Nelson Semedo

ebieymjunior

Semedos manager at Barca thought Roberto was better, his manager at Portugal doesnt seem to rate him much before or after his move to Barca.

The stats say Roberto was better in defence and in a different class going forward.

The Barca players dont seem all that comfortable with Semedo.

But you can claim him better all you like as all free to an opinion.

Stats don't give a full picture, the fact that less wingers are comfortable when Semedo plays shows that

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Stats don't give a full picture, the fact that less wingers get past Semedo shows that

No the stats show Roberto has more tackles, interceptions etc and only area Semedo is better is gets dribbled less and there is not much in it.

Roberto stats going forward are on another level to him.

Opinions of Barca players and manager and also Portugal manager seem to be they are not happy with what seen from Semedo this season.

ebieymjunior

No the stats show Roberto has more tackles, interceptions etc and only area Semedo is better is gets dribbled less and there is not much in it.

Roberto stats going forward are on another level to him.

Opinions of Barca players and manager and also Portugal manager seem to be they are not happy with what seen from Semedo this season.

The more you try to get past someone, the more that person can tackle or intercept you.
Players will more likely try to get past Roberto than Semedo, so his tackles etc will be much higher, while he'd get more dribbled past. Get what I mean?
He tackles more, but still gets past more too.
That's why I said take statistics with a grain of salt.

JamDav1982

The more you try to get past someone, the more that person can tackle or intercept you.
Players will more likely try to get past Roberto than Semedo, so his tackles etc will be much higher, while he'd get more dribbled past. Get what I mean?
He tackles more, but still gets past more too.
That's why I said take statistics with a grain of salt.

Not the case as Robertos tackles/interceptions in comparison to number of times dribbled is better than Semedos.

So no that doesnt add up i am afraid.

The number of times dribbled a match would be massively against Roberto if players were targetting him so much in comparison to Semedo and it isnt.

ebieymjunior

Not the case as Robertos tackles/interceptions in comparison to number of times dribbled is better than Semedos.

So no that doesnt add up i am afraid.

The number of times dribbled a match would be massively against Roberto if players were targetting him so much in comparison to Semedo and it isnt.

That's completely false. First of all you left off clearances. Then the proportions between tackles/dribbled, interceptions/dribbled, clearances/dribbled AND (tackles+interceptions+clearances)/dribbles are ALL in the favor of Semedo both in La Liga and CL except only for tackles/dribbled in Liga.

And that last statement is not necessarily true, that's an average, especially given the amount of games Roberto has played versus Semedo.

So, I rest my case. Also don't forget that Semedo had games where he played few minutes (in addition to 2 where he played none).

JamDav1982

That's completely false. First of all you left off clearances. Then the proportions between tackles/dribbled, interceptions/dribbled, clearances/dribbled AND (tackles+interceptions+clearances)/dribbles are ALL in the favor of Semedo both in La Liga and CL except only for tackles/dribbled in Liga.

And that last statement is not necessarily true, that's an average, especially given the amount of games Roberto has played versus Semedo.

So, I rest my case. Also don't forget that Semedo had games where he played few minutes (in addition to 2 where he played none).

Nah that is totally wrong and in CL Roberto played midfield more.

Clearances has next to nothing to do with getting dribbled and all in there is not much in it but Roberto has slightly better defensive stats.

What is completely false is claiming it is because teams target him more when there is no much in how many times each get dribbled a match.

You should rest your case. I agree.

ebieymjunior

Nah that is totally wrong and in CL Roberto played midfield more.

Clearances has next to nothing to do with getting dribbled and all in there is not much in it but Roberto has slightly better defensive stats.

What is completely false is claiming it is because teams target him more when there is no much in how many times each get dribbled a match.

You should rest your case. I agree.

Clearances partly has something to do with it too, if you clear a ball, you don't get dribbled past.
Even without clearances the individual statistics still show in favor of Semedo.
But I think it's pointless to talk to someone that thinks that football is all about statistics. Oh, well, many more people on Barcaforum I guess

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

I was referring to games feautring both Semedo and Roberto. Don't remember many myself. Betis, Roma 2x, anything else?

Yeah, not full games, I was referencing to the style of play, and tactics in general. When they played even few minutes together, you could see the difference.

Just for fun, I looked up when they played together:

-Betis (Aug, 2-0) - Roberto in SS
-Juventus (Sep, 3-0, Roberto on 70’ after 3-0)
-Eibar (Sep, 6-1, Roberto on 63’ after 5-1)
-Malaga (Oct, 2-0, Semedo on 72’ after 2-0)
-Bilbao (Oct, 2-0, Semedo on 83’ after 1-0)
-Olympiacos (Oct, 0-0, Roberto off 46’) - Roberto in RM in 4-4-2
-Real (Dec, 3-0, Semedo on 77’ after 2-0, Roberto off 91’ after 2-0)
-Celta (Jan, 1-1, Roberto on 76’ after 1-1)
-Levante (Jan, 3-0, Semedo on 67’ after 2-0, Roberto off 86’ after 2-0)
-Girona (Feb, 6-1, Roberto on 77’ after 6-1)
-Roma (Apr, 4-1, Roberto off 83’ after 3-1) - Roberto in RM in 4-4-2
-Leganes (Apr, 3-1, Roberto off 74’ after 2-1) - Roberto in LB
-Celta (Apr, 2-2, Roberto on 60’ after 1-1 and off 71’ after 2-1 - red)

So after that Betis game, they've basically never played a full game together, and have only started 3 games together (2 with Roberto in RM in 4-4-2, and 1 in LB).
We should really try Roberto in a 4-3-3 midfield.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Clearances partly has something to do with it too, if you clear a ball, you don't get dribbled past.
Even without clearances the individual statistics still show in favor of Semedo.
But I think it's pointless to talk to someone that thinks that football is all about statistics. Oh, well, many more people on Barcaforum I guess

The individual statistics do not favour Semedo.

Dont agree but add clearances and blocks if want and Roberto still getting dribbled less in comparison to those actions.

Nope never said 'football is about statistics' I said Roberto has the marginally better defensive stats and far better attacking stats as well as the opinions of manager and players at Barca. On top of that Portugal manager does not seem to rate him before or after his move.

JamDav1982

Yeah, not full games, I was referencing to the style of play, and tactics in general. When they played even few minutes together, you could see the difference.

Just for fun, I looked up when they played together:

-Betis (Aug, 2-0) - Roberto in SS
-Juventus (Sep, 3-0, Roberto on 70’ after 3-0)
-Eibar (Sep, 6-1, Roberto on 63’ after 5-1)
-Malaga (Oct, 2-0, Semedo on 72’ after 2-0)
-Bilbao (Oct, 2-0, Semedo on 83’ after 1-0)
-Olympiacos (Oct, 0-0, Roberto off 46’) - Roberto in RM in 4-4-2
-Real (Dec, 3-0, Semedo on 77’ after 2-0, Roberto off 91’ after 2-0)
-Celta (Jan, 1-1, Roberto on 76’ after 1-1)
-Levante (Jan, 3-0, Semedo on 67’ after 2-0, Roberto off 86’ after 2-0)
-Girona (Feb, 6-1, Roberto on 77’ after 6-1)
-Roma (Apr, 4-1, Roberto off 83’ after 3-1) - Roberto in RM in 4-4-2
-Leganes (Apr, 3-1, Roberto off 74’ after 2-1) - Roberto in LB
-Celta (Apr, 2-2, Roberto on 60’ after 1-1 and off 71’ after 2-1 - red)

So after that Betis game, they've basically never played a full game together, and have only started 3 games together (2 with Roberto in RM in 4-4-2, and 1 in LB).
We should really try Roberto in a 4-3-3 midfield.

Haha you are counting games when one of them was subbed on as being amongst the best of season when they both played....Stretching.

Trying to change the claim.

ebieymjunior

The individual statistics do not favour Semedo.

Dont agree but add clearances and blocks if want and Roberto still getting dribbled less in comparison to those actions.

Nope never said 'football is about statistics' I said Roberto has the marginally better defensive stats and far better attacking stats as well as the opinions of manager and players at Barca. On top of that Portugal manager does not seem to rate him before or after his move.

But he doesn't.

Haha you are counting games when one of them was subbed on as being amongst the best of season when they both played....Stretching.

Trying to change the claim.

I think your problem is that you can't read. Won't waste my time with you.

JamDav1982

But he doesn't.

I think your problem is that you can't read. Won't waste my time with you.

He does.

Roberto gets dribbled less on those La liga stats when adding in the other defensive areas.

Your point about Barca having some of best games when Semedo RB and Roberto midfield was terrible then just listed a load unrelated games as if trying to make another point.

Home of Barca Fans