xXKonan

B83K0817.jpg

Full name: Juan Francisco Moreno Fuertes

Date of birth: September 11, 1988

Place of birth: Madrid,Spain

Height: 1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)

Playing position: Right-Back/Winger

Current Club: Deportivo La Coruña

Born in Madrid Spain at the age of 17, he signed with Getafe's youth ranks and he also had stints with Villarreal's B team and Real Madrid Castilla making 137 appearances for the side. after leaving Castilla, he signed with Real Betis and made 34 appearences for the Los Verdiblancos he was eventually loaned to Deportivo during the 2014/15 season and made 34 appearances he was bought by Watford in the summer of 2015 and loaned back to Deportivo and since then he has been playing for Galician side.

With Vidal, out for 5 months recent rumors suggest we see Juanfran as a possible replacement RB. If we were to sign him however it would be on loan until the end of the current season.

xXKonan

Fernando Polo (MD) wrote we are studying the option to go for him because they feel like he's good going forward and decent at defending. but Polo notes it's not going to be easy trying to recruit him.

CuleLife4Life

Wow thought this was Juanfran of Atletico when I saw the name haha. I had a whole rant ready about investing younger.

That I can still use. Why can't we go for Fabinho or someone who can give us 5-8 years of their prime. This guy is already 28 and would be 29 when he joins us. This is another Verm or Mathieu situation if we go for him.

Messi983

Wow thought this was Juanfran of Atletico when I saw the name haha. I had a whole rant ready about investing younger.

That I can still use. Why can't we go for Fabinho or someone who can give us 5-8 years of their prime. This guy is already 28 and would be 29 when he joins us. This is another Verm or Mathieu situation if we go for him.

IF we'll sign Juanfran or any other RB now he'll be a short-time solution, so a loan until the end of the season as [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] mentioned above. We won't get a player like Fabinho now because Monaco can't sign a replacement.

CuleLife4Life

IF we'll sign Juanfran or any other RB now he'll be a short-time solution, so a loan until the end of the season as [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] mentioned above. We won't get a player like Fabinho now because Monaco can't sign a replacement.

Transfer window is over so we wouldn't be able to buy anyone and have them play right now. We can defintely go for Fabinho in the summer time and Monaco will have more than enough time to replace him.

xXKonan

Transfer window is over so we wouldn't be able to buy anyone and have them play right now. We can defintely go for Fabinho in the summer time and Monaco will have more than enough time to replace him.
We actually can sign a Free agent or player in the League or Segunda division if we have a player that is out for 5-6+Months and with Vidal being out for 5 months we can make a emergency signing.

Considering Roberto's performances right now I'm all for signing someone like Juanfran right now on loan until the end of the season. then we can properly find a good RB in the summer.

xXKonan

According to TV3 we have chosen Juanfran as Vidal's replacement and he has a 8 million buyout clause. But it will all depend this weekend if we still have a shot at winning the league.

Jombi

Lucky for us, there are many good long term RB options available. Nelsinho from Benfica, Almamy Toure and Sidibe from Monaco, Ricardo Pereira from Nice, Benjamin Henrichs from Leverkusen, even Fabinho from Monaco even though he now plays midfield.

xXKonan

[tw]834501533005930502[/tw]

[tw]834501950590824448[/tw]

[tw]834502307324780544[/tw]

First tweet-Juanfran and his agents went to Deportivo's sport center to analyze things.

Second tweet-One of the keys to Juanfran's arrival was if Real lost to Valencia and it allows the door to be open for Juanfran to come since we are still in the league chase.

Third Tweet-More alert than ever to the movements of Barcelona with Promoesport agency that represents Juanfran and Aleix Vidal.

Messi983

I'd only get him on loan until end of the season with a possible buy option if he'll play good, although those let's say around 6-8 games he'd get wouldn't be enough to fairly judge him. If he'd be really bad then we wouldn't buy him but if he'd play good then I'm affraid that we would just think he could be our starter next season and will stay with Juanfran and Vidal instead of going for a better option in summer.

But paying 8M or more for Juanfran now it's stupid. (There is only one possible way I'd be ok with buying him now*). I don't think we should do any longterm plans regarding RB position until we know who our coach will be. Lucho maybe likes Juanfran but what if next coach won't count on him (that's if Lucho won't stay :p). Then we'd pay 8M for a player that would play less than 10 games for us (well, we also paid 15M for Keirrison that never played a game for us so that wouldn't be the worst we've ever done, lol).

I don't have anything against Juanfran. He's a solid player and he can't be worse than Roberto but he'd need time to adapt to the team and it would probably be end of the season before that would happen. And then, real question is if Lucho would even play him against let's say RM over Roberto if we'll still have chances to win league title when El Clasico will be played. If not, then I don't know why would we even get him as he can't play in CDR final and we are out of CL (or if a miracle happen we can't register new players for CL). Just give Nili a chance when Roberto will be unavailable/rested. I won't even mention Palencia because we all know it won't happen with Lucho.

It's also possible that we are thinking about Juanfran as not only short-term solution but as a backup to whoever we'll buy in summer. That would mean that we'd sell (or with our history more likely loan Vidal). I don't like that either because I was one of the few here that liked Vidal when everyone wanted to sell him last summer and now that he finally started to be useful before his injury it would be a mistake to sell him IMO. But given the fact that he and Juanfran have the same agent Vidal must know what's going on, so at least we don't do things behind his back.

*Another thing I was thinking about is that we could possibly have new RB brought in summer (hopefully one of Monaco/Ligue 1 RBs, so no Bellerin or Cancelo for me), Juanfran and Vidal for next season with Roberto moving back to midfield. If we change system to let's say 4-2-3-1 or something similar then Vidal could be also used as RW with Messi moving to AMC. If that's our plan then I'm ok with that. It would also mean that Juanfran would have until end of this season to adapt to the team so we wouldn't have to make 2 new RBs adapting to our system next season.

JerseyAddict

Bellerini is expensive since he signed new contract with Arsenal. So they will most likely buy Juanfran not just loan him... something like, here we go, RB, check. Move on. :rolleyes:

Devils

So we want to sign this guy for 3 months? He has zero Barca or top level football experience and this is supposed to work?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we get him and he ends up being another one of Lucho's outcasts.

This is so pathetic and unfair to Deportivo too. Any other top team would just give their academy players a chance in this scenario.

Sad state of things, this.

Home of Barca Fans