Nelson Semedo

Potroh

Semedo has been suspect defensively inn quite a few of his games and Roberto is far far better going forward so far.

Semedo is much faster than Roberto, much more skilled technically, is able to dribble, etc.
If Semedo were a bit luckier and scored that goal against Madrid in the 6th minute he was on the grass, would you say the same thing?

JamDav1982

Semedo is much faster than Roberto, much more skilled technically, is able to dribble, etc.
If Semedo were a bit luckier and scored that goal against Madrid in the 6th minute he was on the grass, would you say the same thing?

He is faster but has not shown to be better than Roberto technically at all. It is opposite and Roberto has been miles ahead of him technically so far.

Yes I would absolutely still say same thing had he not missed that good chance. But he did anyway.

Potroh

Roberto has done ok defensively and been far better going forward which is why he is being chosen as RB more often.

No. Roberto was mediocre in defense, which has always been compensated by his attaching and passing capabilities.
Roberto has never been better going forward, because when he does that, he does it as a midfielder, on the narrow path, closer to the midfield, whereas Semedo is capable to do that close to the line. Like Alba can also do that, but Semedo is technically a better player, so he could change many things when Dembele returns.

JamDav1982

No. Roberto was mediocre in defense, which has always been compensated by his attaching and passing capabilities.
Roberto has never been better going forward, because when he does that, he does it as a midfielder, on the narrow path, closer to the midfield, whereas Semedo is capable to do that close to the line. Like Alba can also do that, but Semedo is technically a better player, so he could change many things when Dembele returns.

No Roberto has done well in defence so far.

Roberto is in different league to Semedo going forward so far.

Semedo has shown barely anything going forward and has Barcas poorest full back in final third by a long way. Including Digne and Alba.

Potroh

He is faster but has not shown to be better than Roberto technically at all. It is opposite and Roberto has been miles ahead of him technically so far.

Okay. So you aren't able to distinguish skills.
Fine with me but this time you have at least answered a question of mine, that was not your good habit earlier...

JamDav1982

Okay. So you aren't able to distinguish skills.
Fine with me but this time you have at least answered a question of mine, that was not your good habit earlier...

I can distinguish skills fine and Roberto has been better in possession and creating chances.

Fairly easy to see.

PhilS

I can see him coming on as a sub regularly. One thing this team has been missing has been an impact sub. No such forward has been available, that's for sure. Against tired legs, superfast Semedo off the bench and tireless S. Roberto moving to midfield will produce lots of late goals.

Danic

If the match vs Madrid showed one thing then its that Roberto is way to slow for full back especially vs top teams with fast wingers. There were many situations where Roberto was just overran and Barca got lucky. Imo big mistake from Valverde and i constantly wonderd if he didnt see it and changed something...
Semedo would have been perfect for that game with his speed but I can see an argument for Roberto on that postion vs weaker teams.

Home of Barca Fans