there is a place where this can happen it's on Camp Nou.

Home of Barca Fans