Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcelona Fan

when will Xavi be ready to coach?

I hope never. It wouldn't be a pretty side seeing young and new fans in 5 or 10 years who haven't grown up with Xavi making fun of one of the biggest legends in the club's history as is happening now with Luis Enrique if Xavi doesn't succeed as a coach. Which is very likely because the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Alves generation is once in a lifetime and there is only the way down in the upcoming years.

Raketa10

Why the hell are Valverde and Eusebio even an option? I don't think they would be a good solution for us.
For me it's Sampaoli or Pocchettino. I am also not sure about Koeman he might be ok but he might also be a mistake.

Last edited:

Messi983

Eto'o has done it. Why not?

Ronaldo too in Euro final. :p

Why the hell are Valverde and Eusebio even an option? I don't think they would be a good solution for us.

Because of their connections to the club. I don't think Eusebio is a serious option anymore after his renewal with Sociedad. Valverde could be though because his contract with Athletic is expiring.

Last edited:

snowy

It's probably gonna be Sampa. He's got what it takes, he wants in & our players like him - like... a lot.

My 1st choice though, out of pure curiosity and in a spirit of adventure, would be El Loco.

j2qubxv

Dude's a mad obsessive genius. It would be a spectacle to see what a guy like him who's probably scrutinised, analysed and annotated gazillion hours of tapes - and ate them afterwards -!!! would do with our talent. He's such a stubborn maniac that our stupid board wouldn't have the balls to stand up to him. He'd probably demand a radical overhaul in the squad - and most probably with excellent results. Dude's insane but he knows his football.

http://8by8mag.com/el-loco/

but yeah there's the risk that one fine day, he might wake up & take off to Acapulco or Tahiti on a whim, never ever to come back. And we'd have to call Coach Boone as an emergency back-up. Still, could be a hell of a ride.

serghei

I would prefer Eusebio over Koeman.

His Real Sociedad team is playing well and really pushing hard for the 4th place in the Liga this season. Quite impressive.

You can't make the logical assumption that Eusebio would do great at Barcelona because of one good season at Sociedad and not much else. That would be extremely risky, and we can't really afford to go wrong with this manager.

I think Eusebio would be a mistake. Zero experience of managing top players. Do you really see him as someone who would tell MSN to do something and they will execute it? I don't. And that's exactly the manager we need. Someone who has the skill and the authority to dictate how the team plays and make our stars follow that style on a game by game basis.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can't make the logical assumption that Eusebio would do great at Barcelona because of one good season at Sociedad and not much else. That would be extremely risky, and we can't really afford to go wrong with this manager.

I think Eusebio would be a mistake. Zero experience of managing top players. Do you really see him as someone who would tell MSN to do something and they will execute it? I don't. And that's exactly the manager we need. Someone who has the skill and the authority to dictate how the team plays and make our stars follow that style on a game by game basis.

I said I would prefer him over Koeman.

DonAK

Koeman has proven more than Eusebio. And for longer.

Eusebio was in the club recently and knows the current players better than Koeman.

Koeman's experience of managing top players is limited to one season in Valencia where he had David Villa. He do however have more experience itself in coaching, but everything else you argued against Eusebio can be turned against Koeman too.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I think Eusebio's time at Barca B(at the end) put a big damper on everything when it came to him. Barca B especially at the end of his reign was just a giant mess, I was one of those ones that thought he had a lot to do with the B team's decline but in reality as I learned the problems ran deeper than just Eusebio.

He's doing very well with La Real and they're playing some impressive Football and it's pretty good to see him actually prove a lot of us wrong.

DonAK

Yes, I think I really underestimated the mess Barca B was that season. The fact that some players like Samper and Sandro has called him for a big positive influence on them even long time after he left helped change that perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans