Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Ojogo is quoting Sport from that article. Sport wrote just the day before that article was published that we are close to a deal with Benfica and things are going great. Even MD doesn't write contradictory articles as quickly as Sport does. :lol:

Sorin

If Alex Sandro gonna cost 70 m € then Benfica for sure gonna keep asking for 40-45.

Not to mention Arsenal and Bellerin. Need the board to be ace to sign someone good for 25-30 m. Considering our board's crass incompetence that's highly doubtful.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Can anyone compare Semedo and Cédric Soares?
Looks like the club is also interested in the latter but I haven't watched enough matches to make opinions about him.
Also Soares seems the first choice over Semedo for the current Portuguese team.
Is it because he is actually a better player than Semedo or just coach's preference.

xXKonan

Can anyone compare Semedo and Cédric Soares?
Looks like the club is also interested in the latter but I haven't watched enough matches to make opinions about him.
Also Soares seems the first choice over Semedo for the current Portuguese team.
Is it because he is actually a better player than Semedo or just coach's preference.
Cedric is two years older than Semedo, and is much better on the defensive end right now than Semedo. But Semedo has a higher ceiling than Cedric does overall.

But Cedric isn't really bad but he doesn't have the attacking talents of Semedo and even Cancelo, but he's a much safer option than both of them at the moment.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No point signing a FB if he's not good attacking-wise.

The Modern Fullback today need to contribute effectively going forward.

xXKonan

No point signing a FB if he's not good attacking-wise.

The Modern Fullback today need to contribute effectively going forward.
Funny part was Cedric was one of the two RB options to buy in the Summer of 2015, and he would have cost only 4-5 million euros from Sporting CP, but we went with Vidal instead.

Cedric did surprise me though as a lot of people thought he was crap. But he's been very good for Portugal and Southampton.

tacticvarium

Cedric is two years older than Semedo, and is much better on the defensive end right now than Semedo. But Semedo has a higher ceiling than Cedric does overall.

But Cedric isn't really bad but he doesn't have the attacking talents of Semedo and even Cancelo, but he's a much safer option than both of them at the moment.

Oh I see. Thanks a lot for the comment!

Watch his second half vs Mexico. 1st match i watched him play plus youtube compilations. He was invisible and i am wondering whats the reason:
a) he looked like he was afraid to play
b) in last 20min he looked extremely tired
For both things, i believe the reason is the fact he is used to play in poor portugal league. He lookes good for me on yt, but now i think the difference in quality of the league is just too big for him. At least for now

Albo

Portugal doesn't really attack with fullbacks that much, they stay behind to defend. If he were to come he would struggle with the high defensive line that we are playing, but then again, he is young and can learn, 50 million euros is way too much tho.

Home of Barca Fans