Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mssarm

Not enough to stop his buyout clause from dropping, which could have easily been done.

He was as loyal as we could have hoped for while being logical. We had ample opportunity to play him more than he did, especially if we actually desired to keep him at the club and prevent his buyout from plummeting. He even came out and said the club did nothing to assure him things would be better next season, nor did they ask him to stay.

You are forgetting that he started the whole "I want to leave" thing while Pep was in charge and we bought Fabregas. Pep somehow convinced him stay: famous words of Pep(I have more faith in you than your own father). But I remember entire Pep season his father Mazhinho sat there with a face like he just had colonoscopy. When Thiago got injured and couldn't pay for months he just saw as perfect opportunity to enable his buy out clause and run to another club. Your original assessment that Tito somehow is guilty for trying squeeze maximum points at Thiago's playing time is not valid. Thiago had only 9 appearances less than under Guardiola because he was injured. He can tell all the stories to justify his departure instead of saying my father got greedy or I don't give a crap about Barcelona. Thiago move is on Thiago and on no one else.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At this rate I think it should be Valverde. Most experienced and arguably the best man for the job among the realistic names linked.

As for Unzue, then as I said a few pages back, he's been a part of the coaching staff under Rijkaard, Pep and now Lucho. He has surely picked up something from each of them, but appointing him right now might be a more risky move than getting Valverde, as even if we don't know how he thinks, he's a considerable influence in Lucho's tactics as you can see him on the training session pics/vids and on the sidelines. Whether that is merely implementing what Lucho wants or actually suggesting certain things, we don't know, but in worst a case we need new, fresh ideas and not a continuation of the same.

Also need to consider that if all the players want Unzue, then the question need to be raised whether that is simply because they don't want to step out of their comfort zone, and to succeed in anything whether it is football or professional life, or a hobby, you need explore new waters.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Valencia and Sevilla are interested in hiring Valverde too, and a couple of foreign clubs reportedly contacted him as well. Unzue being linked to Celta is natural considering he was Lucho's right hand during their stay in Vigo.

Valverde is not going to those teams though, so it's either Barca or a year off I guess. As for Unzue, could be Barca or somewhere else....

xXKonan

One of the things I like about Valverde, is his handling of youth players at Bilbao. He could also be a help to some of the other younger players we have in the squad like Gomes, Denis and try and help them get on the right path.

mssarm

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Valencia and Sevilla are interested in hiring Valverde too, and a couple of foreign clubs reportedly contacted him as well. Unzue being linked to Celta is natural considering he was Lucho's right hand during their stay in Vigo.

Valverde is not going to those teams though, so it's either Barca or a year off I guess. As for Unzue, could be Barca or somewhere else....

That's the thing: Velverde rejected the offer from Valencia. Celta going after Unzue -probably they know that he has no commitments with Barca. I noticed that clubs know more what's going on behind close doors than the journalists.

Not sure how I'd feel about Conte. He has a pretty lousy CL record. Though tbf he looked pretty good in the CL in 2013 until he went up against that Bayern side.

I would take him over Valverde or Unzue.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Surprised noone mentioned the Conte rumours. Alot of British media outlets reported on him being a candidate.

Because it is just a rumour mill thing, selling as many newspapers/getting as many page impressions they can get. The greatest club in Spain is after the coach of Premier League's upcoming champion.. What a headline

Barça won't sign a coach who doesn't speak Spanish and Conte's style isn't really suiting Barça's either.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sooooo it seems like the relationship between Dortmund and Tuchel is broken. For whatever reason their sports director Watzke spoke out against him, attacked him in the press etc.
There is the possibility that Tuchel will have to leave the club in summer. I mean there have never been any ties to Barca but if this guy would be available he would be the perfect option. His philosophy is juego de posicion and that is Pep school. Also like his choice of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans