Nelson Semedo

Riordon

Ah yes a RB only needs to give keypasses in a game. That's all that required for him. :lol:

BBZ and his stats posse his starting to get on my nerves

Offensive contribution matters. Especially when our offensive threat down the right flank is nonexistent. Has Semedo given an assist at his time her? 50 games, 0 goal involvement. That’s not good enough.

Cule4life

The Culest
Offensive contribution matters. Especially when our offensive threat down the right flank is nonexistent. Has Semedo given an assist at his time her? 50 games, 0 goal involvement. That’s not good enough.

A RBs first duty is to defend. Attack comes second. Also Roberto's attacking contribution is way overstated.

Riordon

A RBs first duty is to defend. Attack comes second. Also Roberto's attacking contribution is way overstated.

Well, we have different views on that then. For a team like ours I rather my RB is elite in attack and somewhat mediocre in defensive than otherwise. Especially when we have no attacker down the right wing with Messi being placed centrally.

Again, 50 games, 0 goal involvement. At least Roberto has given 4 assist in 12 games

Cule4life

The Culest
Well, we have different views on that then. For a team like ours I rather my RB is elite in attack and somewhat mediocre in defensive than otherwise. Especially when we have no attacker down the right wing with Messi being placed centrally.

Again, 50 games, 0 goal involvement. At least Roberto has given 4 assist in 12 games

Flip side- With Messi's lack of workrate we need a RB who can hold his own against opposition wingers especially with a defensive "stalwart" like Pique at the helm.

Our left flank with Alba is generating enough chances. It's not like we have always had two ultra attacking fullbacks. Remember Abidal or did you not start watching Barca then?

Dani Alves has spoiled us. We won't get a RB like him anytime soon. The market for RBs right now is utter shit.

What's the worse that would happen with Semedo? Our right flank would be safe but a graveyard in attack with Alba generating chances on other side. With Roberto we would have heart attacks everytime a Douglas Costa runs at him. It's not like Roberto is banging in assists game after game to offset his lack of defensive acumen.

Not to mention Ernie's system is crap for any talented RB.

Riordon

Flip side- With Messi's lack of workrate we need a RB who can hold his own against opposition wingers especially with a defensive "stalwart" like Pique at the helm.

Our left flank with Alba is generating enough chances. It's not like we have always had two ultra attacking fullbacks. Remember Abidal or did you not start watching Barca then?

Dani Alves has spoiled us. We won't get a RB like him anytime soon. The market for RBs right now is utter shit.

What's the worse that would happen with Semedo? Our right flank would be safe but a graveyard in attack with Alba generating chances on other side. With Roberto we would have heart attacks everytime a Douglas Costa runs at him. It's not like Roberto is banging in assists game after game to offset his lack of defensive acumen.

Not to mention Ernie's system is crap for any talented RB.

Our left side is generating enough chances against La Liga teams at home. Completely ignoring the right side will be easy for good teams to defend against. Look at our latest CL runs.

You can't compare Abidal to Semedo. Abidal was quality in offence.

Roberto has four assist in 12 games which is good numbers for a RB.

I know Roberto isn't ideal either but he is better than Semedo.

Cule4life

The Culest
Our left side is generating enough chances against La Liga teams at home. Completely ignoring the right side will be easy for good teams to defend against. Look at our latest CL runs.

You can't compare Abidal to Semedo. Abidal was quality in offence.

Roberto has four assist in 12 games which is good numbers for a RB.

I know Roberto isn't ideal either but he is better than Semedo.

Yeah ignoring the right side defense against wingers like Douglas Costa will cost us big time.

Abidal a God in attacking? You surely didn't watch Barca back then i guess :lol:

Do your stats tell you how crap Roberto was against Getafe with them having free cross after cross causing havoc in our box with a goal being wrongly disallowed? Yeah didn't think so.......

If defense doesn't matter why not buy Willian and convert him into a RB? :lol:

You BBZ groupies need to get a grip and wrap your head around the fact that football doesn't revolve around stats. If it did clubs would be idiots to spend so much money on scouts when they could just check whoscored for free.

Riordon

Yeah ignoring the right side defense against wingers like Douglas Costa will cost us big time.

Abidal a God in attacking? You surely didn't watch Barca back then i guess :lol:

Do your stats tell you how crap Roberto was against Getafe with them having free cross after cross causing havoc in our box with a goal being wrongly disallowed? Yeah didn't think so.......

If defense doesn't matter why not buy Willian and convert him into a RB? :lol:

You BBZ groupies need to get a grip and wrap your head around the fact that football doesn't revolve around stats. If it did clubs would be idiots to spend so much money on scouts when they could just check whoscored for free.

Stop making a joke out of yourself. I never said Abidal was a God in offence, I said he was quality. Way better than Semedo who has 0 goal/assists in 50 games.

Roberto has several good performances against Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and so on while Semedo looked completely lost against Roma. You remember the 3-0 thrashing?

And again stop making a joke out of yourself. I never said defence doesn't matter.

Cule4life

The Culest
Stop making a joke out of yourself. I never said Abidal was a God in offence, I said he was quality. Way better than Semedo who has 0 goal/assists in 50 games.

Roberto has several good performances against Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and so on while Semedo looked completely lost against Roma. You remember the 3-0 thrashing?

And again stop making a joke out of yourself. I never said defence doesn't matter.

Abidal was never that great at attacking but he had a functioning system. Does our team have one?

Does that 0 assists stat mention the great chance Semedo created yesterday which should have been a goal?

Does that 0 assist stat mention how much safer our right flank is with Semedo?

Does that 0 assist stat mention how Semedo has no one to link up on the wing and his runs are many times ignored?

I actually want us to sign a new RB if there's a good option out there but there isn't. Not until we get a new manager anyway.

Between Semedo and Roberto i would take Semedo anyday especially in tough CL games against elite wingers.

Roberto had shocking performances against most sides this season except Real Madrid but yeah let's not deal with facts shall we? :lol:

Really blaming the Roma game on Semedo? My God see a doctor about that hate boner :lol:

Riordon

Abidal was never that great at attacking but he had a functioning system. Does our team have one?

Does that 0 assists stat mention the great chance Semedo created yesterday which should have been a goal?

Does that 0 assist stat mention how much safer our right flank is with Semedo?

Does that 0 assist stat mention how Semedo has no one to link up on the wing and his runs are many times ignored?

I actually want us to sign a new RB if there's a good option out there but there isn't. Not until we get a new manager anyway.

Between Semedo and Roberto i would take Semedo anyday especially in tough CL games against elite wingers.

Roberto had shocking performances against most sides this season except Real Madrid but yeah let's not deal with facts shall we? :lol:

Really blaming the Roma game on Semedo? My God see a doctor about that hate boner :lol:

We have different views then. Lets just agree on we both think we need a new RB. And yes, there aren't many good options out there. So we have to wait. I actually have high hopes for both Wague and Morey, especially Morey but it depends on how he recover from 6-7 month injury. And if he renew.

To judge a RB I think a good indication is how good he is when playing through the middle.

Givenchy

its a sad state when Bob automatically replaces Semedo as soon as hes fit again.. this is part of the problem at Barca today, players guarenteed starting roles due to favouritism/seniors, its no wonder Pique and co are happy with EV. Bob is a useful player but hes not a fucking RB.. the fact we have 1 reliable LB and 1 actual RB is probably going to cost us in the CL.

is Semedo good enough? right now i'd say no but give the guy a chance he still has time on his side

Amiga73

When Semedo is with Dembélé Semedo is more attacking as Dembélé does not stand on the extreme wing.
When Alba is with Dembélé Alba is more attacking as Dembélé does not stand on the extreme wing.
Coutinho and Malcom both stand on the extreme wing which does not allow Alba or Semedo to attack.

Who is to blame?.
Valverde
Valverde is not an attack minded manager. Other managers would have told/trained there wingers and left/right backs to attack by now. Valverde spends most of his time picking and counting the grass than setting the team up to attack.

Last edited:

Tekkers

When Semedo is with Dembélé Semedo is more attacking as Dembélé does not stand on the extreme wing.
When Alba is with Dembélé Alba is more attacking as Dembélé does not stand on the extreme wing.
Coutinho and Malcom both stand on the extreme wing which does not allow Alba or Semedo to attack.

Who is to blame?.
Valverde
Valverde is not an attack minded manager. Other managers would have told/trained there wingers and left/right backs to attack by now. Valverde spends most of his time picking and counting the grass than setting the team up to attack.

dembele is the second most important player on this team

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This was probably Semedo's best half for us. Thank God he's finally learning to maintain defensive positioning instead of being overeager and overextending himself.

Home of Barca Fans