Nelson Semedo

M

MessiCam

Sometimes I feel he is a CB playing the RB position. Don't think it is a tactical thing either as Roberto is more free when playing.
He is good player and great signing but he needs to step up his offensive game to get more playing time, otherwise he will continue to share position with Roberto for the next few year rather than being a clear cut starter
This is not the case. He was bombing forward and doing well in the early games. He shouldn’t be blamed for Valverde’s tactics. Big money was spent and continues to be spent on this guy but his potential is not being utilised by a simple minded coach.

The ideals that made this club great since the late 80’s is being eaten away from the core. I’m not a politician so I don’t care too much for the board politics but this coach has shown his true colours and it all started off so well after the Super Copa losses. He got the midfield involved, got Messi back into a False 9 posItion to help in midfield going forward, attacking wing play was reintroduced and the pressing and counter-pressing intensity was at a high level. It’s all been downhill since and the players, poor or not, are being blamed for this brand of footie.

It’s just ugly.

khaled_a_d

This is not the case. He was bombing forward and doing well in the early games. He shouldn’t be blamed for Valverde’s tactics. Big money was spent and continues to be spent on this guy but his potential is not being utilised by a simple minded coach.

The ideals that made this club great since the late 80’s is being eaten away from the core. I’m not a politician so I don’t care too much for the board politics but this coach has shown his true colours and it all started off so well after the Super Copa losses. He got the midfield involved, got Messi back into a False 9 posItion to help in midfield going forward, attacking wing play was reintroduced and the pressing and counter-pressing intensity was at a high level. It’s all been downhill since and the players, poor or not, are being blamed for this brand of footie.

It’s just ugly.

Why Semedo and not Roberto? and why Semedo didn't do anything on the offense when he was given the freedom? like against AM? I think the whole coach thing is a poor excuse. And he wasn't really bombering forward early,only game he was solid on offense was the one against Eibar. He has a lot to improve in that end and I am honestly not sure how anyone can deny it

M

MessiCam

Why Semedo and not Roberto? and why Semedo didn't do anything on the offense when he was given the freedom? like against AM? I think the whole coach thing is a poor excuse. And he wasn't really bombering forward early,only game he was solid on offense was the one against Eibar. He has a lot to improve in that end and I am honestly not sure how anyone can deny it

You expect him to play at a high level when he is being used every other game if he is lucky... And yes, he was bombing forward in the early going, I watched the re-run. What game were you watching?

serghei

Sometimes I feel he is a CB playing the RB position. Don't think it is a tactical thing either as Roberto is more free when playing.
He is good player and great signing but he needs to step up his offensive game to get more playing time, otherwise he will continue to share position with Roberto for the next few year rather than being a clear cut starter

I think Roberto gets overrated a lot now based on his offensive contributions. He doesn't bring a lot more than Semedo. His crosses are a bit more accurate, and that's about it.

khaled_a_d

I think Roberto gets overrated a lot now based on his offensive contributions. He doesn't bring a lot more than Semedo. His crosses are a bit more accurate, and that's about it.

He brings way more than Semedo, Semedo has been quit shy on offense even when he is attacking.

You expect him to play at a high level when he is being used every other game if he is lucky... And yes, he was bombing forward in the early going, I watched the re-run. What game were you watching?

The "every other game" argument? really,come on now.
Many players are like that and are ready when needed, and he himself play on high level on defense when needed. He has been limited on attack since he came here, you can ignore it as you want and say I am watching other games but it won't change it.
If he wants to be sure starter here he will need to do more when he is attacking, he doesn't do any play-making or link up plays, it is an area he need to improve and he surely has very high potential in it, but he need to translate that potential

Windhook

@Barcaman

Any chance of including the other Semedo smilie I made? The badass one.:D I rarely see the guy smile on the pitch, seems serious at all times. Reminds me of Eric Abidal a bit.

JamDav1982

The rhythm argument is clueless.

He has started three of the last four games and came on in the other one and plenty players dont start every game.

Played ok last night still want to see more from him going forward.

Of the two Roberto has been much the better going forward so far this season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He seems faster than Roberto, but it is weird how he can't "lose" his markers the way Roberto does with a quick burst of acceleration. Guess Roberto's dribbling is just better.

xXKonan

He's fast no doubt, hell he's probably even faster than Alba.

The likes of Semedo and Alba can make up for any mistake they did with their pace but Roberto and Digne, while both have decent pace they don't have the explosive acceleration top end speed like both Semedo and Alba have.

Xaviniesta

Happy birthday to Nelsinho! :yes::dance::veryhappy::party:

O39HOVv.jpg

Last edited:

PhilS

No complaints about his play, but I can't help worrying about how the youngster will hold up playing all of two games every week. Who backs him up, until S. Roberto returns? Put Digne in, playing on the wrong side? We've seen Masch at RB, but he is out for a while, too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No complaints about his play, but I can't help worrying about how the youngster will hold up playing all of two games every week. Who backs him up, until S. Roberto returns? Put Digne in, playing on the wrong side? We've seen Masch at RB, but he is out for a while, too.

We have Aleix. He can play some games and against Murcia I want to see Palencia.

Home of Barca Fans