Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

The safer option is sometimes the better option.

With Lucho and Tata we went with the risk route. With Valverde we know we are getting a very experienced, tactically inclined manager and players he managed hold him to a very high regard and respect.

The risk with Valverde is that he hasn't managed a top team before, but he's at least earned that opportunity after all he has done so far in his career.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Do you have any stats on how many fouls Athletic concede relative to other teams?

I'm not sure how effectively Valverde can achieve a high press with the current team. It's old and needs a major shakeup. I believe 14/15 pressing was a one-time kick in the ass kind of incident, and was helped by Suarez and Rakitic (new players) anyway. Need more youth and hunger in the team.

FYI, would never go for Sampaoli. Currently the only thing you can reliably get from his teams is to choke of exhaustion in the second half of the season.

Looking back at this, I think I agree with what I said at the beginning. The personnel is just not there for a high press. Barca got the opposite this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans