Nelson Semedo

El Gato

Villarato!
Could it perhaps be better to have Dembele on the RW and Suarez and Messi doing what they usually do with Messi playing as a RF and Suarez as LF? Alba is capable of attacking through the left flank by himself, especially with more space opened up for him. You could have Vidal as LCM to provide some steel and mobility defensively to cover up for it.

And then you fuck it up with shoving Coutinho into it. lol. Endless

Latschenkiefer

Could it perhaps be better to have Dembele on the RW and Suarez and Messi doing what they usually do with Messi playing as a RF and Suarez as LF? Alba is capable of attacking through the left flank by himself, especially with more space opened up for him. You could have Vidal as LCM to provide some steel and mobility defensively to cover up for it.
so with Vidal covering for Coutinho and Alba... wouldn't that or anything like that be an option? I know the picture is inaccurate and a bit confusing at first glance. :D

Barca.jpg

I thought we were quite bad in the Supercopa against Sevilla until we played a similar formation from minute 76 on and immediately had great goalscoring opportunities. On top we recovered the ball quickly and Messi was involved quite good. You can see Suarez getting instructions to call out for Dembele to switch sides at 75:17. Unfortunately Dembele did it right away when Sevilla was in possession, so that his side got exposed and they had a big chance to score, which is rather infuriating. After the goal the team instantly went into a valverde defence mode, but you can still see the formation.
I already tried to upload a video and failed miserably. Still feeling old because of it. Maybe it will work this time.

[youtube]8R8MTRGf7yw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

In offence I would call it a 4-2-3-1
offence.jpg

and in defence a 4-4-2.
defence.jpg

Sorry for my English!

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Valvie did look a bit suspected when the camera panned on him after Messi's goal - which was assisted by Nelson of course - it's almost as if he was caught in two minds.

xXKonan

I really don't understand why we don't move Suarez to the LF role with Messi in the Middle and Having Dembele on the right.

Suarez can still be dangerous while having Alba covering the entire flank by himself to provide the width while finally having a right side again.

soul24rage

I really don't understand why we don't move Suarez to the LF role with Messi in the Middle and Having Dembele on the right.

Suarez can still be dangerous while having Alba covering the entire flank by himself to provide the width while finally having a right side again.

I think that Suarez-Messi-Dembele would be the ideal front three, but reading Messi's interview last year of liking the false winger role more makes me think that we don't play the false 9 because of Messi's insistence on playing on the right wing.

"Yes, I even like it more like this because, like I said before, teams accumulate a lot of defenders in the middle so its easier to receive the ball on the wing and then trying to go in. It's more difficult to receive it in the middle, less time and space. On the wing I get the help of the RB too, Sergi or Nelson who overlap and make the defender more confused about who to follow and we can take advantage of those seconds of indecision."

Of course EV is going to let Messi do what he wants as he's our best player, but it's obviously hurting us tactically. Not going to happen, but EV has to convince Messi that playing in the middle is the best position for him to play for good of the team.

Horatio

You're welcome
Always preferred him over Roberto(with only exception the clasico's. Roberto knows how to handle RM players).
Whether hell turn out good enough for Barca is to be seen, but really want him to do well.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Looked alright defensively on the left. He has to deploy his attacking talent better ffs however. He has all the right tools besides the actual creative thinking on the pitch. The technique and dribbling are there, but he can't do anything with his skills.

EdmondDantes

I thought he was doing well at left back but it went a bit downhill in the second half. Interesting choice by Valverde though, he contained Navas well.

pregra

He doesn’t seem to have any fire in him. His demeanour out there is so poor, looks like he is scared as hell.

Home of Barca Fans