Nelson Semedo

Messi

There is no point in resting a player who hardly plays. On the contrary, he needs to play for two reasons. One, we are more likely to win with him on the pitch, thus building a lead and allowing us to rest key players in the crucial final stage of the season. He will need the rest later, and if we loose points now, we might not have that opportunity. Two, he is still new to the team and needs to play more games. He has been awesome so far, but agains the best teams, really knowing his teammates could mean the difference. Unless he has some small issues, that we haven't heard about, it just doesn't make sense

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

There is no point in resting a player who hardly plays. On the contrary, he needs to play for two reasons. One, we are more likely to win with him on the pitch, thus building a lead and allowing us to rest key players in the crucial final stage of the season. He will need the rest later, and if we loose points now, we might not have that opportunity. Two, he is still new to the team and needs to play more games. He has been awesome so far, but agains the best teams, really knowing his teammates could mean the difference. Unless he has some small issues, that we haven't heard about, it just doesn't make sense

EDIT: Spelling

Nice post.

Alves wasn't rested like this when he joined.

MessiTHEgoat

imo, i think EV rests him because of his workrate. dude run 10.5 km in his first match against eibar in just 60 min. and that's fucking insane.

he probably do it in every match since I see him everywhere driving the ball at full speed.

it's stupid to keep him in the bench because of a clause, even if he reached said 50m by playing 200 matches, then he deserves every punny.

the only player in our squad who can play in every match is probably messi. he run about 6-7 km per match. and that give him a lot of energy.

serghei

No excuse to not have him at least on the bench. Bad call, no matter how you look at it. Let's hope our attack will be on form.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See, we didn't miss him at all. He will be fresh for Sporting midweek and Roberto got a nice run.

Everyone wins.

God Serena

I'm sure Roberto would rather play at CM instead of RB, I'm sure Semedo would prefer to play two games in a row than rest for every away tie, and I'm sure the fans would rather never see Rakitic start again, so really... nobody wins.

Xaviniesta

Had no idea he wears earings. Alves 2.0

DKqmb5VXUAUdYng.jpg

Egert

Estonian Culé
Valverde: "Semedo didn't play away from home so far because I decided that. He will play away from home soon."

xXKonan

Only explanation I could think of.

Semedo-Tough away and and Home games.

Roberto-Weaker home games and Weaker away games.

But every away game no matter how weak the opponent is easily a banana peel game.

Messi983

Well, we haven't really play a tough away game so far.

Alaves and Girona are relegation candidates and while Getafe has started the season well I also consider them as one.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans