Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Don't think we need to worry about him in regards to resting him. Him and Bob rotated that RB spot heavily and I'm sure Semedo can handle going a string of games.

What I'm worried more about is Valverde not giving Iniesta and Alba enough rest as those two aren't made out of steel and considering Iniesta's age he needs to be rested more often.

Xaviniesta

He needs a winger in front of him or a midfielder who is willing to go forward and support him. Otherwise he has no impact

xXKonan

Like I said in the Valverde thread, he didn't have the greatest game today but to sub him off for Vidal. :facepalm:

If Valverde wanted more impact he should have taken off Paco for Vidal instead that would have made more sense.

Neeraj

So Fraudverde will give a finished Suarez all season to fuck up every chance and play we create, to the point we may lose every title because of him, just so he can get his 'confidence' back. Yet, he gives no consistent playing time to a bright young player, and takes him off 58 minutes into a bad game.

Yup, a true blue genius this one.

xXKonan

Honestly one of the things I was looking forward to is how Valverde managed young players like he did at Bilbao but they way he has handled Semedo I'm not liking it one bit at all. Semedo started off the season looking strong and had something to work off of but instead Valverde fucked up and went overzealous with the stupid rotations at RB with him and Roberto.

Dude looks like he lost what confidence and the foundation he laid to get better because of it. Like today he didn't have a good match but Valverde again subs him off and brings on a dude who should be nowhere near the RB spot.

How the hell is that suppose to help him? I actually find it infuriating that the likes of Suarez,Pique and fucking Rakitic can get a free pass by Valverde for being flat out garbage and hindering the team while Semedo gets yanked off the field and benched every other game.

Androutsos

I was thinking he subbed him off because the game was comfortable and we have no other decent RBs available atm. No point risking injury, fatigue?

M

MessiCam

I was thinking he subbed him off because the game was comfortable and we have no other decent RBs available atm. No point risking injury, fatigue?

The game was not in the bag being only 1 goal up at the time and Semedo has had plenty of rest due to being played every other game.

Valverde just has no vision and attacking mindset whatsoever. It’s typical of a midfield team. The sooner he fucks off the better.

M

MessiCam

He was pulled because of the way he was playing. He's going to have to play better to play more.

Both he and Alba were isolated in the final third which leads to possession loss and a long trek back to defend. No player can play on his own.

Edit: Even when he was unmarked up the pitch he was largely ignored as a passing option.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Both he and Alba were isolated in the final third which leads to possession loss and a long trek back to defend. No player can play on his own.

Edit: Even when he was unmarked up the pitch he was largely ignored as a passing option.

This. He had no support whatsoever.

Plus that idiot Valverde benching him for no reason.

Home of Barca Fans